• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Photos of OR Triples, The BOSS is here Post away!

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
F5790963-86E9-4DC2-98D4-0C5D8E2A82DF_zpsca7qt7mw.jpg

WOW. What is this? Looks like it was tailored fit for the E-Boss.

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW. What is this? Looks like it was tailored fit for the E-Boss.

Another rarity. It is the body and tail cap from a light called Griffin by a member here Ganp.

All,

This may not be a news to you and I'm sure you've heard this a thousand times on the forums about the quality of work and the customer service the Torchlab/Oveready team extends to their customers.

Well, after posting the above pictures, I received a PM from Tom (Moddoo). Looking at the pictures posted, he noticed that the gap between the head and the bezel was larger than it should be and wrote me with a concern that the head may have been shipped without having the bezel tightened down.

He explained to me that the light was designed from scratch, with perfection in mind, and that having tight tolerances and right fit are important part of the design. He wanted to make sure I received a light that was built correctly.

This was from the pictures I posted that showed small gap on the bezel. Funny thing is, I had asked the bezel to be loosened before having it shipped to me and I hadn't bothered to tighten it as I was like a kid in a candy store impatient to try all the legos.

Long story short, my hats off again to the team that produced this amazing light and many other awesome products.

:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is awesome euroken, that is one of the reasons I started this thread. The OR Triples needed their own dedicated Photo thread. They are just amazing lights, then the BOSS hit the scene and took things to a whole new level. I can only imagine how much time and effort went into designing these lights for US. We are the end users! I couldn't be more happy and proud to own the OR Triples I do.

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is awesome euroken, that is one of the reasons I started this thread. The OR Triples needed their own dedicated Photo thread. They are just amazing lights, then the BOSS hit the scene and took things to a whole new level. I can only imagine how much time and effort went into designing these lights for US. We are the end users! I couldn't be more happy and proud to own the OR Triples I do.

Can't agree with you more. Just keep thinking about what they are planning and designing for the future.

Croquette

Enlightened
Those moddoolar are my favorite... I'm waiting for the smoothie black bezel and black triad to come back...

Great lights Eric.

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 2 confessions to make. First, I haven't even considered looking at any other lights since landing my first run BOSS 35. Second, I haven't programmed my light in months. My personal settings are perfect for me. There is no doubt in my mind the BOSS is the Boss! Best light ever!

748dc2fc7815e99db4f3aaf7dd78340f.jpg

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
@JWRitchie - looks like the patina coating has worn off by now?
For the most part. The low spots and head still have some darkness. Tough to capture and it captures light differently. Here's some pics in better lighting. Mine hasn't been babied. ;)
ecbd3004068bd41025b42a27425857b9.jpg
713b940ee01f384e4490bc4e107ff589.jpg
5b696fc90a0c0d216c9bf7a7f41671f9.jpg
95c58e4850718f96cc44bf02de434e41.jpg

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still looking good though, despite being used a lot. It's always nice to see these kinda lights being used rather than keeping inside the shelf.