Olight SR95S UT-Mod or not?

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Law of diminishing returns is exactly the issue I am running into here.

I think that Teej and someone else were onto something with their suggestion. For you to come up with your own body/head/carrier designs and then do the intricate magic that you are already doing to existing hosts. Another upside to that would be that you wouldn't have to undo things, but just complete what's left to be done. Also, the idea that you could have the same body for different sizes/applications and then make new complete heads for them as time went on would appeal to quite a few customers I would imagine.

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
I really see much potential in this light. When I think of what it will take to get what I want I am unconvinced that it would be worth the effort at this time. There is just too much I'd want to change. The body needs to be smaller and lighter. The LE would have to be monstrously complicated. The reflector would need to change as the stock one is junk. I want to do it but it but don't think I should.
I second the just make your own theary. Or only make a small batch and buy used ones or something? Illumination supply has the non S SR95UT's on sale, could you mod those the same?

How far could you go with just a reflector and circuitry mod? Leave the body and crap alone?

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
I think that Teej and someone else were onto something with their suggestion. For you to come up with your own body/head/carrier designs and then do the intricate magic that you are already doing to existing hosts. Another upside to that would be that you wouldn't have to undo things, but just complete what's left to be done. Also, the idea that you could have the same body for different sizes/applications and then make new complete heads for them as time went on would appeal to quite a few customers I would imagine.
Michealcoffs?

star_c_star

Enlightened
If you could modify and/or build a flashlight to produce over 2.5 million candela, I'm sure at least a few people in this forum would pay $1000-$1500 for it. It would have more throw than any HID (with one or two possible exceptions), and also more than some Short Arcs. It could be the size of an Olight SR90, with a correspondingly large reflector, and some people would still buy it (I probably would!).

I am using the thread Consolidated Short Arc & HID spotlight Lux readings as a reference source for the HID and Short Arc candela values.

Do you see 2.5 million or more candela, from a one LED flashlight, as even being possible in the near future? I mean, without using something like a 10 inch reflector, a giant LED with incredible heatsinking, and a massive number of 18650 batteries?

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you could modify and/or build a flashlight to produce over 2.5 million candela, I'm sure at least a few people in this forum would pay $1000-$1500 for it. It would have more throw than any HID (with one or two possible exceptions), and also more than some Short Arcs. It could be the size of an Olight SR90, with a correspondingly large reflector, and some people would still buy it (I probably would!).

I am using the thread Consolidated Short Arc & HID spotlight Lux readings as a reference source for the HID and Short Arc candela values.

Do you see 2.5 million or more candela, from a one LED flashlight, as even being possible in the near future? I mean, without using something like a 10 inch reflector, a giant LED with incredible heatsinking, and a massive number of 18650 batteries?

Is it possible? Yes. I've already done that and more. The setup required to meet that is not terribly practical at this juncture though. That is where significant development will be required.

Raybo

Enlightened
NOT!
At 3X the MRP price you are really stretching it................... just my 2 cents.

star_c_star

Enlightened
If it were 3 times the MRP, but 10 times the original candela (i.e., around 2.5 million or so), I suspect there would be quite a few takers on this forum.

AngryDaddyBird

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to see it happen! I havethe SR95S-UT SBT-70 and like it but if you can get it to throw 4x further and still have useable spill I would buy it!

Latest posts