p60 sized led drop-in's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
You are going to need a smaller shallower reflector, such as a Surefire E series reflector to approach the beam width of a KL4. The KL4 beam is huge compared to any of my drop ins, compared to KL5, KL6, Chameleons, Arcs, VIP's, Fenex's, even CR2 Ion which has a nice wide beam. That Lux V helps too.

Bill

whippoorwill

Enlightened
Just received the BOG Q5 and compared it to the Malkoff Q4 and the Bog is brighter, noticeably so. Throw seems to reach about 10-15 yards further and the light is brighter. However, the build quality seems better on the Malkoff. Both a flawless white tint. These are two bright lights. Can't go wrong with either one it appears.

DanielG

Enlightened
Got my BOG drop in. HOLY MOLEY! It's bright as all get out.

It is almost exactly the same beam as my Dereelight CL1H V3.0 now. I like the Dereelight because it's a 1X18650 light but I like the Surefire light too and now it's been running for about 1-1/2 hours without dimming that I can tell. I keep flashing the Dereelight into the 6P's beam to see if there is any difference.

I know, get 'em both. Well I did :thumbsup:

There's a 1/8-1/16" gap after the head's screwed back on, but I believe an O ring will fix that right up.

IcantC

Enlightened
Got my BOG drop in. HOLY MOLEY! It's bright as all get out.

It is almost exactly the same beam as my Dereelight CL1H V3.0 now. I like the Dereelight because it's a 1X18650 light but I like the Surefire light too and now it's been running for about 1-1/2 hours without dimming that I can tell. I keep flashing the Dereelight into the 6P's beam to see if there is any difference.

I know, get 'em both. Well I did :thumbsup:

There's a 1/8-1/16" gap after the head's screwed back on, but I believe an O ring will fix that right up.

Thanks I just purchased the Deree light P60 Q5 dropin for $33(includes both SMO and OP relfectors). Will use it in my Z2:devil:

Mercaptan

Enlightened
Thanks I just purchased the Deree light P60 Q5 dropin for $33(includes both SMO and OP relfectors). Will use it in my Z2:devil:

I take it you got the 1-SM2 model, yes?

I'm certainly thinking of going this route with a Z2... tell me how it works out :)

SAVAGESAM

Newly Enlightened
I have an earlier Malkoff and the BOG Q5

The BOG is brighter by a fair margin. The Malkoff has a warmer tint if that is your preference.

The BOG has a deeper reflector then any of my other drop ins

Both are amazing
Newbie question....What does a deeper reflector mean to the user? I'll go out on a limb and guess it either means more spot and less spill or guessing again the other way around?

IcantC

Enlightened
I take it you got the 1-SM2 model, yes?

I'm certainly thinking of going this route with a Z2... tell me how it works out :)

Yes sir got the 1SM-2 model with both reflectors. Will post back how it is! I actually like the stock P60 and think it is more than enough for what it intended. I figure I could use the runtime and the brightness.

Newbie question....What does a deeper reflector mean to the user? I'll go out on a limb and guess it either means more spot and less spill or guessing again the other way around?

Deeper reflector = farther throw.

Fizz753

Newly Enlightened
First post edited and updated for dead links and prices. Let me know if I missed something.

On a side note - WOW. A sticky, 150+ replies and close to 14,000 views. All from a little list I thought one or two people might find useful and that would be it. Never would of thought that this would happen. :)

Fizz

rigormootis

Newly Enlightened
OK... SO I have a few questions for you experts. :)

I have a stock Surefire G2Z I'd like to convert to LED. I was planning to pre-order a BOG "super-premium" Q5 drop-in (and maybe a UCL lens for it...though, then again, perhaps the SF pyrex (remember, this is a G2Z, not G2) is probably best left alone)...then, I got to thinking the the plastic body might not dissipate the heat from this module well enough. Would the SF P60L likely generate less heat? If so, would it be more preferable for this particular light?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Mercaptan

Enlightened
OK... SO I have a few questions for you experts. :)

I have a stock Surefire G2Z I'd like to convert to LED. I was planning to pre-order a BOG "super-premium" Q5 drop-in and a Borofloat or UCL lens for it...then, I got to thinking the the plastic body might not dissipate the heat from this module well enough. Would the P60L likely generate less heat? If so, would it be more preferable for this particular light?

Thanks in advance!

P60L by Surefire has a temperature regulated circuit - temp goes up, light output diminishes to avoid injuring the electronics. Not quite sure if this is featured in the BOG Q5, but the BOG Q5 is certainly being driven harder than the P60L.

BargainMonkey

Newly Enlightened
Gene Malkoff is coming out with a new lower power drop-in that should be great for a plastic bodies light. Not as bright as his normal ones, but really long run time.

Status
Not open for further replies.