• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired P60 XPG modules - warm, neutral, cool white/SST-50 -90 P60 modules (part 7)

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave:

Regarding my 3-mode XP-G R4 low voltage module that I use with 2x AA eneloops or energizer lithiums:
I've seen you mention that you set a pot on these drivers, and I see what appears to be a variable potentiometer on the back side of the driver. Is this adjustable to control current draw?

The draw on mine may be a bit more than solarforce tailcap switches are up to handling, as I have lost two. The module starts out drawing 3.8-4.0 amps on high (eneloops) depending on charge state, and stabilizes at 3.6a or so.

I'm very happy with the quality and output of this module, just wondering if its possible to adjust the draw a bit lower without affecting brightness much. Sorry if this isn't the correct place to ask, I sent a PM a couple of weeks ago but you must have missed it.

Thanks,

Mark

HI Mark

I am sorry I must have missed it. Yes you can turn to the right and it should lower the amperage.

If you still have trouble after that let me know

Dave

hondaexp

Newly Enlightened
Dave:

Regarding my 3-mode XP-G R4 low voltage module that I use with 2x AA eneloops or energizer lithiums:
I've seen you mention that you set a pot on these drivers, and I see what appears to be a variable potentiometer on the back side of the driver. Is this adjustable to control current draw?

The draw on mine may be a bit more than solarforce tailcap switches are up to handling, as I have lost two. The module starts out drawing 3.8-4.0 amps on high (eneloops) depending on charge state, and stabilizes at 3.6a or so.

I'm very happy with the quality and output of this module, just wondering if its possible to adjust the draw a bit lower without affecting brightness much. Sorry if this isn't the correct place to ask, I sent a PM a couple of weeks ago but you must have missed it.

Thanks,

Mark
Hi Dave Wow 4 amps can this driver be used on a sst-50 ?

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whoa! There's a potentiometer on the backside of the driver? Is that on all of the drivers you use in your builds? Does that mean I could potentially run the SST-50 I just ordered at a higher amperage? Just curious. :D

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL you all have to be kidding

he is running 2XAA:D

He is running a AA driver and it is not going to run a SST50. The pot is on that driver only.

Dave

Last edited:

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
What tint are the XP-G neutrals you are offering?

Sorry about the laziness, it's probably mentioned somewhere in this thread... but it's getting late.

Do you have any of them available as bare emitters?

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Nailbender!

Received my SST-90 3000k (the regulated one you made me) today, safe and sound as always. Took a minute to get used to the difference in tint, but so far I'm loving how much light that SST-90 can put out. Whipped up a little post with some beamshots if you or anyone else are interested: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/3569331

I'm already looking forward to my next purchase. :) Cheers!

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
What tint are the XP-G neutrals you are offering?

Sorry about the laziness, it's probably mentioned somewhere in this thread... but it's getting late.

Do you have any of them available as bare emitters?

Hi

No I don't sell the emitters alone sorry. They can be purchased at any of the larger vendors / Arrow , Digikey, Newark and of course Cutters has a large supply with a good selection. Several of the vendors now sell on boards I believe.

I carry several tints and they are all listed on the first page of the thread under XPG with tints and color temps. I have 3000k / 4oook / 5000k

thanks

Dave

morelightnow

Enlightened
Dave,

I have this sst-90 d36 dropin that was in a light I bought but it has no label. Its is three modes, starts on low and runs around 2.5 amps. Does it look like your work?

Thanks for the help.

Cave_Dweller

Newly Enlightened
Hi Dave,

I could use some advice choosing a drop-in if you're up for it - I just can't choose!

I need something with plenty of throw, for a Solarforce L2. Tint isn't a major concern, and I'm happy to run it on CR123s or an 18650 - whichever voltage fits the 'best drop-in for the job'. Three levels would be ideal (low, med, high) - I have no use for strobe modes, but if the right module is single mode, then that's what I'll have - I'm not too picky!

Which option is going to give me a nice, tight hot-spot with plenty of throw?

thanks for any advice,

Regards,
Glenn.

Last edited:

notsobrite

Newly Enlightened
hi dave-

i asked about a 2 mode xp-g awhile back and iirc you said you didn't have any boards in stock- did you ever get any?

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Dave,

I could use some advice choosing a drop-in if you're up for it - I just can't choose!

I need something with plenty of throw, for a Solarforce L2. Tint isn't a major concern, and I'm happy to run it on CR123s or an 18650 - whichever voltage fits the 'best drop-in for the job'. Three levels would be ideal (low, med, high) - I have no use for strobe modes, but if the right module is single mode, then that's what I'll have - I'm not too picky!

Which option is going to give me a nice, tight hot-spot with plenty of throw?

thanks for any advice,

Regards,
Glenn.

Hi Glenn

I hate getting on the subject of throw as each person has such a variance but here goes.
I guess it depends on how bright it has to be besides thin beam.

Most tight beams are not going to be over about 250 or so lumens OTF in a module. We can use a XRE R2 which has a very narrow viewing angle and it is probably the tightest thrower for Cree.
XPE R3 would be next and slightly brighter but about 10 degrees wider viewing angle.
I also have a new osram orsilon which is probably the tightest of all but only about 225 lumen but has a very nice tight hotspot.

Those three are the tightest of the throwers I have each in cool / neutral . Remember that the cool will be the brightest

Dave

bbaker22

Newly Enlightened
Dave-
I'd like the following, please:

DUAL XPG (Linger Special)$45 R5 6500K (tint preference: 1B, 1C, 1A) / 3 level 2.5 amp 3.6-6 volts max

Thanks,
Brad

paypal sent...

kellyglanzer

Enlightened
Big fan of your drop in's here. Looking forward to ordering directly from you once I can decide what to order. :)

Is there such a thing as a 9 volt driver avail for the Luminus SST-50 or 90 in order to run two 18650's or two 26650's in series?

thanks for your help in advance.

Kelly

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Big fan of your drop in's here. Looking forward to ordering directly from you once I can decide what to order. :)

Is there such a thing as a 9 volt driver avail for the Luminus SST-50 or 90 in order to run two 18650's or two 26650's in series?

thanks for your help in advance.

Kelly

Hi Kelly

No there is not any drivers for 8.4 volts on the SST 90.

I have to use 17mm drivers and according to all the shops you need a larger diameter to use high amperage with the 8.4 volts needed.
Just to get 2.8 amps at 6 volts requires both sides of a 17 mm to be populated.

Sorry no joy

Dave