OLIGHT SR52 Intimidator (3x18650,XM-L2,1200Lm,Built In Charger) REVIEW

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
OMG.... Arrrrgh... I have been considering a 2-3 18650 thrower recently. After carefully going over this excellent review I almost like it more than the catapult V5-----except no neutral tint version it seems. LOL there is always a catch.

FlashLion

Enlightened
OMG.... Arrrrgh... I have been considering a 2-3 18650 thrower recently. After carefully going over this excellent review I almost like it more than the catapult V5-----except no neutral tint version it seems. LOL there is always a catch.
Thanks for reading my reviews martinaee !
Would be great if all manufacturers offer their top flashlights with a Neutral white LED,as ThruNite with their Catapult V5 and TN32. Unfortunately they do not.
As cistallus suggests,modded flashlight by Vinh is a good option if you like the SR52 form factor and prefer a neutral white light.

joshjp

Enlightened
YAY i just ordered this from GoingGear.com, there the BEST, i should get iton Monday, i also ordered the Thrunite TN32.....

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
YAY i just ordered this from GoingGear.com, there the BEST, i should get iton Monday, i also ordered the Thrunite TN32.....

Ohh NO! Another man caught in this addiction. However, do the best of the situation and enjoy your lights! :)
I have TN32 and love it. One advantage if you get both these lights is that you can use the same set up of batteries.

joshjp

Enlightened
Ohh NO! Another man caught in this addiction. However, do the best of the situation and enjoy your lights! :)
I have TN32 and love it. One advantage if you get both these lights is that you can use the same set up of batteries.
Im SOOO addicted to lights, i just got the TN32 and WOW its NUTS, i need it to be dark out, gotta wait 8HRS or so, but the SR52 should be great to.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im SOOO addicted to lights, i just got the TN32 and WOW its NUTS, i need it to be dark out, gotta wait 8HRS or so, but the SR52 should be great to.

I think even SR52 is great, and it's smaller size. More comfortable to hold, I guess. Did you get the cool white or neutral white of TN32?

joshjp

Enlightened
I think even SR52 is great, and it's smaller size. More comfortable to hold, I guess. Did you get the cool white or neutral white of TN32?
Yea it looks much smaler, i ordered the Cool White, i got the Thrunite TN12 Natural White and dnt like the color to much, i got the Cool White one also but it had dust were the LED was..GRRR

joshjp

Enlightened

Does your TN32 flicker.when you turn it on? Mine does and then it turns on, I hope its normal or I'm never getting a thrunite
product ever again.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does your TN32 flicker.when you turn it on? Mine does and then it turns on, I hope its normal or I'm never getting a thrunite
product ever again.

No my TN 32 does not flicker, neither my TN35. Maybe you are very unlucky and got a faulty sample. Don't give up, this is a great light. No flashlight brand is completely free from problem. Contact the dealer.

joshjp

Enlightened
No my TN 32 does not flicker, neither my TN35. Maybe you are very unlucky and got a faulty sample. Don't give up, this is a great light. No flashlight brand is completely free from problem. Contact the dealer.
Hmmmm well im uploading a video on Youtube, i will try to post it here in the aThrunite TN32 Thread, if you can look there that will be great.

jmsodpc

Newly Enlightened
I have been happily using my sr52 for four years. Always nice to see that Clean 1200 lumen light so readily available. Those original review is whatade me buy it.

Everytime I look at other lights online....I realize I don't need another one...but for some reason I want one.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SR52 is STILL the most well designed and built high output LED 3x18650 size light I have ever had let alone even USE. I am STILL rocking my 4+ year old original XML2! I keep it very clean including the glass. It will STILL light up another entire HOUSE a block away.

Of course I got the SR52UT as well. Just as well built. These things are TANKS. Despite the fact that the SR52UT throws SO MUCH FARTHER the XP-L HI emitter in it jut does not put out one of the BEST beam profiles ever which in my opinion is still the XML2 SR52. PLENTY of throw, PLENTY of output and one of the FIRST lights to have such LONG run time abilities.

Latest posts