Photos of your lights

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome line-up of triples and quad, ven!

Tain Damascus Zenith 16340 Prototype
28842137491_0d10c9c2d3_b.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
Thanks Jon and wow , beauty and look at the thickness of that! Steel toe caps for that light, if ever it's dropped (hope not)and you put your foot out to break the fall.....:faint:

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Jon and wow , beauty and look at the thickness of that! Steel toe caps for that light, if ever it's dropped (hope not)and you put your foot out to break the fall.....:faint:

Ha ha! No, ven! That's just a macro shot to show the beauty of the Damascus. It is just a 16340-size light. Here's an old photo...
14346198200_b3129054d3_b.jpg

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
EagleTac D25A Ti Went for a ride in the clothes washing machine. I guess the wife thought it needed a bath. It was clipped to the pocket of my shorts. I have always wanted to test the IPX-8 "waterproof" or as I say "water resistant" claims. IPX-8 is something like safe for immersion up to 1 meter.
Looks like it pretty much so is. FWIW: Top load washer on Heavy Duty mode. So I think it runs for about a hour. Including the high speed spins! lol
58DE0D4A-1DDF-4D4F-8406-A7B3F9E8BE86_zpsqrc7fq0e.jpg

EF26DFDE-A0F7-4AF4-80BA-3BB8EBEB9363_zpsbqguaivg.jpg

So the only thing was some moisture under the lens. I took it apart and dried it and it works just fine. I was expecting a lot more water intrusion. But it worked out well in the end. I was happy it wasn't one of my other lights! Thought I would share all that.

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
:naughty: Details please mr drumstick
Nothing overly special, just some triples I've built up.

Left one is a BLF Ti running a triple XP-G2 with a 4 mode 3.04amp Qlite driver including moonlight. Output is modest, but it still gets hot fast. LEDs are de-domed giving a nice warm white tint. 9 traits in the bezel and 1 in the switch.

Rigt one is an original Eagle Eye X6 BLF SE, running a custom copper spacer and also a triple XP-G2. Running a BLF A6 FET driver, with spring by-passes on the switch and driver. Pulls about 8amps tail cap on my DMM running a Samsung 30Q. Also has the latest Convoy deep carry pocket clip, which works very well with this host.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Very cool mr drumstick , nice work(makes it very special!)
I am very fond of triples, the huge hotspot of flood is just so useful.