Opus BT-C3100 2.2-Comparison-New and Exchanged.

Capolini

Banned
Re: FENIX AND OPUS:UNIFICATION, DEDICATION AND EDIFICATION!!!

I DO NOT HAVE A BRAND NEW NCR18650B PROTECTED BUT I REALIZED I DO HAVE AN NCR18650B BT "UNPROTECTED" THAT WAS NEVER USED AND I BOUGHT IT ON 1.30.2016.BASICALLY 1 YEAR OLD STORED @ 3.60V.

IT WILL BE TESTED IN SLOT #3. THE SAME SLOT AS MY 4 YEAR OLD NCR18650B[PROTECTED] IN MY ORIGINAL TEST WHICH DISPLAYS 3311mAh!

HKJ GOT:3197mAh FROM THE "UNPROTECTED" CELL @ 1AMP AND 3162mAh FROM THE PROTECTED NCR18650B.NOT MUCH DIFFERENCE.

THIS TEST CERTAINLY WON'T BE PERFECT AND IS ALL IN FUN.

ncr33.jpg
NCR_ORB.jpg

THIS READING IS MORE ON PAR THAN MY FIRST TEST W/ THE 4 YEAR OLD NCR!

THE XTAR SEEMS ON PAR TO BE ~10% HIGH.

THAT CONCLUDES MY TESTS FOR A WHILE!
;)

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast

@ Capolini

Why the constant shouting with the all-caps and bold? :confused:

I enjoy your posts, but shouting changes the tone of a thread [and gets annoying] so I tend to skip over the posts where you shout...

:whoopin:

Capolini

Banned

@ Capolini

Why the constant shouting with the all-caps and bold? :confused:

I enjoy your posts, but shouting changes the tone of a thread [and gets annoying] so I tend to skip over the posts where you shout...

:whoopin:

Shouting??? I did not know letters could speak!!

That is fine. I like it because it is easier for me to read

In addition your only contribution[I use that term loosely] has been commenting about this and why this site is not slow and that it may be my computer!

No comments about the subject matter.

Darn it , I forget to get colorful and put this in bold! I will save it for my next test! :laughing:

nbp

Flashaholic

Agreed, please don't type in ALL CAPS ALL THE TIME Cap. Everyone will appreciate it. Thank you.

Capolini

Banned

Agreed, please don't type in ALL CAPS ALL THE TIME Cap. Everyone will appreciate it. Thank you.

OK,,,,,,I don't unless I am doing testing or reviewing.

The next tonight or tomorrow will have Capital letters.

nbp

Flashaholic

There's really no need to ever type an entire post in all caps. If you have good content people will read it. All caps will likely deter more readers than it draws so you do yourself a disservice IMO.

Capolini

Banned

@seery,

Your the first one to complain and moments later npb suggested that I DO NOT use CAPS ALL the time.

Isn't it Ironic that after 3.5 years on here and making similar posts along the way, then ALL of the sudden You complain and a mod comes on here and suggests that I DO NOT use CAPS ALL of the time?!

It should be really simple. We have rights to read and participate in a thread or not. If it bothers you, go elsewhere.No one else has complained.

You must have some pull. Maybe your in line to be a mod when the next one retires.

nbp

Flashaholic

Incorrect. I have no relationship with seery whatsoever.

I have never liked it when people do it, and on nearly every forum people will say the same thing: "Stop shouting at us."

Since it was brought up, and you hassled seery about it, I commented on it. I think you will find most people agree. Write however you want; but don't take offense if people don't want to read it.

nbp out.

Capolini

Banned

Incorrect. I have no relationship with seery whatsoever.

I have never liked it when people do it, and on nearly every forum people will say the same thing: "Stop shouting at us."

Since it was brought up, and you hassled seery about it, I commented on it. I think you will find most people agree. Write however you want; but don't take offense if people don't want to read it.

nbp out.

Ok,,,,,,,,,compromise and "Mod"eration is the best!

I will still be the same Bold and Colorful Capolini!
:cool:

I have to get back to my historical and ground breaking research.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic

To be fair, I do enjoy the content of your posts and your sense of humor though. ;)

Capolini

Banned

SLOT COMPARISON ANALYSIS-DISCHARGE/CAPACITY RESULTS
Device: Opus BT-C3100 2.2

Battery:LGHG2 18650 3000mAh

Purchased:January 5,2016

Discharged @ 1amp

Cycles:63

Slot #1-2952mAh-2h58m
Slot #2-3008mAh-3h2m
Slot #3-2923mAh-2h57m
Slot #4-2998mAh-3h1m

Largest margin between slots: 85mAh-slots #2 and #3.
Four slot average:2970mAh
Average test time:3h0m

LGS1.jpg

LGHG2.jpg

LGS3_NCRS1.jpg

NCR2_HG4.jpg

I hope someone got something out of this. I know I enjoyed this simple test! :D

Last edited:

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast

To be fair, I do enjoy the content of your posts and your sense of humor though. ;)
+1 capo does have great input and sense of humor. nbp you do a great fair job also. Love your input in the adventure posts.

