OSTS TN31mb Monster Thrower

Nicolas

Newly Enlightened
anyone know the shipping times n the TN31mb? I am moving in 8 days and if I order now it will be here but if it ships couple days late I won't get it in time.

I got my shipping notice on 07 Feb and received my light two days later on 09 Feb. I am in the upper midwest. So pretty quick shipping. When I ordered mine on 29 Dec 2012 they were still being built, not in stock yet.

Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Word of warning regarding the strap that comes with Saab's light. I had the two cord tension adjusters set for my wrist. Last night while using the light, I had to use my hand, so simply let it drop, hanging in air on my wrist. Suddenly, the light crashed down onto cement. The locking "carabiner" type loop that clips onto the light was still attached. The small round swivel holder ring (attached to the cord) cracked, opening up the hole so the peg dropped out.

Other than the cosmetic damage to the bezel and side of head, I see no other significant damage to the lens, reflector, or performance. There may have been a minor change of alignment, but that may be my imagination on a whitewall.

I would recommend that everyone toss these straps away, and get a better quality one. For most of my medium to heavy handheld lights, I like to use the stronger Sony imprinted straps like this one.

GulfCoastToad

Newly Enlightened
I never saw beamshots of this light that were any good (if you have, please point me to them), so I will be uploading some of my own here shortly. We will primarily be using the light to spot and shoot wild game at night.

a5uzapun.jpg

ymevemar.jpg

5y5a7apy.jpg

utugu3y8.jpg

8u3u8uda.jpg

a5ypeget.jpg

rehe4ape.jpg

uvuqe9u2.jpg

Last edited:

jaykay

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I like what im seeing. I hunt a lot with dogs at night and currently I use a lightforce blitz (with a ton weight battery). I could buy a L-ion battery but id prefer to spend my money on a new toy instead. Would the OSTS TN31mb suit my application? I need a good beam which I see this definitely has but I also need spill to put a bit of perspective on things for the dog. Would also use it as a spotting lamp when im out with the rifle on my own.

GulfCoastToad

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I like what im seeing. I hunt a lot with dogs at night and currently I use a lightforce blitz (with a ton weight battery). I could buy a L-ion battery but id prefer to spend my money on a new toy instead. Would the OSTS TN31mb suit my application? I need a good beam which I see this definitely has but I also need spill to put a bit of perspective on things for the dog. Would also use it as a spotting lamp when im out with the rifle on my own.

I bought it for hunting. I think the application is perfect. Tried to send you a PM. I am in to night vision now, so my TN31mb is for sale.

Send me an email if you're interested. Gulfcoasttoad [at] icloud [d0t] com

houser23

Enlightened
Lol, buy a v54 from vinh more k and about 500 more lumen and 100 buck less:crackup:

Fanboi; Deliberate mispelling of the word 'fanboy' typically referring to an annoying, immature fan of a specific video game console.

fanbois typically spend most of their free time telling anyone who will listen how perfect thier console of choice is, and how inferior all other products are. fanbois will not stop annoying other people until everyone they know is converted to their way of thinking.

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol, buy a v54 from vinh more k and about 500 more lumen and 100 buck less:crackup:

I'm just speechless at the level of insensitivity you displayed here. An absolutely inappropriate way to recommend another light and in an even more inappropriate location. Shame on you.

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are right my apologies

I appreciate that, as an owner of lights from both modders. I understand the differences and to a lot of people there isn't much difference that makes it with paying the premium. But for those that are having someone like Michael is great. If someone has looking for a quick purchase of some serious increases in lumens or lux then the V54 lights may be better.

Now onward with the sharing of lumens all around!

Michael3211

Newly Enlightened
Wow the light looks like a beast I was looking to get a TK70 or TK75 but I might have to get this one I need a thrower and this looks amazing