• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Olight Marauder X7vn - 2017 Popcan King

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
Perfect! I heard back from vihn. He echoed what you said about the unprotected high drain cells. I was reading the link to the ones he sent me and it said to be careful not to overcharge or over discharge the batteries. Over discharging should not be a problem because I charge on a regular basis however the over charging thing has me nervous. I have a battery charger with a voltage meter. Should I just watch them until they reach a certain voltage? Thank you in advance
That Thrunite would work as would any standard lithium battery charger. Non of them should over charge your cells. However some have better features and are more flexible as far as selecting the amps you want. I'd recommend this Liitokala HERE .

Also with any decent lithium charger, you might have a care for over-discharging your cells as it is never intentional when it happens and will degrade the life of your lithium cell, sometimes quite significantly or no good. Some lights with electronic switches slightly drain the battery even when not in use. If you forget about one of these lights and it has bad parasitic drain, after several months your cells might go down to 1.5V or even .0V. This is the bad news for lithium cells as opposed to them being over-charges. Obviously, just use modern lithium cells and a good lithium charger. If your cells are old, laptop pulls, may have been compromised, or otherwise questionable than keep an eye on them while charging. Otherwise today's cells, they're pretty durable.

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast
3e82ed25e5ee092fe5081cb1c4d49f5f.jpg
this is the one that I have. What do you think

You can do so much more with the OPUS 3100/3400 or the Liitokala 500--mainly change charge currents from 200ma--1000ma 4cells ---- Opus 2000ma 2cells
Also they both test mah with discharge capability-- Opus up to 1000ma --- Liitokala 250 or 500 ma only--I personally like the Opus better---I have all kinds of chargers--basic charging only--Xtar XP4 Panzer

Last edited:

g1moore1

Newly Enlightened
Thank you Vinh! I am very pleased with the X7vn + XHP70 CW Dome On. I don't know how you manage to answer all your emails, build lights and check this forum not counting you also have to have a personal life too, but your professionalism and attitude is top notch and I appreciate the service. I am now sold on your products and look forward to more purchases in the future, oh wait I also bought the Olight PL-1vn II VALKYRIE-XPL right after lol (cant wait to get it to:thumbsup:) guess this means I'm hooked now. Its late here I just got done working and it 12am (east coast). I did get to take a couple of shots of the Olight next to the (stock) Noctigon M43 S3 3D 4885K for comparison. Try to get some beam shots soon.

Thanks, Gerald
20170303_231713.jpg
20170303_231838.jpg

Rockjunkie15

Newly Enlightened
I just received my X7vn Spec 1 yesterday and tested it out on my nighty walk and WOW! The light really kicks out an insane amount of light when needed while still having a great constant modes that run continuously without heat issues. I have it setup in group 11 and the 15% mode really is wonderful.

Awesome light Vihn

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
X7vn with XHP70.2 is now on the SkyLumen website:

"XHP70.2 Cool White 6500K
Lumen: 21,000
Lux: 90K
Throw: 600m"

Near the top of page 2. This is tops in power for its head diameter class!

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whoa...

That's 7000 lumen per LED. Even the x45vn "only" does 6250 lumen per LED. Yikes...

Keitho

Enlightened
I must be dumb, I thought this was the thread. I'm having trouble finding another on the x7vn,

cclight

Newly Enlightened
Hi Keitho, I've got the X7vn with 70.2. It's the best for my taste in the high output and big size section. Output is massive, at 21klm, close to the significantly bigger x45, so I prefer the X7. Beam is very floody with a large hotspot and no artifacts. Tint is neutral white. Comparing it to the R50Provn, with the XHP70, tints are indistinguishable to me.

Duration obviously depends on the output you set. At maximum it does get hot and in less than 3min output drops to... the floor because you can no longer hold
it :) Even holding it by the tail I couldn't stand the heat. Fortunately I managed to use the last seconds to turn it off before putting it on the floor as fast as possible... One feature I really like is that you don't have the idiotic automatic factory-fixed drop in output due to temperature and configure it yourself.

Highly recommended.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I must be dumb, I thought this was the thread. I'm having trouble finding another on the x7vn,

I think you may have accidentally written X45vn in your above quote. If you are looking for the X7vn than yes, you are indeed in the right place.

Just a FYI, Olight just released an updated version of the X7 just this week. Maybe Vinh will work some magic on this updated version as well.

Keitho

Enlightened
Today was, most definitely, a great day for me. After weeks of being unable to ride my bicycle outdoors, I got clearance from the Dr that my broken clavicle was strong enough to return to my daily routine of biking to and from work. As I finished a fantastic first ride in 6 weeks, I was greeted by a package from Kent, WA.

Thank you Vinh, for making a very good day "great!"

https://imgur.com/gallery/WNqKW

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone have the XHP70.2? Thoughts on the output, beam, duration?

Who has got their X7vn?

I did. This x7vn is very nice. I like the driver vnx2. Built quality is great.. this xhp70.2 X7r have 21,000 lumen and any mode above 5% is freaking bright and lift up the whole field.. if you guys worry about the runtime, use 15% mode. And 100% mode as needed.. I am loving this light.. I kick myself for not buying it early.. lol.

Latest posts