Partner / Partner Pro. Tactical lights.

mdocod

Flashaholic
Re: Partnter/Partner Pro. Tactical flashlights

Anxiously awaiting availability of the Partner Pro C2 v2 and Viking Pro v3 XP-L!

rfl

Newly Enlightened

SCS asked "Hi, Armytek. Does the UI of the regular Partner allow momentary activation in quick succession without changing modes? Thanks."

Armytek replied "Automatic memorization is the same."

What does that reply mean? The "same as" what? Sometimes I think that Armytek is a bot. However I suspect that the terse answers from Armytek are due to a language barrier, which is perfectly understandable.

Hi SCS,

As I read the documentation you can't use the tail switch of the Partner in quick succession without advancing modes. The docs state that the mode is memorized in 5 seconds — which suggest that within 5 seconds the mode will advance [1]. IMO, 5 seconds is way too long. 1 second, or two at the most, would be better. I believe this was discussed in the Dobermann thread.

However someone did some measurements with a Viking or Dobermann (I think the documentation for those lights share the same language regarding the 5 second memorization period). They found that the light memorized the mode in about 2 seconds, which is much more acceptable. I hope that is the case, because I would like to own a Dobermann and/or Partner.

Note, the Partner Pro seems to have a classic tail switch + side switch UI, where the side switch cycles through the modes, and the tail switch is an on/off only forward clicky; so momentary activation could never accidentally advance the modes.

[1] Unless of course the head is tightened, in which case it is always in Turbo anyway...

rfl

Newly Enlightened

Was new or upgraded Partner released?
I saw on Armytek's facebook page for Partner C2 Pro "XP-L".
It has XP-L and bezel is strike style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYLWCSm2wOY

Armytek isn't stocking the Partner Pro models, and there are no manuals published for the Partner Pro models. Based on past history, this means that the Partner Pro is not yet "production ready". However there are retailers that are already shipping Partner Pro models. This seems similar to recent events where retailers were provided pre-production Dobermanns that were sold to customers. Those Dobermanns did not match the specs of the production Dobermanns sparking (highly) justifiable complaints. This is troubling. The mention of an XP-L emitter with that video and the alternate bezel just adds to the confusion; especially since the video can be found on Armytek's Facebook page. Also, there is a retailer with that lists a Partner Pro XP-L.

Armytek needs to exercise more care when they roll out new models.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast

Armytek isn't stocking the Partner Pro models, and there are no manuals published for the Partner Pro models. Based on past history, this means that the Partner Pro is not yet "production ready". However there are retailers that are already shipping Partner Pro models. This seems similar to recent events where retailers were provided pre-production Dobermanns that were sold to customers. Those Dobermanns did not match the specs of the production Dobermanns sparking (highly) justifiable complaints. This is troubling. The mention of an XP-L emitter with that video and the alternate bezel just adds to the confusion; especially since the video can be found on Armytek's Facebook page. Also, there is a retailer with that lists a Partner Pro XP-L.

Armytek needs to exercise more care when they roll out new models.

I agree and thanks for the reply. Yeah I thought that's what AT meant by the response. When I asked the question, I didn't know that going to the lower modes required loosening the head. Since I would use momentary only on max, with the head tightened, repeated pressing of the switch will not switch modes.

ArmyTek

Enlightened

SCS asked "Hi, Armytek. Does the UI of the regular Partner allow momentary activation in quick succession without changing modes? Thanks."

Armytek replied "Automatic memorization is the same."

What does that reply mean? The "same as" what? Sometimes I think that Armytek is a bot. However I suspect that the terse answers from Armytek are due to a language barrier, which is perfectly understandable.

Hi SCS,

As I read the documentation you can't use the tail switch of the Partner in quick succession without advancing modes. The docs state that the mode is memorized in 5 seconds — which suggest that within 5 seconds the mode will advance [1]. IMO, 5 seconds is way too long. 1 second, or two at the most, would be better. I believe this was discussed in the Dobermann thread.

However someone did some measurements with a Viking or Dobermann (I think the documentation for those lights share the same language regarding the 5 second memorization period). They found that the light memorized the mode in about 2 seconds, which is much more acceptable. I hope that is the case, because I would like to own a Dobermann and/or Partner.

Note, the Partner Pro seems to have a classic tail switch + side switch UI, where the side switch cycles through the modes, and the tail switch is an on/off only forward clicky; so momentary activation could never accidentally advance the modes.

[1] Unless of course the head is tightened, in which case it is always in Turbo anyway...

I can tell you with confidence that I an not a bot. :) Sure, a language barrier takes a place, because Armytek is an international company. Thank you for your remarks and attention - we try to do our best to avoid this misunderstanding.

Partner and Wizard series will be upgraded with XP-L.
We didn`t post it here because all necessary preparations are being carried out at the moment.

rfl

Newly Enlightened

I can tell you with confidence that I an not a bot. :) Sure, a language barrier takes a place, because Armytek is an international company. Thank you for your remarks and attention - we try to do our best to avoid this misunderstanding.

Partner and Wizard series will be upgraded with XP-L.
We didn`t post it here because all necessary preparations are being carried out at the moment.

To be sure, the language barrier isn't the real problem.