Capolini

Banned

+1 capo does have great input and sense of humor. nbp you do a great fair job also. Love your input in the adventure posts.

Thanks,more importantly what do you think about the thread,,,,,,,it is time to get back on topic! ;)

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks,more importantly what do you think about the thread,,,,,,,it is time to get back on topic! ;)

NOOOOOOOOOOOO...

I'm giving my Opus a workout, since I cracked open another Sony VAIO pack Saturday night. All eight Sony 18650s are dated June 2002, as per the Battery Bros' tool. All were either 3.75v, or 3.76v and I managed not to shock myself opening this pack up!

Their voltages sag quickly at around the 3.30v mark under a 1A discharge, but there's some life left in them at 1A and 500mA drains, so I'll keep them.

Would never know without an analyzing charger like the Opus.

Chris

Capolini

Banned

^^^^^

Cool! Sounds like fun. I like doing these simple tests and I believe what I heard that the Opus is ~ 5 to 10 ~ off. Although I have tested a few batteries that were close to specs.

Tomorrow I will finish my NCR Slot comparison!

Did you ever test One battery in ALL Four slots to compare consistencies? 85mAh between lowest and highest! It was a Good idea by Gauss163!!

Slot #1-2952mAh-2h58m
Slot #2-3008mAh-3h2m
Slot #3-2923mAh-2h57m
Slot #4-2998mAh-3h1m

Largest margin between slots: 85mAh-slots #2 and #3.
Four slot average:2970mAh
Average test time:3h0m

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've had an opus for quite a while now and absolutely love it . I've been looking at the fenix now for backing up my charge.

pic upload

Capolini

Banned

^^^

Do you know how to read the code on your NCR'S?

6901= 6=2016,9=September,01= the day.end product,,,,,9.1.2016

I would not get the Fenix ARE-C2+!! Just my opinion which I explained in another thread.

Unfortunately they[Fenix Outfitters] only have a few, [if that] original ARE-C2 left. They sent me[discounted] one of the last ones when I traded it in for the new + version!

Now I have 3 of them. It charges faster than any charger I have and always gives a FULL charge! It charged a 26650 faster than my efest LUC v4 did on the 2a setting!Most if not all of the newer chargers voltage meters are 0.03 to 0.05v off.

My opus...all 4 channels read 4.20 and my DMM measure them @ 4.15v.A few newer batteries came out @ 4.16v when the meter read 4.21v.

It is my pet peeve and irritates me when they come out lower,,,because they are still going to settle several hundredths of a volt after that! :shakehead

bella-headlight

Newly Enlightened

With my 3 x Lii-500"s cells checked the second they come off the charger show 4.21 then settle to 4.20v
My Xtar S2 Rocket also shows cells immediately after charge at 4.21 then settling to 4.20v, this charger can charge at 2A unlike the Lii-500 which can charge all 4 bays at 1A.
My Lii-100"s (6 of them) & Lii-202"s (2 of) charge the same as above.
That is all with good new"ish cells, old laptop pulls tend to settle to 4.17v-4.18v on the above chargers, obviously depending on how healthy the cell is.
All my other chargers, an Opus 3100, 2 x D4"s, 2 x I4"s, 2 x C4"s all show "good" cells at 4.15v to 4.17 immediately off the charger then the cells settle at between 4.14v & 4.16v.
I like my cells "fully" charged so use my Liitokala"s & Rocket exclusively nowadays & the other chargers are resigned to a drawer.

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned

SLOT COMPARISON ANALYSIS

Device:Opus BT-C3100 2.2

Battery:NCR18650B BT Unprotected 3400mAh

Purchased: January 30th,2016

Discharge rate:1Amp

Cycles: 7

Just so there is no confusion! The same battery was tested in all Four slots to see what the consistency was from slot to slot.

Slot #1-3446mAh-3h28m
Slot #2-3314mAh-3h21m
Slot #3-3399mah-3h25m
Slot #4-3483mAh-3h30m

Largest Differential-169mAh-[slots 2 and 4]
Four slot median-3385mAh
Average test duration-3h26m

**** If my math is right that is a 4.9% differential in capacity between the lowest[3314mAh] reading in slot #2 and the highest[3483mAh] reading in slot #4, which is 169mAh!

Slot #1

LGS3_NCRS1.jpg

SLOT #2

NCR2_HG4.jpg

Slot#3
ncr33.jpg

​Slot#4
NCR4.jpg

I noticed that the slot readings were NOT consistent from battery to battery. In other words, slot #2 read the highest for the LGHG2 test and slot #4 read the highest with the NCR test. The lowest slot readings for each test also did not correlate.