P60 sized led drop-ins (part 3)

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's a good p60 drop for a two primaries (CR123's) light that? It will be mostly for outdoor camping use so the brighter the better!

Malkoff M61 series can run up to 3 primary or 2 rechargeables.
Get the standard or high output for brighter light buy lower runtime.

- JonK

SDmtnbkr

Newly Enlightened

- JonK

So does 2 rechargeables mean RCR123's? ...sorry, super new to this game, trying to get a solid light to take backpacking around the world on a year long trip. So rechargeables would be WAY better than carrying 50lbs of batteries, lol!

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, RCR123 is the rechargeable equivalent to CR123's. They also have a peak voltage of 4.2 volts each, when full, hence why you can only use two in series in that drop in, vs three of the 3 volt CR123's.

HitFactor

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking to get more life out of my G2's. Generally they are used for tracking deer and when field dressing. A dim mode would be useful for getting setup in a blind before day break.

My vision is a little red/green deficient, is there a tint that would help me see blood better?

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking to get more life out of my G2's. Generally they are used for tracking deer and when field dressing. A dim mode would be useful for getting setup in a blind before day break.

My vision is a little red/green deficient, is there a tint that would help me see blood better?

A Malkoff M61LL or LLL will be pretty dim & should meet your needs.
However, I have no experience with tints to fit color deficiency.
If you have been using the G2 all these while, does that mean that you have been using the stock P60 lamp?
Are you comfortable with it?
If yes, go for the M61 Warm or Neutral tint.
They should be pretty close to the incan tint.

- JonK

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know much about drop-ins but here goes (I've looked at various makers but don't see a package which includes all of my choices).

I am looking for a P60 drop-in to be run with 1x18650 as follows:

1) Single XML
2) Moonlight (10 lumens or less), Low, Medium, High (4 levels total)
3) Running between 3.5 - 4.5 amps at max.
4) Always starts on Moonlite mode.
5) Removable/Desolderable XML for easy future replacement.
6) Copper drop-in shell.

Thanks

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think you can get closer than one of Nailbender's here:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...white-XRE-XPE-XPG-XML-U3-NICHIA-92CRI-PART-11

His 4-mode with moonlight will have memory, not default to moon, though. And he uses copper sink pads now, but the pill body is still aluminum. You just need to order without potting to have full access to the driver, but I think even while potted, the LED may be able to be replaced, but check with Nailbender in his thread if you are interested.

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Potting or not, changing of emitters would require u to remove the MCPCB, which is usually held by thermal compound.
The potting is usually on the driver side of the pill only.

- JonK

Theron

Newly Enlightened

- JonK

I think some drop-ins only go up to 6V, so two CR123As or one standard RCR123. Two LiFePO4 RCR123As may work though.

scaredofthedark

Enlightened
Can you point me to a dropin with tir??? I found nailbender used to have xre with two optic choices but he doesnt offer that anymore.....nichia 219 with tir would beeven better. And i dont trust myself to diy....this will be going in my duty light....i need something quality. Thanks for any help

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
IIRC, Malkoff M60 series uses optics & not reflector.
Btw, why do you specifically wanna get a TIR dropin?

- JonK

scaredofthedark

Enlightened
Higher efficiency i believe they are 85%+ generally. and i like the spot on it more. It seems to me they are like the tech advancement majority of manufacuters havent got on board with besides sirefire

Leonidimus

Newly Enlightened
Are there inexpensive low-voltage XP-G2 drop-ins on the market? It's time to upgrade my 2xAA hosts, but I could only find Dereelight modules for ~ $30. Solarforce is stuck with old XP-G's...

DaisyJaime01

Newly Enlightened
what flashlight should I buy, what's the battery will be nice, what flashlight can be used in outside?

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are there inexpensive low-voltage XP-G2 drop-ins on the market? It's time to upgrade my 2xAA hosts, but I could only find Dereelight modules for ~ $30. Solarforce is stuck with old XP-G's...
Imo, the extra lumen from a XP-G to XP-G2 is negligible.. Not worth it to upgrade it.
Most of my P60 dropin are still using the older XML emitters & i cannot say I see a increase in brightness as compared to my XM-L2 lights.
And the cheapest way is to DIY, if not i don't think u can go below $30.

what flashlight should I buy, what's the battery will be nice, what flashlight can be used in outside?
You should probably post this at the 'Recommend me a flashlight' sub forum.

what is Malkoff M60
M60 is a dropin for P60 flashlight host.

- JonK

Leonidimus

Newly Enlightened
Imo, the extra lumen from a XP-G to XP-G2 is negligible.. Not worth it to upgrade it.
Most of my P60 dropin are still using the older XML emitters & i cannot say I see a increase in brightness as compared to my XM-L2 lights.
And the cheapest way is to DIY, if not i don't think u can go below $30.
- JonK
I don't really need crazy lumens from an AA light, but 20% efficacy increase is enough incentive for me :)
Never tried a DIY P60 but I guess it can be a fun project. What's the best one-stop shopping for P60 parts?

Sofastreamer

Newly Enlightened
anyone knowing a drop in with xp-g or even better xp-g2 with firefly first and no memory? should run with 3xaaa...

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't really need crazy lumens from an AA light, but 20% efficacy increase is enough incentive for me :)
Never tried a DIY P60 but I guess it can be a fun project. What's the best one-stop shopping for P60 parts?

Emitters from International-Outdoor; copper MCPCB!
AMC 7135 drivers from Kaidomain, i like their modes better over the regular ones. You can get the blank dropin there as well.
Rest of stuff, like thermal glue, wires, i get them locally.

anyone knowing a drop in with xp-g or even better xp-g2 with firefly first and no memory? should run with 3xaaa...

Look for Vinh, he can hook u up with something..

- JonK