P60 sized led drop-ins (part 3)

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'll need to be more specific.
Do you want flood, throw or a bit of both?
How much do you want to spend?
Single mode, multi mode, disco mode?
How powerful do you want it to be?
How long do you want it run?
Rechargeable or Primary cells?

Give us some answers to those, and we can point you in the right direction.
P

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you were to buy a new P60 drop in right now, which one would it be.

If I were to buy a new one it would be for a duty light. Therefore I would go with either a malkoff or (most likely) a lumens factory with nichia 319 80cri. I have one on a carbine right now and am really liking it.

iptest0125

Newly Enlightened
If I were to buy a new one it would be for a duty light. Therefore I would go with either a malkoff or (most likely) a lumens factory with nichia 319 80cri. I have one on a carbine right now and am really liking it.

I don't see them selling P60 that fits your requirements. Do you have one in mind?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't see them selling P60 that fits your requirements. Do you have one in mind?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what you mean? Lumens factory has been selling a nichia 319 drop in for a while- I have one! It's nice! Of course I'm also still very happy with my Mx1 neutral malkoff drop ins. Even more than the warm ones.

alex74

Newly Enlightened
hello everyone I would like advice for the purchase of a good p60 triple dropin with at least 2 or 3 usable levels
I like for example the sportac eagletac that I have with triple led nichia with 1 level, but unfortunately I have seen that the model with 2 has a power of 1 lumen which is practically unusable
thanks for all the answers

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it were me, I'd go to customlites.com and look for "Solid Copper triple emitter P60".
You can chosse emitters and number of modes too.
I use Oveready triples, and this is what I'd buy if i had to replace them.
P

Last edited:

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
The best in class tripple would be the Oveready Triple. But I do not know if they currently plan do make some. The Oveready Triple can be programmed to several configurations and euns with one or two LiIon cells.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
hello everyone I would like advice for the purchase of a good p60 triple dropin with at least 2 or 3 usable levels
I like for example the sportac eagletac that I have with triple led nichia with 1 level, but unfortunately I have seen that the model with 2 has a power of 1 lumen which is practically unusable
thanks for all the answers

1 lumen is actually just about right in many environments. May or may not be good for your application but I often like my ~1 lumen modes.

stephenk

Enlightened
I've just received a 1.5A current triple XP-E drop-in from Kaodomain with Red, Blue, and Amber emitters. Given the relatively low current, is it still worth wrapping this drop-in in foil, or not worth the effort?

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Not including SporTac drop-ins,, haven't purchased a 'budget' drop-in in years.
So a while back I took a punt & ordered up a $15 unit w/ XHP50.2 emitter, figured what the heck.

It arrived yesterday & all I can say is wowzer<<<
no pwm on low and medium is very bright,, high is almost silly for a drop-in. What a buzz for $15 :huh:

now, where are my copper strips

akula88

Enlightened
Any reviews on KDLITKER P60 drop-ins?

They are offering triple-/quad-LEDs -- some with circuits pushed up to 5A (for strobe mode).
There are also some reasonably driven to 1.4A (for Single-LED)

desmobob

Enlightened
I just put in one of the six dollar, 5-mode R5 (XP-G) drop-ins from BatteryJunction.com. It is brighter and has a better beam pattern than my old R2 drop-in and offers High-Medium-Low-Strobe-SOS modes. Six bucks. Unbelievable.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any reviews on KDLITKER P60 drop-ins?

They are offering triple-/quad-LEDs -- some with circuits pushed up to 5A (for strobe mode).
There are also some reasonably driven to 1.4A (for Single-LED)

+

Years ago I ordered alot form KD, various parts & stuff:: that tapered off and didn't place an order for a long time.
Several months back ordered up a 21700 P60 host and was super impressed with the quality and more so, the value.

Really, it's worth a go on a drop-in & it's not huge money risk,,,, I bet you'll like it alot.

SpyderHS08

Enlightened
My 6P was my first "nice light" as a kid. My dad helped me buy it when I was in probably 8th grade, sooo 17 years ago or so. It was badass, king of the corn maze and flashlight tag, neighbor kids hated me, I was THAT DUDE. Lol then some years went by and it got replaced with an L1 lumamax when I was in high school and then HDS LX2 M3LT E1e tripled etc etc. so a month ago after looking at this thread and the rest of the internet i went and dug my 6P out after All these years and I got on lumensfactory site again and ordered a clicky switch, a new crenulated bezel, as well as their drop in 3 mode LED. The 6P is again one of my favorite lights and I'm very happy about this. With the ability to run primaries or RC, it's here to stay for another 15 years :thumbsup:

D3AGNnF.jpg

Oc3yrKW.jpg

Last edited:

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of their single mode 319a drop ins and it's very nice. The three mode would be a great alternative to a M361, I just dislike mode memory.

aau007

Enlightened
So I have been searching high and low for a flashlight with no hotspot. Since I have a bunch of empty Solarforce hosts, I naturally was also looking for a P60 dropin. No luck. Closest I could get was a triple or quad mule but then get like 3 or 4 circles of light partially overlapping. Looks like someone with stigmatism looking at the moon.

How can I make a single LED p60 dropin into no hot spot?

Last edited: