Photos of your lights

ven

Flashaholic
Nice collection Paladin:cool:, been pondering over one of those fenix lanterns for a while now(CL30r).

PaladinNO

Enlightened
Thank you very much. :)

Yeah, this "collection" really wasn't something I had planned for when I just wanted a decent worklight a little over 3 years ago. ^^
Now it's 40 lights (50, counting those I have sold and given away as gifts), some 4 chargers and around 85 batteries.

And I fear I am not done yet. Iwas giggling like a schoolgirl when I read the name BLF GT on this forum a couple weeks ago, and looked it up.
...At which point I started drooling, excessively, and the wallet was quaking in fear. We'll see how it turns out in the end.

I still don't have the exact where to buy, how to buy and how much on the BLF (or even know if those having received one, is of its final design),
all of which I want to know for sure before I commit.

Funny you should mention the CL30R, as that was the last light I received. It was a lot smaller than I envisioned, and the way the light glows
wasn't as I thought it would be. It's just cosmetics though - nothing at all worth complaining about.

I cannot say one or the other on it whether I like it or not yet, as I haven't even tried it outdoors in any way. And it was a last-minute impulse purchase,
as I came across a decent deal on the one in Iron Grey (this was NOT a light I wanted in the typical matt black), and I even managed to haggle a little
more off on it - and as I can (and will) sell the included batteries (3x Fenix 2600 mAh) at a profit, that will make the light itself even cheaper.

It was intended for the family cabin though (I say "was", because I may just end up keeping it for myself...), so next time there is a get-together there,
I plan to give it a proper test. Last time I wasn't attending, so I sent my Acebeam EC50 along with my mother so they would have some proper light there for a change.
Bad choice. Stupid of me, even. As she and her equally inexperienced sisters with everything running on electricity (I do not exaggerate when I say they are useless with it),
just set it on High-mode, placed it on a table indoors - and left it there.

"Oooh, what a nice little light", they had apparently agreed on - yeah, for about 25 minutes, before the battery was drained. Or so she told me when she came back,
complaining about how hot to the touch the light had become >-<

And so I thought and hoped a modern LED lantern would be a little more idiot proof. I guess I'll find out next time how it fares - both against the elements and other members of my family.
Am curious about the runtimes too, as I put 3x Keeppower NCR18650G 3600 mAh's in it.

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic
@PaladinNO, Nice collection and pictures. The Fenix TK76 is a very intriguing looking light and seems to be very practical too from what I've read about it. :)

PaladinNO

Enlightened
@PaladinNO, Nice collection and pictures. The Fenix TK76 is a very intriguing looking light and seems to be very practical too from what I've read about it. :)

Thank you. But I must admit the photo equipment I use is so much better than me, and is the only thing that actually is doing anything when taking a picture.
Canon EOS 600D + Sigma 18-250mm DC OS HSM, on a tripod...ran at Full Auto (oh horror, I know).

The TK76 is indeed an intriguing light (main reason why I bought it in the first place) - it really does cover all your illumination needs, and offers full flexibility in terms of which head to use and and at which level.
3 heads; can run either 1, 2 or 3 heads at a time, and in any combination. Each head can be set to run at level 0 (off) to 4 individually. 1 button for each head, plus on/off, plus instant-turbo button.

It got 5 buttons, but in many cases I find it much more intuitive to use than a single-button operated light.

However, "practical" it is NOT! It is big, heavy, and got a really lumpy design. It can by default tailstand, but breathe heavily on it, and it will tip over.
It is really front-heavy, so carrying it over any distance will just cause an ache in your wrists. I tried it with a shoulderstrap, but its cooling fins just banged into my ribs over and over.
It is utterly horrible, and unless either kept in its box or left on a tripod, I don't even like looking at it.

But you know what? I would buy it again in half a heartbeat. Because what the TK76 offers, and the way it delivers it, far, FAR exceeds any aesthetical shortcomings.:twothumbs

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey PaladiNO,
The GT is an awesome light and it took every ounce of self control not to buy a second one before the group buy closed. If you are considering purchasing one when Lumintop produces it commercially(current guesstimates at$200-$250), I would seriously caution you to think carefully because of the above comments...this light is huge and with 8 18650's it weighs over 5 lbs. granted, you can light up a water tower two miles away, and it will be the best "show off" light (mine is bigger and brighter than yours) for years. It just is not really practical, unless you are in search & rescue, hunt for targets over a mile away, etc...
Let me make it clear I do not mean to disparage the light-design, build quality, UI, all are awesome, and at 400 lights I am no one to suggest restraint, but I did not appreciate how big and heavy this light was until I got it...

ven

Flashaholic
A couple Scout24 sold at the WTS for a mEeger price.
IMG_20180106_213439.jpg

Fraternal twins:
One clicky with short clip, one twisty with long clip.
S/N's 60xxx and 110xxx.

:twothumbs :cool::D X 2 :rock:

PaladinNO

Enlightened
Hey PaladinNO,
The GT is an awesome light and it took every ounce of self control not to buy a second one before the group buy closed. If you are considering purchasing one when Lumintop produces it commercially(current guesstimates at$200-$250), I would seriously caution you to think carefully because of the above comments...this light is huge and with 8 18650's it weighs over 5 lbs. granted, you can light up a water tower two miles away, and it will be the best "show off" light (mine is bigger and brighter than yours) for years. It just is not really practical, unless you are in search & rescue, hunt for targets over a mile away, etc...
Let me make it clear I do not mean to disparage the light-design, build quality, UI, all are awesome, and at 400 lights I am no one to suggest restraint, but I did not appreciate how big and heavy this light was until I got it...

Bugger, I had hoped to participate in the group buy. But on that particular light, I didn't want to jump the gun and commit to something not really finished yet. And I haven't had enough spare time to research it properly either.

But don't worry, my above "complaining" regarding the TK76 was only part fact - the rest was exaggeration. I got a battery extender for both my TK76 and TK75 2018, so I'm used to 8x 18650. :)
As for the weight, I took a 8 Kg (~17.6 lbs) hand weight/dumbbell with me on a 4,3 Km walk last week just because I was bored (swapped it between my hands as needed), so handling such a light isn't actually an issue.

And you know what they say about practical: "You want practical, buy a van" (...poor comparison, I just realised, as I got a van). There is no doubt that the GT could be a real life saver for those in S&R, but for us mere (male) mortals...well, a confirmation of "mine is bigger than yours" is all that us testosterone carriers need, isn't it?
It was the same for me when I bought the TK76 - I never saw it as practical, and it was never intended to be a practical light. But it did look like a lot of fun, and it was the added "wow"-factor of the design that...ehm, wowed me and made me buy it, and same with the GT.

But to stay serious for a moment longer (I can only stay serious for so long ^^), as the group buy is over...this light will become officially available at some point, yeah? No problem if it isn't commercially available yet, as that would actually suit me just fine, as I'm late to that party anyway. I read it was estimated to be about 250 USD post-group buy, but the price doesn't worry me.
Hell, I'd be even more interested if there are extra options/additional features available at a premium. But okay, as I missed the first chance, I'll postphone it for now. But I'll definitely keep an eye out for it.

Thanks for the information about the GT - saved me maybe signing up on that other flashlight board just to ask for the same info.

P.s.
Am I reading this right?

400 lights

I know my glasses needs a good clean now, but I still think I'm seeing things. :O

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
400 is not that uncommon here at the asylum PaladNO.

Say 6 a month.. 72 a year, 5 years like eddiethefirst...

I know a guy with over 3000. Batteries in everyone.... he started collecting in the 1980's. (Check out the collections listed in the flashlightmuseum dot com sometime)

PaladinNO

Enlightened
Right...so good to know I haven't lost it completely yet then - I'm still where I only need a single flashlight for any specific need (or so I keep telling myself). ^^
But there may be hope yet for me to join the fold: When I read this first time

You know that you are a flashaholic when you walk into a dark room, the first thing that you do is not to look for a light switch, but reach for your flashlight.

...my initial thought was "...doesn't everyone do that?", before I understood what sort of scenario it was talk about.
And I still was like "I do that" - because logic: You know there you got your flashlight. You don't necessarily know where the light switch is.

So, ehm, at only 40 lights...can I count the LEDs I got on my car as well to make it look a little more impressive? :D
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AuFMZD__7mN2iRTzqUszrpgpGfsM

Last edited:

puglife

Newly Enlightened
Here's my little collection : 3D incan maglite, tk70, ld75c, 2xAA rayovac indestructible (new and old model), rayovac 3D indestructible lantern, rc40 2016 and my handy portable candle :candle:

1509617054-photo-2017-11-02-05-47-38.jpg

Just a little update ...

1515578606-img-20180110-0501583.jpg

puglife

Newly Enlightened
Nice update puglife, you are missing a few zebralight though :poke:

yeah i know :shrug: they offer so much choice.. i don't know where to start :duh2: and their lower color is only 4000k i think..:thumbsdow i only like warm lights now since i got my armytek wizard yup :rock:

Last edited: