Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2021

nimanchev

Newly Enlightened
Re: Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2013

Thank you for this well-informing thread! I am a fresh newbie, I have the Maha C-9000 charger, and I wonder about those Tropical Eneloops - I have found them at a great price at nkon.nl, and I will use them solely for a high-drain bike light, the Sigma Powerled Black.I read that Eneloop has higher voltage than the other LSD, so I might as well get some Sanyo XX ( and even Camelion 2500 from China, via eBay) , and check the runtime? I love those tropical tones, but how are the batteries performance-wise? I do not mind the price difference - come on, I can easily skip a couple of sandwiches.

samgab

Flashlight Enthusiast

...I love those tropical tones, but how are the batteries performance-wise?...

Their performance is identical to the standard white eneloops (i.e. excellent). They're just in different coloured wrappers.

Petir

Newly Enlightened

On ebay, Eneloop XX AAA 3rd generation costs about $6 more than the 2nd generation. Both has the same specs.
Is the battery 'age' something that need to be considered?

Bearmann

Newly Enlightened

I wanted to note that I just received some Eneloop Pro AA batteries in the black Sanyo packaging (500X) from GearShop, a subsidary of Amazon. They are marked HR-3UWXA with date code of 13-09 EY. The package says they retain 75% charge after one year and are rated 2500 mAh. The imprint on the batteries notes 2400 mAh.

ChibiM

Enlightened

Thanks for sharing.. You`ve got 1st gen (even though it has the additional A at the end as in HR-3UWXA) which are good batteries!
Sometimes the HR-3UWXA are called 2nd gen. but they have never been sold in Japan.
So we can start calling them the 2nd gen... so it compares with the same generations in the standard eneloop, 1-2-3 and then 4.
Maybe I should update the tables then... so they can be seen as 2nd gen.

Bearmann

Newly Enlightened

Really? I susupected that I received a later generation in the wrong wrappers as in post #52 since the manufacturing date was in Sept 2013. Maybe we need to call the manufacturer again for some clarification.

ChibiM

Enlightened

Yes, you could call them and ask for clarification.
would be nice to know what they have to say.

__philippe

Enlightened

Hi bodhram,

Welcome on board !

You do not seem to have an active private mailbox currently.
Meanwhile, just google for nkon.nl....;)

Cheers,

__philippe

bodhram

Newly Enlightened

Hi bodhram,

Welcome on board !

You do not seem to have an active private mailbox currently.
Meanwhile, just google for nkon.nl....;)

Cheers,

__philippe

Hi Phillipe,

Thanks for the info and the warm welcome.

Hope I get the PM box unlocked soon.

Cheers!

bobrip

Newly Enlightened

I recently bought some Eneloop XX cells. I found that they will run my Quark Pro QP2A-X Four Sevens light for one hour and 50 minutes on the highest setting. The older Eneloops would only run for 50 minutes. On the next level down it will run for 4.5 hours on the XX. I did not test the old Eneloops on this, but it is rated by Four Sevens at 2.5 hours. Obviously I am very pleased with this improvement.

nimanchev

Newly Enlightened

That is good to know! The old eneloops were a huge disappointment to me.They scored from 1926 to 1976 mAH, but my bike light did not like them.I was able to get only 8 hours and 30 minutes on the lowest setting, while the cheapest Kaufland-branded alkalines gave me 14 hours! On the middle setting, Eneloops gave me 3 hours and 20 minutes, while the same alkalines gave me 5 hours and 20 minutes, and where brighter too.I can honestly say that Eneloops are overrated, and the alkalines did wipe the floor with them.I have purchased other LSD batteries - Btone 2500, Uniross 2400, and of course, Eneloop XX, and will share my impressions in 10 days or so, after they arrive from The Netherlands.Damn, it takes so long that I wonder if I have ordered them from the Netherrealms, lol !

ChibiM

Enlightened

Yeah, eneloops are the best! hahaha :)

1926 and 1976 are not bad numbers at all! and your observation is interesting, but doesn`t say too much negative about the eneloops, because of the type of flashlight you used.. in some applications they aren`t the best concerning the longest runtime, but at the end of the day, you can recharge them again, and not have to keep buying new alkalines and throw the used ones out.

caddylover

Flashlight Enthusiast

i was at Costco yesterday and they had 8 AA Eneloops and 4 AAA with a charger for $24.99. They were blue and claim a shelf life of 70% at 5 years.

mojo-chan

Newly Enlightened

That is good to know! The old eneloops were a huge disappointment to me.They scored from 1926 to 1976 mAH, but my bike light did not like them.I was able to get only 8 hours and 30 minutes on the lowest setting, while the cheapest Kaufland-branded alkalines gave me 14 hours! On the middle setting, Eneloops gave me 3 hours and 20 minutes, while the same alkalines gave me 5 hours and 20 minutes, and where brighter too.

It's because your bike light is designed for alkaline cells with a higher voltage. If it were designed for NiMH it would be fine with Eneloops. The cut-off voltage is too high, you were probably not draining the Eneloops completely. It's probably an easy fix you can solder.

nimanchev

Newly Enlightened

Thank you ! The tech support has told me the same - it was designed for the alkalines.The light failed to recognize brand-new Sunmol AnyEnow and Varta Ready 2 use LSD batteries, so I have asked them to send me a new cartridge, and guess what - the batteries worked in the new cartridge.
How do I know if the NI-MH batteries are not drained completely ? I will put the light on and when it stops, I can put them in my C-9000 charger for a test.What program should I choose? Maybe Discharge, but at what rate? Maybe 100ma?