• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Peak Eiger Question

el_duderino04

Newly Enlightened
I've looked through a lot of the threads, but didn't see anything addressing this question. If it has been addressed, I apologize.

I'm interested in getting a Peak Eiger from Oveready, and had a question about the head options. I'd like to get a warm XP-G2 led, and ideally I'd like to get it in the small optic. The only option I can see for a neutral bulb in the regular Eiger is a regular XPG (not XPG 2) or a Nichia. Is this a typo, or is the only option for a neutral XPG 2 the Eiger Ultra?

I may end up going for the Ultra, but my goal with the AAA light is to have as small a footprint in my pocket as possible. The Ultra head might defeat this purpose.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait for an official answer. First I thought it was a spacing issue - not enough room for the "2." But the price is "-8" so I don't know.

The ultra head is bigger. Have you considered the 10180 or the 10280 models? They're very small. I have an Ultra head on an AAA body with a momentary switch. I like it a lot, but my Nichia 219 mule on a 10180 is always in my pocket. It is so small that I don't notice it.

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Sorry for the confusion. A few points:

We have no truly warm (3000K) xpg2, in any form on any light.

We have a few truly warm XPG1 (XPG) heads left, on $8 sale (-8).

Our 4000K neutral XPG2 have a sought after incan like tint (LEDs sourced from Malkoff).

We have 4000K XPG2 ready to ship in mule and ultra heads. Standard optic format is currently sold out.

The smallest possible option is the mule head, but the usable range is about half that of the optic.

el_duderino04

Newly Enlightened
Hi EG,

Thanks a lot for the clarification. Anything between 4000-4500 is fine for me. I'm not sure if you can say, but is there any ETA on when the small optic 4000k XP-G2s will be back in stock?

taklbry

Newly Enlightened
didnt know where exactly to ask this, but i have a ss peak eiger with momentary switch and ti clip. i love this little light, but need a more focused beam for longer distances, at times, ( i am a police detective). i would like the nichia or ultra head only and a ss body so that i have the option to add a aaa cell. i tried to navigate thru the site, but was unsure the head was a nichia with a longer throw and wasnt sure which body i should get to add a aaa cell.
thanks in advance ................

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
didnt know where exactly to ask this, but i have a ss peak eiger with momentary switch and ti clip. i love this little light, but need a more focused beam for longer distances, at times, ( i am a police detective). i would like the nichia or ultra head only and a ss body so that i have the option to add a aaa cell. i tried to navigate thru the site, but was unsure the head was a nichia with a longer throw and wasnt sure which body i should get to add a aaa cell.
thanks in advance ................

Sorry for the confusion. The standard small/narrow/clear optic has more throw than our mule option, but for the most throw, you want the ultra head. We have them in X stainless here (see note about 10440 only). But for nichia at the moment (which do work with AAA), the only option is for brass:

If you want the most output and throw in the smallest toughest possible package, our new 10250 does everything well and pushes 300 lumens on these cells with the X head:

Last edited: