• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Peak Logan QTC - Nice!!!

Just received a couple of stainless steel Peak Logan QTC (new version) XPGs, with keychain bodies and optional momentary switches. Very nice! Clean, perfectly machined, compact. The QTC action is smooth and efficient, with either standard keychain body or momentary plunger switch. The XPGs are bright and white, one a nice neutral tint, the other tending towards cool (exactly as I ordered them). The new QTC version is anchored in nicely with a wrapped retaining ring around the edge of the delrin base, and this looks built to last for a long, long time. Really like having an affordable and compact Mule for EDC. These guys will get plenty of usage, to be sure. I can see them replacing some of my higher end lights long term.

Great job Robyn, Curt and gang! :twothumbs

Last edited:

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I could just get my hands on a brass El Capitan with a Nichia 219 and a clip than can still tail stand...

...one day.

mhs

Newly Enlightened
If I could just get my hands on a brass El Capitan with a Nichia 219 and a clip than can still tail stand...

...one day.
I think it's not that hard to do. Maybe pocket style body + "snap on" type of clip like that from AA MiniMag or Fenix LD series can make this setup possible.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, the brass I can get from Peak, but not the nichia 219. The Nichia 219 I can get from Oveready, but not the brass or the El Capitan. LOL

shudaizi

Newly Enlightened
It is awesome! I've used my Logan 17500 mule (Nichia 219) numerous times during the last month. We've been house-hunting -- so many basements and attics to light up! At one place, the inspector was looking at some piping in a basement with his weak maglite -- I pulled out the Logan and turned it on semi-high. He did a triple take at what was lighting up half of the basement.

archimedes

Flashaholic
I don't have any of the most recently updated QTC Peaks, but it sounds like there have been further improvements in QTC function ....

Anyone interested in commenting on that topic (pro or con) would also be welcome to contribute to my poll thread :)

The Logan 17500 is one of my favorite Peaks. Along with the Eiger 10180, I think they make an ideal EDC torch + backup setup :D

Last edited:

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
Just received a couple of stainless steel Peak Logan QTC (new version) XPGs, with keychain bodies and optional momentary switches. Very nice! Clean, perfectly machined, compact. The QTC action is smooth and efficient, with either standard keychain body or momentary plunger switch. The XPGs are bright and white, one a nice neutral tint, the other tending towards cool (exactly as I ordered them). The new QTC version is anchored in nicely with a wrapped retaining ring around the edge of the delrin base, and this looks built to last for a long, long time. Really like having an affordable and compact Mule for EDC. These guys will get plenty of usage, to be sure. I can see them replacing some of my higher end lights long term.

Great job Robyn, Curt and gang! :twothumbs

good to hear- I know you have your fair share of Peak products- I have had many and still have several to this day- the TI Logan is my go to light with a surefire primary is my go to torch- that and the EXTREMELY useful Magnetic base with the threaded flexible post- I have used that tons of times to work on my car or under my sing or furnace, etc- I think there are pics of them in the Peak sticky thread- highly recomment that as a great accessory- I hope they are still making them.

Filip

Newly Enlightened
Hello QTC users,

Is the "wrapped retaining ring around the edge of the delrin base" the only difference between 2.0 and 2.1 QTC?

Filip

... The new QTC version is anchored in nicely with a wrapped retaining ring around the edge of the delrin base, and this looks built to last for a long, long time...