P60 sized led drop-ins (part 3)

Superdave

Enlightened
That's an insane difference there superdave. I understand the original p60L only claims 80 lumens though. Have you got any other dropins that you could comapare it to?

yes, got a few laying around. However, I measured both in my "integrating cylinder" (there is a thread out there somewhere on it). The P60L came in at 2170 lux (80lm) and the MC-E measured 18,100 which is roughly 670lm.

Running it on 2 123's is pushing it pretty hard, on a single protected 18650 i got 13,750 lux (509lm)

I'll snap another pic with a generic 800mA Q5 dropin tonight. :)

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
I LOVE donuts!!!

But HATE donut holes!!!

I have tweaked and tweaked to get good beams from my 3 P7 and one MC-E.

But these things DO put out LOTS of light!

Have your tweaks eliminated the donut holes with the MC-E? I've been thinking of picking up one of the DX MC-E lamp assemblies, but am holding back thinking I might get a donut hole with it and not knowing if that can be eliminated. How would you do that with the DX MC-E lamp assembly?

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
All my stuff has regular reflectors, not screw together modules.

But on a few of my Q5 or R2 modules "spacers" or o-rings effect beam changes and I should think similar actions would have results.

Or maybe use some loctite when you find nirvana....

Superdave

Enlightened
I was able to get rid of the donut hole with my old P7 dropin by unscrewing it out 1/2 turn.. but the MC-E is more stubborn. I bet a slight tweak of the reflector shape would fix it though..

johns

Newly Enlightened
Another noobie question then - if I want to use this with my Surefire C2 - which battery should I buy (which will fit into my C2 without boring it out)
in place of the 2 Rcr123s?
Thanks!!

Superdave

Enlightened

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Another noobie question then - if I want to use this with my Surefire C2 - which battery should I buy (which will fit into my C2 without boring it out)
in place of the 2 Rcr123s?
Thanks!!

The only cell that will fit the C2 is a 1x17670 cell. But thats a 3.7V setup, so you will need to pick a drop in module thats optimal for that Vin. Malkoff M30 would be my recommendation. The DX 11074 would be my recommendation if you are on a tight budget. selfbuilt compared the 11074 to some of the better 18650 lights and it goes toe to toe with them... here

c6hi18650je5.gif