P20A2 R5 First Impressions

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Easy to change settings. Sturdy build. Good color, a little bit of ring artifact as expected. Haven't figured out how to install the lanyard ring and keep the light working but just got it. Eveyone at work can verify the strobe is blinding.

My attempt at a glamour shot
P20A2%20R50001.jpg

P20A2%20R50002.jpg

P20A2%20R50006.jpg

Last edited:

harddrive

Enlightened
Looks good. The tailcap attachment for tail standing is a clever idea.

Have you got the smooth or OP reflector? I'm going to get the P20C2 but am having trouble deciding wich way to go. SMO will obvious give a bit extra throw but I'm a little concerned about the reported donut holes others have experienced.

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
That beamshot looks like coming from a smooth reflector. Unless you're doing something seriously wrong, there shouldn't be any donut holes when using a single die emitter, like this XP-G. Smooth reflectors can project some rings around the spot beam though. These rings get washed away when using orange peel reflectors.

harddrive

Enlightened
That beamshot looks like coming from a smooth reflector. Unless you're doing something seriously wrong, there shouldn't be any donut holes when using a single die emitter, like this XP-G. Smooth reflectors can project some rings around the spot beam though. These rings get washed away when using orange peel reflectors.

Thats what I thought too until I saw the photos in this thread: http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=262437

There have been a few other comments about dark areas in the center of the hot spot on these new Eagletacs.

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
There is a hot spot then 2 rings followed by spill. There are no holes in the rings. I have the smooth reflector.

The rubberized tailcap comes with the light but it's in a bag. I can't imagine why you wouldn't use it. Easily pops on the end.

There is only one thing I would change with the light. I would like all three power levels to be accessed by just loosing the head. I don't like having to tighten then loosen the head to access low power. Low power is what I use most around the house and is more than enough output for most task.