• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Olight Marauder X7vn - 2017 Popcan King

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
Cool. U know mtnelectronics sell sony vtc 6 in unprotected button top right, as well as 30q in button top unprotected.
Actually I didn't know that. Thanks, I'll go check it out. Although I do have way more high drain 18650s right now than I will every need so not currently looking for any stock. But it is good to know.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
Anyone have the shaved dome version of this light? I have questions. lol
I got dome on. I figured I could one day start to shave the domes one at a time with a period of time between each of them and test lux as I go. So the answer is no. lol

brighterthanthesun

Enlightened
I am very interested in getting this amazing light, but I have a question for those who have one. At what level can the light run for 20 minutes without getting too hot? I just got the U21vn and one of the things I love about the light is that it can run fill out as long as I want without getting too hot to hold.

ven

Flashaholic
I am very interested in getting this amazing light, but I have a question for those who have one. At what level can the light run for 20 minutes without getting too hot? I just got the U21vn and one of the things I love about the light is that it can run fill out as long as I want without getting too hot to hold.

For this size of light, you would be looking at around the 2500lm level to sustain a decent output for a good duration of time. This will vary, if cool outside then less issue as your hand helps dissipate the heat. Inside and tail stood(not recommended anyway at that type of output unless monitored) then it would get warmer quite a bit quicker(just an example).

brighterthanthesun

Enlightened
I was concerned that the light would not be capable of operating for long at a high output for 20 minutes, but I was hoping for more than 15% of max. The Manker U21 is such a tank that it can maintain max output for a very long time. Is there a light out there that is built heavy like the U21 that could be modified to allow a very high lumen output for a longer period of time? This is in no way a criticism of the great one, but my EC4S can maintain 2,200 lumens for 20 minutes (I think). I would love to have this much light in the palm of my hand, but I think that I would need it to be able to maintain a higher output for 20 minutes. Might still buy one though, it is just too tempting.

ven

Flashaholic
Some lights can sustain max output, due to the mass simply being sufficient for the output . Just an example all be it an obvious one-20% of 10,000lm is more than 100% of 1000lm and it will handle double the output better than a smaller light pushed to the limit of a light on turbo 1000lm(usually a few mins burst). It may take 3000lm depending on the environment as there are many variables. This is a very good output, 2500-3000lm is significant. The ec4s will no doubt step down or be direct drive so always decreasing and never revert back to 2200lm once used for a short while. At 20m your probably looking at 1200-1500lm tops...........and decreasing. For a light that is a pop can size, its a lot of output for the form factor (compact head) so there will always be a disadvantage over a "typical" design with a larger head which all aids heat dissipation. Even if you run 50%..........we are talking 8000lm there for a few minutes..............pretty amazing!

Crazy pushed WOW lights are just that, short bursts of amazing output, but very practical still as they have many mode options to cater for all applications .

For a pop can flooder today, this x7vn is a must if you want the best performing . You still have 16k on tap, but many options of outputs bellow for sustaining a high output:) Heck the tn36vn with 8400lm is mighty impressive to me today............

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
The x7 is much more thermally sound in terms of it's design and overall bulk than the TN36 (ut). I will have to do some quick testing and get back to you guys here but I would think definitely more than 2500 lumens for the 20 minute test. Maybe more like 4,000. I'll test it soon and get back. But yes, it's an amazing light.

ateupwithgolf

Enlightened
Own at TK75vn and love it.

On this puppy, I went the stock route for $159 shipped at the Olightstore. Let's say I wanted to send to Vihn to upgrade, what am I looking at to upgrade to spec 2 ballpark?

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Own at TK75vn and love it.

On this puppy, I went the stock route for $159 shipped at the Olightstore. Let's say I wanted to send to Vihn to upgrade, what am I looking at to upgrade to spec 2 ballpark?

It will cost more if you send your stock light to upgrade spec 2 or whatever spec.. it is cheaper to buy directly from him. Trust me..

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
I'm not sure which "level" it was at but starting at 3,900 lumens sustained for 20 minutes constant while warm/hot, still easily held in hand and crept down to approx 2,600 lumens by end of test. I think the batteries were a bit low at the time to sustain the 3,900 lumen output. It got fairly hot but still within reason. Next time I'll have to remember to use the touchless thermometer for specific numbers.

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have the x7 -yet- but I can tell you it's difficult hitting 20 minutes on turbo on most boosted lights, especially flooders. Heck even on stock flood lights, I think 20mins on turbo is hard to achieve.

That said, my comment above is based on the assumption that you intend to use this as a handheld tool and that you live in southern California. If you are in Antarctica and intent to mount this to your snow mobile, YMMV. Drastically.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
I don't have the x7 -yet- but I can tell you it's difficult hitting 20 minutes on turbo on most boosted lights, especially flooders. Heck even on stock flood lights, I think 20mins on turbo is hard to achieve.

That said, my comment above is based on the assumption that you intend to use this as a handheld tool and that you live in southern California. If you are in Antarctica and intent to mount this to your snow mobile, YMMV. Drastically.

yeah, we're just trying to figure out what level of lumens is the brightest it can reasonably used for a 20 minute stretch. Yes eekazum, X7VN is definitely one of those boosted lights you are referring to. Antarctica has a very nice climate for the X7VN.
:hitit: