P60 sized led drop-ins (part 3)

TheRealDoodle

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have the UltraFire SST-50 3.7V~4.2V drop in? The website isnt very specific, but it says its 3 mode and that it can put out 1250 lumens...Is this the brightest? I have a wf-502b and I want to get the brightest possible drop-in either 18650's or cr123's
thinking.gif

Nick

Wayne G.

Newly Enlightened
I've been reading about drop-ins and I figure they're called that for a reason. Are they all truly interchangeable? Reason I ask is that some manuf are proprietary on other parts of the hosts and tail caps preventing them from swapping around. I'm new to the forum, hence my elementary question.

^Gurthang

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wayne,

Drop-ins are also called P60 or D26 and are designed to be interchangeable. The design is based on the SureFire P60 incandescent lamp assembly for the C, Z and P series lights. However, there are small variations that will require a bit of shimming or contact spring adjustment to get good battery contact and proper heat sinking. You can choose from very inexpensive P60s up to high-end makers like Nailbender and Malkoff.

pomp92

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone!
I would like to be assembly by me one tri-XPG module...
Can anyone tell me which driver should I use for a single 18650 cell and if there is a empty drop-in that may contain drivers, PCB and carclo optic?
Or please can you give me the exact sizes of the P60 standard?
Thank you! :)

PS: aaand please could you also tell me which are the best tri/quad xpg drop-in on the market and where to buy them? :)

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I sure wish I knew which drop in I have that is in my Ultrafire WF-505B. It is the only more than one mode P60 I have that has NO PWM in the lower modes.

Only my Fenix P2D and Regal EDC have zero PWM in lower modes. My Luma Incedio and Connexion have it but fast enough that it doesn't bother me.

trdsupragt

Newly Enlightened
Can someone recommend to me a drop in P60 sized module that will work with a single 3V SureFire 123A cell? I have a SF 310R that I want to convert to LED. I was looking at the first page of this thread and while some will work, they are a bit pricey. Most of the DX links are dead, and those are the ones that fit my budget as well. I'm looking for something that will be fairly bright and has maybe 2 modes (strobe and constant). Thanks!

trdsupragt

Newly Enlightened
Thanks! I ordered one today and decided to go with the 1 mode instead for simplicity's sake.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
:) Whoa ! big thread lol.

i am after a single mode huge power p60 dropin, what are my options ? build or buy ? do i want a sst 50 ? 90 even or just a hard driven xm-l ?
and how many otf lumens can i get ?
help please, its going in a C2-twisty, I have two extenders for different battery options and runtimes - a voltage for primary option would be good.
thanks
Anthony

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know of a lower power, neutral XP-G drop-in that would be suitable for a G2?

I think around 150Lumens should be sufficient. 3-9 volt and 2 mode is optimum.

Am I searching for the holy grail?

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey jabe1, take a look at lumensfactory.com online shop, d26 led section, they have 3 mode xpg neutrals with the voltage you require, gives you 5% 30% and 100% = 1 Amp

I have the e series version and use the 30% most - its prolly what your after, the dropins have memory too so as long as you dont on/off too fast it will stay at the mode you choose.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Is there a cheap (under $20) 2 amp xml p60 drop in that will run on 2 x CR123?

I love my Solarforce drop in but even though it is supposed to be safe for 2 primaries I think 3 amps is too much for the batteries.

I prefer to use primaries.

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Confessions of a Cheap Drop-in Junkie...

> specially amber colors

Glad to see another amber fan show up here. Now there's two of us (grin).
If someone else comes along we can start a topic ...
(Nailbender made me a very nice amber 2-LED dropin last year; I was just starting to wonder if there are better LEDs available.

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
Does anyone know of a lower power, neutral XP-G drop-in that would be suitable for a G2?

I think around 150Lumens should be sufficient. 3-9 volt and 2 mode is optimum.

Am I searching for the holy grail?

Malkoff M61WL - They call it warm, but my M61W is more like neutral. WL ~ 125 Lumens. 5hrs runtime. The M61L Hi CRI is quite a bit warmer, and perfect in my G2Z. Not multimode in a G2, though. (Can be 2mode in an Elzetta or Malkoff host, with a special ring.)
Otherwise, have Nailbender build a 3-mode exactly to your spec - his stuff is fantastic. But you may need to do some math to calculate the current draw you want. He doesn't test or certify in composite/polymer hosts.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ill make a post on a drop in I just got recently in a bit, but Im very interested in an Amber LED P60 drop in! Any more info?

+

A while back I was looking to make a warmer light setup, to be used as room lighting.
When to a local Hobby Lobby and bought a sheet of plastic Amber, (report cover type of thing)

It was on sale for like $1.00 or something,:whistle:...good price.
So I got it, and carefully cut out circles around a couple of different flashlight lenses I have.

Just put on the underside of the lens, put your light back together.

I know there are threads on filters ect.., but it was the whole $1 spent to do exactly what I wanted.

cheers

KILLER_K

Newly Enlightened
Could someone tell me the highest lumens drop int he 9P will take? And the longest lasting batteries to use. Would like to just go ahead and max it out if possible. Thanks