• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired P60 modules - warm, neutral, cool white/XPG-S2- XML-U2 / P60 modules (part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: P60 modules - warm, neutral, cool white/XPG- XML / SST-50 -90 P60 modules (part 9

Dave-

Paypal Sent for :

1 Cree XM-L P60 Drop-in
T50 Flux Bin 4300K
1 Level regulated - 2.8 Amp
Thermally potted
Smooth Reflector.

$45 Dollars sent via Paypal

:paypal:

(1) Cree XM-L
T60 flux bin 3C 5000k daylight white
3 level / 2.8 amp /3.4 - 9 volts (high / med / low with memory ) NEW!!! $45 Best used with 2X Li ion or 2X primaries
OP Reflector
Potting with copper tape $5

I've got an FM 2x26650 host that has been sitting with a cheese ball dropin, time for a proper light engine. I forgot to specify 2.8 amps in my PayPal notes, but I believe that is the only available amperage for this driver anyway so hopefully this is ok.

As usual Dave thanks for offering such a wide variety of great custom products and options!

Hi

Thanks gents they will ship Monday at the latest.

have a good weekend

Dave

jamesavery22

Newly Enlightened
Re: P60 modules - warm, neutral, cool white/XPG- XML / SST-50 -90 P60 modules (part 9

Hi

I would suggest only a single 18650, either Li ion or IMR should be fine. They will probably work with 2X primaries but you will be drawing more amps than suggested for primaries. A SST 50 is rated at 5 amps and will take all it can draw and I hate to go much past 2.8 amps or so for primaries.

2XLI Ions is definately a NO GO for direct drive, it would be very bright for about 3 seconds

Dave

Thank you Dave. I plan to primarily use 18650's. On the off chance I only had access to CR123's what would be the worst that would happen if I powered the drop-in by two CR123's? Kill the drop-in or kill the batteries? Both?

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thank you Dave. I plan to primarily use 18650's. On the off chance I only had access to CR123's what would be the worst that would happen if I powered the drop-in by two CR123's? Kill the drop-in or kill the batteries? Both?

HI

I doubt you would kill the module since if you see the beam bluing up you can turn it off. I have ran DD's on primaries for short periods before but occasionally you hear stories on batteries failing under high loads.

Dave

TheCleanerSD

Newly Enlightened

PayPal Sent (#01659938FM3511110)

Cree XM-L
T60 3C 5000K
2 Level High/Low Regulated (2.8-6V)
2.8 Amp
OP Reflector
Potted+Tape
$45

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Guys

Since the mail doesn't run Monday I went ahead and knocked out everyone's modules this morning.

All that have been ordered shipped today.

Have a good weekend

Dave

Cave_Dweller

Newly Enlightened
Hi Dave,

please could I order:

Cree XM-L drop-in for Solarforce L2
T40 flux Bin 5B3, 4000k
3 level regulated, hi/med/lo with memory
2.8 Amps
OP reflector
2.6 - 6 volts.

I make it $40 + $5 for intl. shipping to UK.

Many thanks!

azzid

Newly Enlightened
Hi Dave,

Payment sent for the following,

T40 flux bin 6A3 3500k Warm white
3 level Low / Med / High Regulated(2.8-6 volts only)
Smooth Reflector
Potted w/copper tape
SF c2 host

Please lower down the drive current to 2.1amps

First class Int. shipping

Total is $52.40(fee included)

Thanks,
Pee Wee

Last edited:

eg1977

Newly Enlightened

Which red LED (besides Cree XR-E) would offer the best throw?

azzid

Newly Enlightened

Hi Dave,

Forgot to ask, is the XM-L(T40 flux bin 6A3 3500k) 80cri?

Thanks,
Pee Wee

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Dave,

Forgot to ask, is the XM-L(T40 flux bin 6A3 3500k) 80cri?

Thanks,
Pee Wee

HI

It is a standard 35k emitter, while you may see the higher CRI listed on the cree binning chart many times the vendors do not carry them or only in full reels.

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Which red LED (besides Cree XR-E) would offer the best throw?

HI

Cree doesn't make a red XRE only blue / royal blue / green. They do carry it in XPE which is 130 degree's, I have a osram that is 80 degrees so would have the narrowest beam profile. While both are bright none of the reds are going to shine 200 yrds.

Dave

Midnight Run

Enlightened

Just got my module and threw it right into my Ti TnC host... 2x18650!
Lit up my whole backyard like it was high noon!

Thanks Dave ;).

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just got my module and threw it right into my Ti TnC host...
Lit up my whole backyard like it was high noon!

Thanks Dave ;).

Hi

your welcome and I am glad it arrived safely. It is very hard to beat these XML's for all round performance.

Dave

737mech

Enlightened

Hi Dave,
I am ready to order another drop in from you but I am out of practice on the new XML binning. I looked at the binning PDF on the Cree site you have linked in your first post but was having a hard time making sense of it. Hopefully you can help me out. I prefer a a light with more flood and will use it for inspecting 737's at night. Can you suggest a bin?

I want a XML drop in in Neutral but unsure what bin. (going in a FM SF clone 1x18650)
OP reflector
Potted
3 level / 2.8 amp /3.4 - 9 volts (high / med / low with memory )NEW!!! $45 Best used with 2X Li ion or 2X primaries

Thanks for any help. As soon as I figure out what exactly bin I need I will send payment.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Dave,
I am ready to order another drop in from you but I am out of practice on the new XML binning. I looked at the binning PDF on the Cree site you have linked in your first post but was having a hard time making sense of it. Hopefully you can help me out. I prefer a a light with more flood and will use it for inspecting 737's at night. Can you suggest a bin?

I want a XML drop in in Neutral but unsure what bin. (going in a FM SF clone 1x18650)
OP reflector
Potted
3 level / 2.8 amp /3.4 - 9 volts (high / med / low with memory )NEW!!! $45 Best used with 2X Li ion or 2X primaries

Thanks for any help. As soon as I figure out what exactly bin I need I will send payment.

Hi

if you want a neutral then the 4C should fit that need. If you are looking for a bit more flood than throw then choose Op reflector. The flux bins really don't have much to do with flood or throw as they are more the brightness of the led and certain tints are only available in certain flux's. All single emitter XML's have the same beam profile no matter what he flux bin.

The 4C is about 4300k which should serve your needs.

Dave

737mech

Enlightened

Hi

if you want a neutral then the 4C should fit that need. If you are looking for a bit more flood than throw then choose Op reflector. The flux bins really don't have much to do with flood or throw as they are more the brightness of the led and certain tints are only available in certain flux's. All single emitter XML's have the same beam profile no matter what he flux bin.

The 4C is about 4300k which should serve your needs.

Dave

I will take:
XML drop-in (going in a 1x18650 FM/WonderLite Host)
4C 4300k
OP reflector
potted

Can you PM me the total and your PP address?

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dave,

Wouldn't 737mech be better off with the 6 volt driver if he is only going to use one 18650?

+1 on the 4C, I love mine, not too warm, but much nicer color than a cool.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dave,

Wouldn't 737mech be better off with the 6 volt driver if he is only going to use one 18650?

+1 on the 4C, I love mine, not too warm, but much nicer color than a cool.

Hi

Yes he certainly would, I figured he must have a plan since he copied Best used with 2X Li ion or 2X primaries from the thread. I will check when I PM him.

Thanks for helping

Dave

737mech

Enlightened
Ok I will change to the 6 volt hi med low driver. Thanks for the help. I have been out of building lights for a while so my knowledge has slipped on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.