• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Olight L5 Pro: When is it coming?

maukka

Enlightened
Re: Olight L5/R50 Pro: When is it coming?

Yes the tailcap is magnetic just like the S1 etc.

And it's a strong one. The magnet holds the light great even with some thick plastic between the tailcap and the metal surface.

What is also cool, you can use the magnetic charging tailcap from the Pro on the normal R50 and the light works and charges fine.

Someone on reddit asked if the tailcap from the R50 Pro will be available as an optional upgrade for R50 Seeker owners?

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
If all goes well, review out in couple of days.

Four things I am wondering about:

1) How low is the low mode.
2) How well does it throw when compared to the regular R50
3) How quickly or how difficult is it to find the side switch in the dark.
4) General comparison to Acebeam EC50 (usefulness, charging time, parasitic drain, quality, beamshots, etc.)

Looking forward to your review! We thank you in advance for all your hard work too!

Note: Just looked at the specs: low is 60 lumens, turbo is 3200 lumens for 1.5 minutes, then powers down to 1000 lumens thereafter.

Last edited:

Olightworld

Enlightened
Hey Carl,

Yes you are right low mode is 60 lumens.
Throw is actually less than the regular R50 due to the XHP70 LED being much wider and has a brighter and floodier beam but less throw.
Finding the side switch should be pretty easy due to the very large chamfer on the top of the light right above the switch to designate where your thumb goes when using it.
Not sure about Acebeam but i am sure someone will do a comparison here. Thank you

Four things I am wondering about:

1) How low is the low mode.
2) How well does it throw when compared to the regular R50
3) How quickly or how difficult is it to find the side switch in the dark.
4) General comparison to Acebeam EC50 (usefulness, charging time, parasitic drain, quality, beamshots, etc.)

Looking forward to your review! We thank you in advance for all your hard work too!

Note: Just looked at the specs: low is 60 lumens, turbo is 3200 lumens for 1.5 minutes, then powers down to 1000 lumens thereafter.

Olightworld

Enlightened
So it will work with the tailcap but keep in mind that the pro version still has the upgraded LED with 700 more lumens. Also we will not be selling the tailcap separately. Thank you.

Hope we can get just the pro tail cap to use on the regular r50 for more charging options!

needforspeed

Newly Enlightened
If we can't purchase separate tail caps, I hope we can buy extra charging cradles for multiple vehicles/wall mounts.

Olightworld

Enlightened
Yes we will have the fast charging cradles and usb cables separately. The charging tailcap with the regular R50 is not reliable and we don't want people hurting their lights with it. That's why we aren't selling the tailcaps.

If we can't purchase separate tail caps, I hope we can buy extra charging cradles for multiple vehicles/wall mounts.

kj2

Flashaholic
Yes we will have the fast charging cradles and usb cables separately. The charging tailcap with the regular R50 is not reliable and we don't want people hurting their lights with it. That's why we aren't selling the tailcaps.

What is the unreliable part of the R50 tailcap?

maukka

Enlightened
What is the unreliable part of the R50 tailcap?

I think it's just that the R50 Pro tailcap doesn't physically work as reliably with the R50 body. Maybe there's some other small physical differences in the tailcaps in addition to the charging system, because the R50 Pro tailcap doesn't screw in as smoothly on the R50 as their respective tailcaps.

jedi_master

Newly Enlightened
Hey Carl,

Yes you are right low mode is 60 lumens.
Throw is actually less than the regular R50 due to the XHP70 LED being much wider and has a brighter and floodier beam but less throw.
Finding the side switch should be pretty easy due to the very large chamfer on the top of the light right above the switch to designate where your thumb goes when using it.
Not sure about Acebeam but i am sure someone will do a comparison here. Thank you

Olight should consider adding a true low mode - that is 10 lumen or less. Also, Olight needs to release a throwy light that can compete with Acebeam EC60. Perhaps, R50 Amateur with XHP35 HI emitter?

Olightworld

Enlightened

Previous model was R40, This is R50, next will most likely be R60, etc. The number does not reference the LED. The fact that it has magnetic charging and 700 more lumens give it that pro name.

Yeah, I agree with you on that

jedi_master

Newly Enlightened

Previous model was R40, This is R50, next will most likely be R60, etc. The number does not reference the LED. The fact that it has magnetic charging and 700 more lumens give it that pro name.

So R60 with XHP35 HI is coming soon? Please say yes. :)

JB

Enlightened

I was about to get the R50 Pro when I noticed that there is no true memory for High mode. According to the manual, the memory for High only lasts for 10 minutes after shut off. After 10 minutes without use, the mode reverts to Medium.

This is a poorly implemented UI and a bad decision on the part of Olight.

Latest posts