Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2021

MaestroDaVinci

Newly Enlightened
So yesterday i bought myself a 2 battery package of the new Eneloop 5th generation AAA batteries , from my local Praktiker, and everything looks great and they are as shown in the video new capacity and a new packaging. Now i want to point out to something that i noticed on the batteries itself, as we know for now the 5th generation is only available in Europe, but on the batteries itself also says the following "Not intended for sale outside of Europe, CIS, Turkey" and on the video that @ChibiM did for the new generation batteries the batteries in the clip seems to have the same thing.

NiOOH

Enlightened
Just some test results on the newest generation of Eneloops (BK-3MCDE).
1. Out of the box discharge capacity (approx a year after DOP). Discahrge at C/5 (400 mA):
1353 mAh
1368 mAh
1358 mAh
1347 mAh
That's less than 70 %. Perhaps the batteries weren't fully charged at the factory.

2. After a 14-hours charge at C/10 (200 mA), and discharge at C/5:
2034 mAh
2027 mAh
2014 mAh
2002 mAh
So, they live up to the promised 2 Ah minimum capacity.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Wondering *WHEN* these new Eneloops
(BK-3MCDE)
will be available in USA ?

:confused:
_

NiOOH

Enlightened
(BK-3MCDE)

_
What Eneloops are available in the US right now? I doubt that Panasonic will keep two different generations in production for different markets, i.e. sooner or a later they should come to the US market. They have been available in Europe for at least 6 months now.

Burgess

Flashaholic
200.gif

quahog

Newly Enlightened
They are never fully charged from the factory. They are charged to a good storage level.
I think you're confusing Li-ion vs NiMH (eneloop). Eneloop's should be fully charged from the factory.

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
After so many years, finally a new Eneloop battery.

Besides a new kinds of packaging for the Eneloop Lite and Eneloop PRO, the 5th generation standard Eneloop White has just launched in Europe.

Thanks goes to one of our readers, Daniel.

Minimum 2,000mAh, but same cycle life

View attachment 28383 View attachment 28384

as we know for now the 5th generation is only available in Europe, but on the batteries itself also says the following "Not intended for sale outside of Europe, CIS, Turkey"

Just some test results on the newest generation of Eneloops (BK-3MCDE).
1. Out of the box discharge capacity (approx a year after DOP). Discahrge at C/5 (400 mA):
1353 mAh
1368 mAh
1358 mAh
1347 mAh
That's less than 70 %. Perhaps the batteries weren't fully charged at the factory.

2. After a 14-hours charge at C/10 (200 mA), and discharge at C/5:
2034 mAh
2027 mAh
2014 mAh
2002 mAh
So, they live up to the promised 2 Ah minimum capacity.

(BK-3MCDE)

_

Cool.. they are one of the best rechargeable batteries, so I'm not surprised :D Good stuff
Hey, @ChibiM, noticed you have 5th gen (BK-3MCDE) listed now on your site. Have you seen any indication anywhere, any hints, when the 2000mAh AA cells might be available in the US? It would really help with planning. I see they're available from eBay sellers for a large markup, and inscrutably labeled "6th gen."

Last edited:

GaryF

Enlightened
Sharing my Eneloop collection. I tried to pull back 2-4 of each type to take this picture. You see 26, but I have another ~50 or so currently in devices. All of these get used. I'm not really a collector, but I have made an effort to find different colors when I have needed to order. I've also got about 16 AAA's, but they aren't as interesting to look at.

The oldest are from 2006 manufacture, and they test out to a little under 1400 mAh, so they have lost some capacity, but they are still maintaining their LSD properties well. I had one fail after physical damage…. I thought I had retired 2, but I found 11 of my 12 originals, so I must have killed one of the newer ones instead. I've also got 4 2006 AAA's still going strong… I managed to kill 4 of those in a device that had a parasitic drain that caused them to be completely discharged for some long periods of time.

Sanyo
2006 - White
2008 - Duraloop
2009 - White
2010 - Tones Glitter
2012 - Blue Costco
2013 - Black XX

Panasonic
2017 - Red / Orange
2018 - White (not shown)

Attachments

• IMG_1589.jpeg
    IMG_1589.jpeg
    585.4 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

MaestroDaVinci

Newly Enlightened
So yesterday i had to go my local Technopolis, its a appliance big store (i don't know how to say otherwise), and i was buying a device that required ААА batteries, because of that i bough of course Eneloop, but to my surprise there was a new packaging for them. So as i was buying them i didn't really check to see if they are made in Japan, but they are, however on previous packaging there is a date of manufacturing while here there isn't. I took photos and here is the new packaging.

Attachments

• Eneloop New Packaging (1).jpg
    Eneloop New Packaging (1).jpg
    737.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Eneloop New Packaging (2).jpg
    Eneloop New Packaging (2).jpg
    711.7 KB · Views: 35

Burgess

Flashaholic
STILL waiting for the "NEW" generation
of Eneloops to arrive in the U.S.A.
:popcorn:

MaestroDaVinci

Newly Enlightened
That is something that personally i didn't know also i don't think they look strange, but it was just something i didn't get to see that much since i don't follow the packaging that close and i didn't know the different versions.