• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Oveready Spares Cases (optics, orings, etc)

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Moddoolar Triple Wasp Cooling Head and Glow System

Can we get the lenses?

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast

They are in the moddoolar parts section

I'm looking, but those 3 do not seem to be the same from what I can tell. They are different names than the frosted medium and frosted wide in the Moddoolar section.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
I'm looking, but those 3 do not seem to be the same from what I can tell. They are different names than the frosted medium and frosted wide in the Moddoolar section.
The optic menus are the same constructive elements, added to all light/head/option pages.
Please let me know if you don't see this in both places:

1. Narrow Clear (max throw)
  2. Medium Frost (clean throw)
  3. Wide Frost (even flood)

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic

Dan sent me a couple of the new optics so I've been able to play around with the new optics a little bit over the past week or two. I can easily say they each produce a distinctly different beam pattern and I appreciate having these options when configuring a flashlight. I think this selection of optics will make a bunch of us pretty happy!

.... All versions of the Carclo optic are readily available and very cheap so it wouldn't break anybodies bank to purchase a few different ones and try them out. I've even considered messing with some of the elliptical to see what they do to the beam.

So what we need is white wall shots to show artifacts.

I am not a professional photographer, and I think these might be my first ever attempt at posting beamshots.

So, with that disclaimer, I think the following does provide a rough approximation of what I see ...

pQDlKVn.jpg

Frosted wide
Visually, this looks almost identical to the mule effect with no optic. The camera, however, does pick up an almost imperceptible central hotspot.

ZlHrUR8.jpg

Clear elliptical
Very interesting beam shape, apparently designed for bicycle lights.

4WrdQUD.jpg

Clear narrow
Classic central hotspot, with tight surrounding spill. On this image, the camera seems to accentuate the "edge" between the hotspot and spill, much moreso than its visual appearance.

All of the above are from a Tana XP-E (red) triple.

Last edited:

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
The optic menus are the same constructive elements, added to all light/head/option pages.
Please let me know if you don't see this in both places:

1. Narrow Clear (max throw)
  2. Medium Frost (clean throw)
  3. Wide Frost (even flood)

Just wanted to see if I can order the optics now for the current head I own. Seems like it is not possible, but would love to do so. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just wanted to see if I can order the optics now for the current head I own. Seems like it is not possible, but would love to do so. Thanks!
seems like you can. click on the "moddoolar parts" in the moddoolar section. its got bezel rings, lenses, tail clips and optics.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Moddoolar Triple Wasp Cooling Head and Glow System

I am not a professional photographer, and I think these might be my first ever attempt at posting beamshots.

So, with that disclaimer, I think the following does provide a rough approximation of what I see ...
Looks good to me, and something about the red makes the details standout. Nice presentation, just need to get you a medium to add to the list!

Sorry for the confusion. We have dozens of each ready to ship:

1) visit this page (http://www.oveready.com/prod_289.html)
2) scroll down to the options section
3) click on the optic menu
4) choose the optics you would like

Btw, there seems to be interest in ordering full sets. So I may locate a single carrying case with 4 to 6 slots. Keep things organized!

archimedes

Flashaholic

Looks good to me, and something about the red makes the details standout. Nice presentation, just need to get you a medium to add to the list!

Thank you very much. That is why I chose the red :)

Btw, there seems to be interest in ordering full sets. So I may locate a single carrying case with 4 to 6 slots. Keep things organized!

I would be interested in a custom Carclo optic storage case, too !

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast

The storage case is a great idea. Eureka Arch! Aaa..and here comes the banana:hitit:

Last edited:

Dead Reckoning

Newly Enlightened

Dan,

I have a Wasp head from a drop you had earlier in July. The optic I chose was the UCL(Ultra Clear Optic) Is this actually different from the above, "Narrow clear"? I would like a bit more throw.
Also, how hard is it to remove the current bezel to replace the optic?

Thanks

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry for the confusion. We have dozens of each ready to ship:

1) visit this page (http://www.oveready.com/prod_289.html)
2) scroll down to the options section
3) click on the optic menu
4) choose the optics you would like

Thanks! Was wondering as well if the original is same as the narrow clear listed. Didn't want to duplicate what I already have.

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dan,

I have a Wasp head from a drop you had earlier in July. The optic I chose was the UCL(Ultra Clear Optic) Is this actually different from the above, "Narrow clear"? I would like a bit more throw.
Also, how hard is it to remove the current bezel to replace the optic?

Thanks

If you have a Wasp from an earlier run, then it likely has the "narrow clear" optic. UCL refers to the lens (ultra clear lens) which fits between the outer face of the optic and the inside of the bezel.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Jim's correct. Until yesterday, 100% of v2, v3, v4, and v5 triples shipped clear narrow. 'lens' is really just an old name for a protective window that sits above the optic. It will not change focus unless it was of the frosted variety.

So you most likely have a clear/narrow + clear, the maximum possible throw with an XPL setup. We are considering introducing a new smaller LED that would throw much better, but like the 219 would have less max watts.

BTW, optic swapping is limited to controlled architecture setups. This means drop ins are not eligible and will be configured when Tom finishes them. That means drop ins can be either multiple LED or multiple optics, we can't risk doing all combinations of both (12+ models).

Last edited:

rwaddi

Newly Enlightened

So does that mean we shouldn't do DIY optic swaps? I'd better cancel the multiple optics I've just ordered then...

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast

So does that mean we shouldn't do DIY optic swaps? I'd better cancel the multiple optics I've just ordered then...

I think if you're swapping optics in a triple Wasp head, you're good to go. The optics weren't really made to be removed with any of the other triples.

plaguem

Enlightened

I think Dan means that when the v5s are available in the P60 drop in format, the optics will be permanently installed inside and non-user swappable. They won't be making P60s in sets of narrow, wide, medium optics cos they may not all sell. If you ordered the WASP heads, then you can easily swap them. You almost most likely won't be able to swap optics with the E2E copper either.

Dead Reckoning

Newly Enlightened

Jim's correct. Until yesterday, 100% of v2, v3, v4, and v5 triples shipped clear narrow. The 'lens' is really just an old name for a protective window that sits above the lens. It will not change focus unless it was of the frosted variety.

So you most likely have a clear/narrow + clear, the maximum possible throw with an XPL setup. We are considering introducing a new smaller LED that would throw much better, but like the 219 would have less max watts.

BTW, optic swapping is limited to controlled architecture setups. This means drop ins are not eligible and will be configured when Tom finishes them. That means drop ins can be either multiple LED or multiple optics, we can't risk doing all combinations of both (12+ models).

Thats good to know, Dan. Thank you!

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Moddoolar Triple Wasp Cooling Head and Glow System

I think Dan means that when the v5s are available in the P60 drop in format, the optics will be permanently installed inside and non-user swappable. They won't be making P60s in sets of narrow, wide, medium optics cos they may not all sell. If you ordered the WASP heads, then you can easily swap them.
You almost most likely won't be able to swap optics with the E2E copper either.
Exactly correct. Sorry for the confusion.

Trying to squeeze to much info into a single thread!

Rule: if its available on the models page, it works with the model.

Sub rule: if that page has compound options, they can be changed out later

Last edited: