P60 sized led drop-ins (part 3)

WhoDunIt

Newly Enlightened
I found I can return the light for warranty work. I'll be trying one of these setups in a solarforce body. Thanks!

ven

Flashaholic
I have a couple of Kaidomain drop ins like that, 219c's and they are decent for the money. Not as cheap as the solarforce ones anyway..........

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if there is an aspheric p60 drop in that provides a truly pencil beam, similar to that of saabluster's lights? I have his 400k edc but prefer to keep it in my safe, rather than have it collect dings and scratches

archimedes

Flashaholic
I wonder if there is an aspheric p60 drop in that provides a truly pencil beam, similar to that of saabluster's lights? I have his 400k edc but prefer to keep it in my safe, rather than have it collect dings and scratches
Was not available as a turnkey dropin, but you may want to search for @ahorton aspheric P60 builds ....

Day_late

Newly Enlightened
I bought a P60 sized led drop in for my old Surefire G2 from Battery Junction a few months ago; it is the single mode 335 lumen model from SZX. It works fine except that the flashlight occasionally needs to be whacked against something to light it up. I figured out the problem is that the bezel assembly leaves the drop in slightly loose when it's screwed down fully. Put in the drop in, screw the front end on - and it rattles when you shake it.

Troubleshooting the problem last night I figured out that an o-ring between the lens and the drop in would tighten everything up, remove the rattle, and make the light work without the whacks. The ideal o-ring is a number 22 (1-1/8" OD, 1/16" width). Well, my hardware store had the number 21 and the number 23, but not even a bin for the 22. The helpful hardware guy showed me some unnumbered o-rings and I picked one with an 1-1/8" OD and 3/32" width. Works great: no rattle, no whacks, the light works every time.

I guess I could sand a bit off the bottom of the bezel assembly to get the same result (the light is a yellow Nitrolon model), but I don't like to mess with the original parts unless there's no other way.

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

ajumpingbean

Newly Enlightened
I wonder if there is an aspheric p60 drop in that provides a truly pencil beam, similar to that of saabluster's lights?

I'm a bit late to this, but alternatively to the Ahorton kit, Solarforce manufactures and lists a housing/lens that should screw onto your pill setup on any P60 build. I'll find the link when I get home.