Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2021

coffeecup66

Enlightened
Re: Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2020

Need more eneloops...safe to order from amazon?

Hi mtr,

What's your definition of "safe" ? About what exactly would you like to be reassured ? The quality of the products sent ? ... shipping gone wrong ? ... ?

Cheers.

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2019

I don't recall ever seeing Pro's in 2-packs

Incidentally, other than a couple of very specific cases with a need for the "Pro" , I have almost entirely moved back to the "standard" eneloops.

Late reply, but I remember when the Duracell Ion Cores came out that everyone suspected they were rebranded Eneloop XX. Is that still the case? I haven't needed to buy any in quite some time, and I've started buying the IKEA Laddas because they're about half the price (and I really don't need the extra capacity)

Scout1

Newly Enlightened

I got some Eneloops from Amazon not too long ago and they have been fine. I had no issues with Amazon or with the batteries.

Thank you, I just ordered some and am a little less worried!

ChibiM

Enlightened

New Low
There are some new fakes on Aliexpress. I mean.. horribly fake

122998304_1306795669686999_2931480312052854256_n.jpg

What's wrong with white Eneloop Pros?
lol

Announcement
My new Japanese Eneloop website is now online.
In case you are Japanese or living in Japan. https://chibim.com/
It's not finished yet, but will work on it and hopefully will be ready by next year Q1-Q2

ChibiM

Enlightened

ChibiM is this info up to date: https://eneloop101.com/where-to-buy/?
Hmm. good question. I removed the Japanese part, as well as updated some of the links, so yes, it should be up to date. Except for maybe the Costo part. Some people say they don't sell them anymore, but that happened a couple of times in the past few years, and then came back. Wo I've been thinking about removing it.
Do you have any other recommendations?

kilogulf59

Enlightened

All I know is what I learned here, from you and other knowledgeable folks who're kind enough to share your information. I don't believe Battery Junction was mentioned?

ChibiM

Enlightened

All I know is what I learned here, from you and other knowledgeable folks who're kind enough to share your information. I don't believe Battery Junction was mentioned?
Thanks. Good one.
I will add Battery Junction since I've seen them mentioned on CPF quite a few times. And I removed 1 store, since they stopped selling them.
I just want to give 2-3 trustworthy sources per country instead of all stores under the moon :D

nbp

Flashaholic

Thanks very much for your site, I did some reading there recently also as I needed to replace some of my old Eneloops. I did just order some Pros from Battery Junction also. (Trying to support some small businesses Instead of the Big River Site in these tough times.)

ChibiM

Enlightened

Thanks very much for your site, I did some reading there recently also as I needed to replace some of my old Eneloops. I did just order some Pros from Battery Junction also. (Trying to support some small businesses Instead of the Big River Site in these tough times.)

Just added Battery Junction to the list!

Wangstang

Newly Enlightened

Looking at rechargeable AA and AAA battery options, with an interest in japan manufactured cells. The reviews on amazon.com would leave a reader to believe that some of the amazon basic branded rechargeable batteries are, or were, manufactured in the japan and were rebranded eneloops.

It appears that maybe some or maybe all of those have now been moved to china for production, but that's also unclear from the reviews. Any chance you have some historical insight and currently available product knowledge for the products coming from the amazon basic branded line?

ChibiM

Enlightened
Looking at rechargeable AA and AAA battery options, with an interest in japan manufactured cells. The reviews on amazon.com would leave a reader to believe that some of the amazon basic branded rechargeable batteries are, or were, manufactured in the japan and were rebranded eneloops.

It appears that maybe some or maybe all of those have now been moved to china for production, but that's also unclear from the reviews. Any chance you have some historical insight and currently available product knowledge for the products coming from the amazon basic branded line?

Hi, unfortunately I don't know about the historic details of Amazon branded Eneloops.

Last edited by a moderator:

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2020

What was going on with your eneloops that you had to replace them? Did you try to "refresh" them? I just purchased a powerex charger to make refreshing them easier. What did you do with the old ones (I'd like to experiment if i could get them from you)

VDR

Newly Enlightened
Hello all, hello ChibiM and thanks for creating and maintainting this thread! :)

I'm a long time Eneloop user that has just joined the forum! I use a Nitecore SC4 to charge all my eneloops and so far it has served me well.
It's nice to see you have all the codes documented, I'm gonna have a great time checking my batteries to see what generation is each.
Cheers!

Last edited:

Padgriffin

Newly Enlightened
Picked up a pack of the rewrapped LADDA 2450s (gray) today at IKEA and found that they're still made in Japan! The only change seems to be that there's now a game controller graphic on the wrapper.

KdigCrq.jpg

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
All I know is that I recently dug up some of my near 5 year old Pros and the infamous "might be rewrapped" Duracell 2000mah and 2450mah cells along with actual Pros and they ALL still charged all the way with no problem at all. These things hold their charge for freaking ever. You really cannot go wrong with MIJ Eneloops and their rewraps for AA.

mactavish

Newly Enlightened
All my "Pro" higher capacity black wrap Eneloops have not faired as well as the standard 2000mAh white ones. But I've heard this before.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
I could be wrong but among the many Eneloop reviews here state that the Pro's are designed to be able to give a bit more power as well as the Pro's 2450mah capacity vs. the standard 2000mah. They self discharge at a higher rate as well from what I have read here. Just pulled out another set of 4 Duracell 2000mah suspected rewraps. These Duracells are white at the positive end so I have read. These things have not seen a charger in 7 years I believe. They are currently charging back up on my 8 cell NC charger just fine. Amazing stuff. I am sure somebody will come along and add their 2 cents.