Opinions wanted--Good cargo pants...???

jymkym_1

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for anyone's opinions or recommendation's on cargo pants, something with multiple pockets, heavier maybe stiffer quality, good price.....I work in a warehouse setting and it seems that i go through jeans like crazy.......Carhartt brand comes to mind.....I think Farm & Fleet carries those which is close to me.....
thnx for any help......

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a couple pairs of CountryComm's 'Diplomat' cargo pants and I really like them, allthough you may not feel that they're heavy enough for your needs.

Many good features. Phone pocket. DEEP back pockets. Reinforcements for knife/light clips. Ankle straps. Very nice attention to detail.

They also cost 1/3 less than most.

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Make sure they are a "BDU" type pants. Even if they only last as long, the difference between that cut and typical pants is worth it.
Avoid the Propper all cotton, they don't last as long as cheap WalMart pants under similar conditions. The cotton/poly mix seems to last.

Phreeq

Newly Enlightened
Have a look at the Trailhikers or the even sturdier Nailhead Trailhikers from Cabela's.
I got the impression that my Trailhikers last way longer than my 5.11 Tactical pants.
The only thing on the Cabelas I don't like is that the flap on the cell phone/flashlight pocket is too small.

dg

Newly Enlightened
Phreeq said:
Have a look at the Trailhikers or the even sturdier Nailhead Trailhikers from Cabela's.

I would recommend either of these two, too. Both are very comfortable and well made.

Even though the Nailhead version are very thick and heavy, they are still comfortable in hot weather.

The trailhikers are very similar to the 511s, but better value. Only difference is the rear pockets. The phone/knife pocket is more generous on the trailhikers.

PolishSumgai

Newly Enlightened
jymkym_1 said:
I'm looking for anyone's opinions or recommendation's on cargo pants, something with multiple pockets, heavier maybe stiffer quality, good price.....I work in a warehouse setting and it seems that i go through jeans like crazy.......Carhartt brand comes to mind.....I think Farm & Fleet carries those which is close to me.....
thnx for any help......

I bought a pair at the " Coleman Outdoor Store " that are coated in Teflon. Best pair of cargo's I have owned - wear like iron and you can't stain them - heavier quality cotton. The were originally made as a "JEEP" clothing item.

Malpaso

Enlightened
Propper has the best BDUs IMHO, and now has Tactical pants based on the 511s but much less expensive but excellent quality nonetheless. Check out www.bdu.com.

Last edited:

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
No experience with anything other than the 5.11's but like them a lot. They even press pretty well so I can wear then to work. LAPoliceGear has them for $39.95 and you get a pair of the digitial camo version as well as a pair of regular color ones.

tm3

Newly Enlightened
do any of these cargo pants have the "magic elastic" on the waist for expanding fat bodies like me?

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
After following this thread I ordered 2 pairs of poly/cotton ripstop 6 pocket Propper pants from bdu.com late Sunday night. They shipped really quickly and I got them Wednesday!! Nice fabric. Nicely stitched. They look like they'll be pretty durable. Under $30. I will order from them again.

tm3

Newly Enlightened
subumbra i have not ordered anything yet. how do the proppers compare to the county comm diplomats?

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
tm3 said:
subumbra i have not ordered anything yet. how do the proppers compare to the county comm diplomats?
From the bdu.com site it looks like their TACTICAL PANTS seem similar to CountryComms DIPLOMAT PANTS in cost and design. Unfortunately, I didn't even see the Tactical pants until after I had ordered their more standard BDU style. The Proppers seem to come in a wider range of sizes.