Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Lighthound has a low voltage Solarforce XM-L drop-in, 1-mode

.. could be a good general use output

sollcxml.jpg

Last edited:

kojoti

Newly Enlightened
Just received 2 p60 dropins from dereelight, actually ordered one and a loose 3sm xm-l pill for my aspherical head, but they gave me a free OP p60 reflector to go with that, next to the smo 3sm xm-l p60 dropin. Never had contact with these guys and you find a nice note on second dropin saying "op reflector as gift". How cool is that! Both the OP and SMO look great, alltho it's still not quiet dark yet here. When it comes to lumens it looks close to, if not, brighter than the m91 and alot more throw with a nice tight hotspot. They are rated 3.4 - 9 V and drive at 2.5a

Ordered them directly from their website and they send it from Hong Kong. I ordered my dbs v3 xm-l awhile ago with them aswell, along with an asperical head without pill. Package arrived 2,5 weeks later in the Netherlands with everything there including with an aspherical head with their standard xr-e r2 pill inside :). Dereelight makes nice lights and their service is out of this world, the dropins wont disappoint you.

Last edited:

wellu

Newly Enlightened
I ordered my first P60 host in the form of L2X extended. What dropin do you recommend to use with 2x18650 to give maximum amount of light? I have some multimode lights already, for this I just want something with 1 mode -> full throttle. P7? SST-50? XM-L? This picture really opened my eyes. I want something like that. What should I get?

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered my first P60 host in the form of L2X extended. What dropin do you recommend to use with 2x18650 to give maximum amount of light? I have some multimode lights already, for this I just want something with 1 mode -> full throttle. P7? SST-50? XM-L? This picture really opened my eyes. I want something like that. What should I get?

+

For your 2x 18650 voltage,
a Dereelight 2.5Amp XM-L 1-mode pill & xr-e reflector from Jay at flashlightconnection

XM-L @ 2.5A is plenty bright

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you guys help me pick a dropin based on the following criteria:

Emitter: XP-G neutral white to pure white tint
Modes: 2 or 3, with memory. High at least 250 OTFL, low less than 20 lumens
Flat regulation for most of runtime with graceful low battery (ie blinking warning, switch to low or a taper, no sudden lights out).
Price: $40 USD or less
Optimized for single Li-ion use, don't want or need voltage input above 4.2V.

Would be nice but not essential:
Mode memory that "latches fast", ie good for forward clicky use if you know what I mean
LOP or SMO reflector, I'm willing to give up a perfect beam for a little more throw
Current regulated low rather than PWM, if PWM a high frequency.

Will be used in a C2 /McClicky on 17670 and 18650 once I have it bored out.

Last edited:

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you guys help me pick a dropin based on the following criteria:

Emitter: XP-G neutral white to pure white tint
Modes: 2 or 3, with memory. High at least 250 OTFL, low less than 20 lumens
Flat regulation for most of runtime with graceful low battery (ie blinking warning, switch to low or a taper, no sudden lights out).
Price: $40 USD or less
Optimized for single Li-ion use, don't want or need voltage input above 4.2V.

Would be nice but not essential:
Mode memory that "latches fast", ie good for forward clicky use if you know what I mean
LOP or SMO reflector, I'm willing to give up a perfect beam for a little more throw
Current regulated low rather than PWM, if PWM a high frequency.

Will be used in a C2 /McClicky on 17670 and 18650 once I have it bored out.

I'm not sure if you want a cool white or neutral white.

Maybe, You'll be able to find one here.

seattlite

Enlightened
Can someone suggest a drop-in that throws longer with more output than the Surefire TIR lights(E2DL, LX2, X-series, KX2C, etc). >=4.2V would be a plus.

I'm thinking the Neofab D1500. Maybe Triple Moddoo or Makoff with optic? How about the Solarforce drop-ins...their prices are really compelling. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Corvette6769

Newly Enlightened
Central Illinois USA, In a van down by the river
Can someone suggest a drop-in that throws longer with more output than the Surefire TIR lights(E2DL, LX2, X-series, KX2C, etc). >=4.2V would be a plus.

I'm thinking the Neofab D1500. Maybe Triple Moddoo or Makoff with optic? How about the Solarforce drop-ins...their prices are really compelling. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Right now, it seems that the hot ticket is http://www.manafont.com/product_inf...3mode-memory-led-dropin-module-42v-max-p-5178 Hard to beat a 3-mode P60 Drop-in containing Cree XM-L T6 LED with smooth reflector driven at 3.2A on high for $16.40 delivered. I love all five of mine.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
^^

That's a great deal,..really can't do wrong with that .
Smart they use SMO reflector,..finally people are getting it
icon3.gif

What was your total shipping time from order date?

pae77

Enlightened
Right now, it seems that the hot ticket is http://www.manafont.com/product_inf...3mode-memory-led-dropin-module-42v-max-p-5178 Hard to beat a 3-mode P60 Drop-in containing Cree XM-L T6 LED with smooth reflector driven at 3.2A on high for $16.40 delivered. I love all five of mine.
Based on your favorable review, I went ahead and ordered one of these. It will be nice to have a 3 mode XM-L and if by chance it turns out to have a little lower low and medium than the DX 5 mode XM-L that I'm using now, that will be a nice bonus, but I don't necessarily expect that.

Last edited:

balloonshark

Newly Enlightened
Please help with a low voltage drop-in for use in either a SolarForce L2R or L2i host.

I'm looking for something floody (XP-G or XM-L ?) with 5 modes and prefer something between cool while and natural. I'm hoping it will run on a single AA Eneloop, 2- AA Eneloops and 3- AAA Eneloops. If it can't run on a single AA then so be it. It would also be great if the drop-in could handle any other battery that fits in the 2 hosts I mentioned but that is probably asking a bit much. I would like to keep costs under $25.

Last edited:

Tuikku

Enlightened
Has anyone tried Solarforces XPG-R5, 3-mode with OP-reflector?

I could use a little bit more spill on my close range (at work) L2m, it now has R2...
I have R5 with SMO on my L2i, just wondering, if any of you have tested Solarforces new one...

recDNA

Flashaholic
I wish someone would invent and sell an infinite adjustment tailcap that can handle 4 amps!

GunnarGG

Enlightened

How is tint on this? I usually prefer neutral white but a cool white that is "pure white" and not to cool is ok.

I have this one from Lumens Factory:

http://www.lumensfactory.com/product_details.php?id=74&cid=2&sid=7&page=1

It is said to be less cool (5000-5500 K in the specs) and it has a nice tint but it's not neutral.
It is actually pretty close to my Surefire G2Xpro that also has a nice white tint even though not neutral.

Anyway, do you think this one from manafont anything for me?
Or should I go for anything else?

Corvette6769

Newly Enlightened
Central Illinois USA, In a van down by the river
How is tint on this? I usually prefer neutral white but a cool white that is "pure white" and not to cool is ok.

I have this one from Lumens Factory:

http://www.lumensfactory.com/product_details.php?id=74&cid=2&sid=7&page=1

It is said to be less cool (5000-5500 K in the specs) and it has a nice tint but it's not neutral.
It is actually pretty close to my Surefire G2Xpro that also has a nice white tint even though not neutral.

Anyway, do you think this one from manafont anything for me?
Or should I go for anything else?

I find mine to be a nice white tint. Huge upgrade from you XR-E R2.

Erzengel

Enlightened
Has anyone tried Solarforces XPG-R5, 3-mode with OP-reflector?

I could use a little bit more spill on my close range (at work) L2m, it now has R2...
I have R5 with SMO on my L2i, just wondering, if any of you have tested Solarforces new one...

An XM-L will draw too much current for AA or AAA batteries, an XP-G will be ok. The XPG drop-in with OP reflector is only sold with one or three modes. So You have t buy an extra reflector or buy one five mode smooth drop-in and one three mode OP drop-in and swap the reflectors.

seattlite

Enlightened

'vette6769....WOW...THANKS!!! I just got the "manafont" today and it is brighter than my nailbender XM-L. For whatever reason, when I first put the drop-in in my host, it would not cycle to its brightest mode using various 18650's and a 17670. So, I put 2xRCR123's in the thing and...DANG...it was bright. I then changed out the cells and now it cycles to all modes using an 18650/17670...and it now behaves as expected.

Last edited:

pae77

Enlightened
Today I also received my "Manafont" XM-L 3 mode drop in that was recommended by Corvette6769. It's just starting to get dark here so haven't fully checked it out but from what I can tell so far it seems very nice. LED is nicely centered and it seems a little brighter on low, med & high than my other 5 mode XM-L's from KD are. The tint seems a little less yellow. A very nice drop in for the money and it's nice to not have to cycle through the annoying strobe and SOS modes. I'm glad I have the 5 mode ones in case I ever need those functions but my new Manafont 3 mode will surely see more daily use.