• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired "Perfect Tri/Quad Sinks" and little ol "Minetrois"

MenaceSQL

Enlightened
Re: \"Perfect Tri Sink\" and little ol \"Minetrois\"

Got mine too. Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

stein

Newly Enlightened
Re: \"Perfect Tri Sink\" and little ol \"Minetrois\"

Paypal sent for one:
#1D. "Perfect Tri Sink" for SO20XA reflector in MagD

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Perfect Sinks and lil ol \"Minetrois\" & \"Quadam

*** NEWS UPDATE ***
- All PMS & Minetrois have been sent.
- PTS sale resume after positive field results.
- The official release of PQS and Quadamire.

After three different prototypes and numerous revisions the "Perfect Quad Sink" have now been officially released. I have tried the Quad-Star configuration but there is no way to fit the 4 star in the body without filling down the star edges. Even with auto centering it's not so trivial. With the stars seated in a 2x2 configuration the reflector will be cluster in a rectangular shape causing the beam to flood. Might as well use the SO17XA reflector in that case.

Taking Ctechlite or Sway (sorry can't remember all PMs), I made the PQS available with drop-in pockets for emitters instead. The trade off is easier alignment for harder assembly process.

As for the Quadamire I have released it in three different host size, Minetrois's shorten Mag2C, Mag1D, and Mag2D. At max power this is comparable to the MiniHID. For those who knows where I live, I lite-up the temple's top floor, ~150 meters away /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif now I have to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif to the gods for forgiveness.

dabiscake

Newly Enlightened
Re: PMS and little ol Minetrois & Quadamire

Paypal sent for a PQS. Thanks!
BTW, did you receive my previous Paypal I sent yesterday for some LiIon 14500? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wallyrulz

Enlightened

OK, you're killing me with the possibilities, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Can a fatman with 2 pila 150's adequately push the pqs? Is it noticaby brighter than the tri with the same battery config? I was ready to buy the tri and 3 lux 3's, but now I think I want the quad!

dabiscake

Newly Enlightened

alright, thanks for the update!

NITEFISH

Newly Enlightened
Re: \"Perfect Tri Sink\"

Got my PTS yesterday, Very nice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Now to figure what configuration to go with. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: \"Perfect Tri Sink\"

taylor: All turnkey version comes with UCL. The battery holder for Mag1D is a 3AA-1D adapter. Additional cost for dimmable is $10 for $3 parts & $7 for 45 minutes of labor.
Turbo_E: Additional $2 shipping fee applies to our northern friends.
wallyrulz: With 2x 150s it puts the Fatman to the limit. With 3xCR123 or 3xR123 it's much easier on the fatman. Can't tell you the brightness difference yet since the TK was finished at 8AM this morning.
BTW: your #3 order was assembled and ready to ship once I get the MO.

akula88

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
modamag said:
As for the Quadamire I have released it in three different host size, Minetrois's shorten Mag2C, Mag1D, and Mag2D. At max power this is comparable to the MiniHID.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are the three 'newer' prototypes different from the 'original' ones? Can you show images of the prototypes -- maybe on the original Home/Mod-Forum post? and post a link here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif for less clutter here at BST post.

So IMS 20mm reflector is still used? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Thanks.

Ctechlite

Enlightened
Re: Perfect Sinks and lil ol \"Minetrois\" & \"Quadamire\"

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif sent for 1x #11C. "Perfect Quad Sink" for SO20XA reflector in MagC - $11.53

Thanks much, great stuff here.

Any chance for a fraen LP version of the PQS?

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast

New pictures added to the Minetrois and Quadamire info thread

akula88: The orginal prototypes were in Mag2C body with b2eze HS. Then came several more early revision of the PTS. IMHO, IMS SO20XA reflector is the best option for multistar lights.
Bryan_McCall: packed ready to ship
Ctechlite: There is very little demand for the optic version. For each version I have to invest over $700. I would like to spend that $$$ on the MiniHID project.

wallyrulz

Enlightened

Oops, I forgot to post here earlier. MO sent for #14 quad kit. Thanks for offering these, I can't wait!

Bryan_McCall

Newly Enlightened

Modamag....if you have not shipped my order yet, I would like to change it. I would like to purchase the #3 Tri-star drop in kit for $80. Please let me know if it is not too late to change the order and I will send the balance via paypal. Thanks.

Bryan

Ny0ng1

Enlightened

Hi modamag. Is it possible to direct drive 3 ***K stars with PTS inside a Mag3D body with 9 NiMH batteries (using 3AA-to-D adaptors?)
So the stars will be put in series, as will b the batteries.

TIA

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast

wallyrulz: MO recieved, purple "minetrois" will be sent out tomorrow.
Bryan_McCall: PQS already sent, but you can always order the kit for a rainy day.
Ny0ng1: Fresh off the charger (1.3V/cell) which would correlates to 3.9V/lux. At that voltage the K-bin draws about 800-900 mA, which is within specification. I have only tried it on couple of my TW0Ks. If anyone else out there have tried this please post your results to help out NyOng1.

akula88

Enlightened

J.> Just got my minetrois this afternoon. Awesome configuration. Just tested it. I'll play with it tonight. Thanks for the 123s.

Mark_Paulus

Enlightened

Would it be possible to get the dimensions of your different slugs. I have a Craftsman brand torch that I would like to look at for one of these.

Also, how do you mount the fatman? Is there a recess in the slug for it? (I have a couple of those already also).

And, have you made/come up with your 3xLux V slug yet?

Thanks.

Biggimo1

Newly Enlightened

Can I get #1DO With 3 Lux III's? If so, what would the price be? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif