Orbtronic Update on batteries

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
15 watt Goal Zero. I forgot the 12Volt DC female adaptor at the mountain place so used the Xtar VC2 and connected with the USB- only .25Amp to each cell but works OK with bright sun, no obstructions. The Xtar VP2 is much better going with 12 Volts.

For those with bored SureFire and Oveready bodies:

The 18650 unprotected 3500mAh Panasonic-Sanyo fits beautifully in my two Oveready TL-50 slim bodies and two Oveready Z2 bodies. The protected 3500mAh will fit tightly in the Z2's but too tight for me in the slim bodies. I removed the Orbtronic label so that it fits acceptably in the Z2, but the slim bodies would still have to have their heads removed to get the battery out; not really practical.

Curiously, the 'Oveready Defense Light' comes with an adapter/inner sleeve to use 18650 batteries in the 26650 body. Because there are two slots machined into the adapter, the protected 3500 works fine, if you twist the cell to orient the conducting strip on the side of the cell to fit in one of the grooves. (Hopefully I used the proper words to describe this)

Last edited:

SkinnyCow

Newly Enlightened
I didn't see any code there. The Illumination code didn't work for illumn.com