One real problem is that there are Partner C2 Pro flashlights at retailers and no one knows their specifications. Some of them are described as XM-L2, and some of them are described as XP-L. And no one knows if these Partner C2 Pro flashlights are pre-production models whose specifications and operation will not match the production models when they become ready. This appears to be similar to the problems created by the release of pre-production Dobermanns.

What can Armytek tell us about the Partner C2 Pro models that are currently at retailers?

Thanks!

shrike2222

Flashlight Enthusiast

For next Partner version, I have a suggestion for mode switching.

As Armytek categorized Partner is Tactical Flashlights on their website, Partner has to be more tactical than now v2 version in aspect mode switching.

Partner v2 has two mode group line, one is Maximum and the other is normal including low to High and strobe.
In normal mode line with head 1/8 unscrewed, mode switching is just cycled from low to high, but that is not compatible with "Tactical light".
I think Tactical light has just single mode operation and can not be easily changed it's output by switch.

Therefore I want Partner and other Tactical flashlights including Predator and Doberman can be switched light output by head tighten and unscrew.

Yes, it is same with older Predator v2.5 Pro version's mode switching.

I want to use lower output like Maximum output mode. I knew memory function is worked on normal mode group, but time is matter.
Turn on and off is faster than memory setting, output is changed to next output.

Kim.

ArmyTek

Enlightened

For next Partner version, I have a suggestion for mode switching.

As Armytek categorized Partner is Tactical Flashlights on their website, Partner has to be more tactical than now v2 version in aspect mode switching.

Partner v2 has two mode group line, one is Maximum and the other is normal including low to High and strobe.
In normal mode line with head 1/8 unscrewed, mode switching is just cycled from low to high, but that is not compatible with "Tactical light".
I think Tactical light has just single mode operation and can not be easily changed it's output by switch.

Therefore I want Partner and other Tactical flashlights including Predator and Doberman can be switched light output by head tighten and unscrew.

Yes, it is same with older Predator v2.5 Pro version's mode switching.

I want to use lower output like Maximum output mode. I knew memory function is worked on normal mode group, but time is matter.
Turn on and off is faster than memory setting, output is changed to next output.

Kim.

Kim, thank you for the suggestion. I will forward it our technical department.

LEDeez

Newly Enlightened

Any updates on when I can purchase an Armytek Partner C2 Pro XP-L?

ArmyTek

Enlightened

Any updates on when I can purchase an Armytek Partner C2 Pro XP-L?

Hi! Thank you for your question.
This model will soon appear on our official website.
Please choose the product which is out-of-stock and check the box "Notify me when this product is back in stock".

rookiedaddy

Enlightened

my newly acquired Partner C2 Silver XP-L v3
ArmyTekPartnerC2.jpg

:D

LEDeez

Newly Enlightened

my newly acquired Partner C2 Silver XP-L v3

:D

So how do you like it? I was dead set on the PD35 Tac but given it's impact rating of only 3 feet I decided to look elsewhere as my main concern is durability. The only thing I wish the Armytek Partner C2 Pro had different is a tail cap similar to the PD35 with those 2 side guards to prevent accidental activation. it seems the rear switch could easily get activated in the pocket on the Armytek.

Last edited:

rookiedaddy

Enlightened

ArmyTekPartnerC2_vs_FenixPD35Tac.jpg

both are good quality light, with Partner C2 easier and lighter to carry due its compact size.

accidental activation is not an issue with Partner C2 as you can lock out the light by slightly loosen the tail-cap, likewise on the PD35 Tac.

On Max mode, Partner C2 gets hot to hold quicker than PD35 Tac, but no surprise here as the surface area is smaller.

I personally prefer the UI on the Partner C2 as I can directly access the max mode just by tightening the head instead of cycle through the in-between mode on the PD35 Tac.

rfl

Newly Enlightened

I personally prefer the UI on the Partner C2 as I can directly access the max mode just by tightening the head instead of cycle through the in-between mode on the PD35 Tac.

That is a really big plus, IMO. I have a few Fenix flashlights that I like a lot, and naturally the two button UI is/was second nature. However, after using a tail switch for mode changing for a while (on Armyteks and some budget lights) I'm slightly annoyed when I turn on a Fenix and can't immediately change modes at the tail and need to go searching for the side switch. To be sure it really only is a mild annoyance -- and the Fenix flashlights are pretty darn good -- but I've developed a preference for the Partner UI.

HippieTom

Newly Enlightened

Hi.
I got a Partner C2 Warm, regular, with xm-l2. When i compare it to my friends Partners mine is much darker in tint.
It can not light up much in front of me when compared to my friends same light. I would say i have half the lux output.
I also compared it to the wizard warm with xm-l2, and its a completely different tint.

Any chance i got a high-cri led? And how do i know?

I activated the strobe two times on my light before that function broke down and now it is just black when i get to the stobe.

Last edited:

ArmyTek

Enlightened

Hi.
I got a Partner C2 Warm, regular, with xm-l2. When i compare it to my friends Partners mine is much darker in tint.
It can not light up much in front of me when compared to my friends same light. I would say i have half the lux output.
I also compared it to the wizard warm with xm-l2, and its a completely different tint.

Any chance i got a high-cri led? And how do i know?

I activated the strobe two times on my light before that function broke down and now it is just black when i get to the stobe.

Hi! Thank you for your post.
Please contact [email protected] to answer a few technical questions.
Can you make a video?