• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Photos of OR Triples, The BOSS is here Post away!

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
CG, Orange ya glad you got the 70? :stupid:

Seriously, that Orange light is easy to spot! wow, that is truly a Bright light! Looks cool.

CG, Orange ya glad you got the 70? :stupid:

Seriously, that Orange light is easy to spot! wow, that is truly a Bright light! Looks cool.

Ha! Very punny. The 70 has spoiled me. Never has spending so much for one light saved me so much from spending on others.

The 6P was purchased from ElectronGuru in March 2010 via a sales threads on CPF. The engine is a 1,000 lumen Triple XPG 4500K single mode. If memory serves me, it came from the second drop. A very excited budding flashahoilc awaited its arrival.

~ Chance

nKX3NQW.jpg

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Added some additional "glow" to my Boss35. I don't see well at night and I like for my "edc" lights to let me find them easily in the dark, so I'm always trying to find ways to accomplish that. One of my favorite tricks is the lighted tailcaps that some folks on blf designed up, but that didn't work well on this driver at all. The lux-rc was very unhappy about the molestation, and I didn't like having an unhappy lux-rc. So the lighted tailcap is out and the trit optic is in. Good enough. :)

The lighted tailcap sort of working, but its really much dimmer than this - useless in real life. I used a long exposure to get this shot:
NZkrmtk.jpg

With that being too dim to be functional, I went with trit optics instead:
cxVUQZS.jpg

3P0yVXb.jpg

Now I can find it at night!

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not nearly as "artsy" as some of the beautiful photos already shared here, but I took some pics of my Boss 35:

1kxTz9v.jpg

ZprAYHz.jpg

A5iU2yO.jpg

8Dl5CeE.jpg

tzagIAJ.jpg

VRbZl0X.jpg

Mobileschoney

Newly Enlightened
Those are actually great photos emarkd, they really show off just how beautiful the BOSS is.

YummyBacon!

Enlightened
I was just thinking the same-love the outdoor setting and I'm biased because I have the same light.

Added some additional "glow" to my Boss35. I don't see well at night and I like for my "edc" lights to let me find them easily in the dark, so I'm always trying to find ways to accomplish that. One of my favorite tricks is the lighted tailcaps that some folks on blf designed up, but that didn't work well on this driver at all. The lux-rc was very unhappy about the molestation, and I didn't like having an unhappy lux-rc. So the lighted tailcap is out and the trit optic is in. Good enough. :)

The lighted tailcap sort of working, but its really much dimmer than this - useless in real life. I used a long exposure to get this shot:
NZkrmtk.jpg

With that being too dim to be functional, I went with trit optics instead:
cxVUQZS.jpg

3P0yVXb.jpg

Now I can find it at night!

I'm really liking the trits in the head. Is that all self modded or did you buy a pre-drilled optic? A second question is what size trits did you use? Thanks

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm really liking the trits in the head. Is that all self modded or did you buy a pre-drilled optic? A second question is what size trits did you use? Thanks

Thanks, I considered drilling my own optic and don't think it would be that hard, but I've never tried it. I buy mine from here:

https://www.lumeray.com/product-page/833c0418-5334-9978-f873-580cc3e28687

Their "narrow" is the 10507, same optic as comes stock in the Boss. And their optics are drilled for 1.5x6mm trits. Other people/places drill for other sizes though, so if you buy elsewhere you should check with your supplier before assuming.

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine today...my humble OR/Moddoo collection...

C11675D1-0B03-4093-86F5-1D77902F67E3_zpszqcq7pid.jpg

From left to right, OR Wasp with U2 body and Tana adapter, OR smoothie with TL35 + ZRT + legendary Moddoo XPG direct drive triple, OR E2e copper V4 with Moddoo ti shroud, OR E2e copper V5 nichia, OR E1e copper V5, and of course the BOSS...:twothumbs:rock: