Opinions on the new "pineapple" body style

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
I like how the old Kroll switch body was knurled.

View attachment 20584
Pretty much the same depth between 'islands' of knurls as the body with a removeable tail cap but a wider gap between them. Kinda acts like rain tires on a race car versus dry pavement tires.

+1 the smaller Krolls had great grip… the larger ones didn't change much when the switch changed, I think because it was still a separate tail cap.

image.jpg

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the 3 bands of knurling like on MD3, it gives user a better grip.
If the same spacing (same as your bitchen camo) was applied to MD2 bodies imo Malkoff should have made those fine adjustments to the traditional knurling. It would have saved cost for the pineapple retooling, cnc re-programing, and the trickle down price increases to customers.. just my 2ct..

Robot Mania FU

Newly Enlightened
sMZF0M6l.jpg

I don't mind the pineapple grip (especially on the 21700 body), but I still think I prefer the older knurling. I just wish it was a little more aggressive like on the fivemega bodies or the z41's. I'm terrible at taking pictures so I'm not going to do it justice, but both are noticeably more aggressive and provide a much better grip.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
The pineapple knurling looks nice but I find my MD2 to be rather slippery, even with the tri cap. Works find on the MD3, probably just because its longer. Not a deal killer by any means but in a perfect world I'd stick with the more traditional hatching pattern.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
What I'm about to say may be offensive to some but I'm going to say it anyway:
To me the pineapple knurled MD-2 is like putting big wheels and tires on a lowered mini van. Looks cool but really serves no other purpose.

I liked the old way. But that's just me. I suppose if I were buying my first MD-2 and had the option of pineapple versus old style I'd probably opt for the pineapple.

timbo114

Enlightened
I have old skool MD 2,3,4s ... knurling is a bit shallow (bow to fivemega).
Although my original MD2 serial #1356 w/Kroll switch has excellent knurling ..
I have MD2, MD4 and 21700 Pineapples.
I DO NOT care for the MD2 pineapple.
MD4 and 21700 are really good in hand, as per more tactile surface.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
The new pineapple knurling is much deeper then the old style but the body is so smooth it doesn't matter. The old style although not perfect works much better for me. The best knurling IMO is on elzetta.