Olight R50 Seeker Copper ... Limited Edition

ven

Flashaholic
I think it is Olights PVD (physical vapor deposition) coating on the bezel ring, blow torch for some heat treating looks a good option:D

timbo114

Enlightened
I had to snag one too.
I hope this isn't made again later on in NW ... I mean I DO ... but then I'd have to sell this CW unit.

I though my addiction had waned .... but then COPPER lights were/are built.

maukka

Enlightened
Hrr, it's a glorious chunk of copper. Amazingly heavy too!

To make it more special, Olight really should have offered this with a neutral white high CRI LED.

P6SWaZO.jpg

i9vS9BG.jpg

niktak11

Newly Enlightened
I had to snag one too.
I hope this isn't made again later on in NW ... I mean I DO ... but then I'd have to sell this CW unit.

I though my addiction had waned .... but then COPPER lights were/are built.
And then the R50 Pro Copper version will come out...

maukka

Enlightened
Just a note, you can physically lock out the R50-Cu by opening the tailcap even a tiny bit.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a quick question.

I have worked around copper pipe a bit and witnessed that it is quite soft and doesn't wear well, dings and scratches easily. Is this the case with copper lights or are they an entirely different beast?

Olightworld

Enlightened
Naturally Copper is a soft metal so there is no real way to get around that. We have dropped the various copper lights that we make several times and it doesn't show much wear at all. We can easily say as a light, it is just as durable as the aluminum and titanium lights that we make. Luckily they get darker and patina over time which does a really great job at hiding any scratches.

Just a quick question.

I have worked around copper pipe a bit and witnessed that it is quite soft and doesn't wear well, dings and scratches easily. Is this the case with copper lights or are they an entirely different beast?

Olightworld

Enlightened
Unfortunately this is an Olight USA exclusive.

Seeing in the banner, Olight has on CPF, this one is limited to 999 pieces.
Wonder if I'll see one over here, or that this will be a America only light.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a note, you can physically lock out the R50-Cu by opening the tailcap even a tiny bit.
Really! That's great news, but how is that possible? Clear anodizing of the threads? The body is not an electrical conductor? Maybe only works with Olight Battery? I can't wait to investigate if you don't have the answer? That was one of my beefs, but given that it's an insane weight I recognized it as more of a show piece, but you never know...

maukka

Enlightened
Works with any battery. The body is conductive, but the negative tailcap terminal is insulated from the body. Instead, there's a steel ring down below in the tailcap that connects to the body and the terminal when screwed in tight. Smart engineering.

HXnV5Pu.jpg

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks! That is great. I'm very happy to see they took the time to engineer this. Olight has moved up from one of the bottom companies on my flashlight list to a very reasonable position with some of their offerings over the last couple of years.

Olightworld

Enlightened
We really appreciate the feedback. We have found our "groove" and are coming out with consistent and refined products.

Thanks! That is great. I'm very happy to see they took the time to engineer this. Olight has moved up from one of the bottom companies on my flashlight list to a very reasonable position with some of their offerings over the last couple of years.

Olightworld

Enlightened
It has a normal lockout as well. Just hold the switch from off past the moonlight mode and it will lockout. When you try to use the light, the switch will turn red and it will not work until you hold down the switch again to exit lockout mode.

Latest posts