Picture of your GIZMO !

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very cool Thaugen. I've always thought that the Sundrop 083 was the coolest looking of all, let alone the beam quality. I've always wanted and never owned one; I created a copy of sorts using the AA driver and Nichia E21A 5700K which creates very nice light.

Light11

Flashlight Enthusiast
23DA7E39-A74A-49E9-8000-9583976F81E2.jpeg

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
The Haiku is still one of the greatest EDC lights ever made! My two Haikus will be with me as long as they can make light I think. :)
I gave away one Haiku and sold the other, but I've still got great memories of using them. Fortunately the LS-20 is still here, along with a non-descript Mule.

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
0001C1C7-1458-4657-8ABE-59C6F3569247.jpeg

The Greatest EDC.

I actually EDC an AA Haiku but for me the 123 and AA pak Haiku are the greatest EDC.

After many years and many lights there is no other.

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Nichia AA Haiku is top notch.
I've always admired that Sapphire Mule, this and the Sundrop 083 are such cool looking lights.
How's the Sapphire Mule compare to the 5600K (beam etc)?

nbp

Flashaholic
Yes, the original SunDrop is a dream. That head with the Nichia 083 are a perfect match. I liked my XR-U but it could not match the regular SD for a clean, artifact free beam pattern. Throw doesn't really blow my skirt up but man, a perfectly smooth beam with no rings or holes or tint shift with get me every time. My buddy has a SD and when we get together I like to shine it about a bit just to marvel at it.

The Sapphire Mule is a similar marvel of design. The Nichia 036 (I think) has a very similar tint and color rendition to the Yuji 5600k..maybe ever so slightly warmer, so verry nice. But the beam pattern is pure flood - I would say nearly twice as wide as the Sapphire with the Yuji. It isn't very bright in this ultra floody configuration, but it is glorious light. I don't use it a ton out of fear of losing it but I have taken it camping a few times and it is great around a very dark campsite or in a tent.

Edit to add: It feels so good to have a chat about McGizmos with some of the old guard. The Customs forums have been really quiet lately and the recent mashup of the forums into one I fear will only further hinder such discussion and alienate long time builders like Don. I hope we can find some of the great old threads that were about more than just boring production lights and consumerism and bump them up to stimulate some fun discussion. I miss that!

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
We're on the same page mate, I've had similar thoughts to yours stated above.
I almost felt obligated to add a bit of activity in these parts.
There's not much else I'm interested in here, so yes it's good to have a chat.
It would be nice to see some McGizmo sticky's at least but I'd assume that's not the way things are headed and thus the reshuffle and paid slots.

nbp

Flashaholic
For sure. A lot of the new production lights don't really do it for me, but also I am not ready to abandon the forum yet. Too many good times. I hope we can drum up some of the good old banter about custom lights and LEGOs and wake up some of the old timers who still pop in sometimes! :)

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
For sure. A lot of the new production lights don't really do it for me, but also I am not ready to abandon the forum yet. Too many good times. I hope we can drum up some of the good old banter about custom lights and LEGOs and wake up some of the old timers who still pop in sometimes! :)
and looks like you need to be a registered custom maker/vendor to start a thread here. the smaller guys like Devin and me, and the newer custom makers who never had there own subforum could still post in the base forum. gotta see where I can post now... need to find my pills post....

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
and looks like you need to be a registered custom maker/vendor to start a thread here. the smaller guys like Devin and me, and the newer custom makers who never had there own subforum could still post in the base forum. gotta see where I can post now... need to find my pills post....
Sold/Expired/Completed

DeweyDecimal

Newly Enlightened
I just acquired this Reylight Pineapple. It's not the brightest light in the world, but the clicky switch has a nice satisfying feel and the weight of the solid brass is a joy in the hand. I like it.
image.jpg

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
First (or another) victim of the new forum structure? This is a picture thread for McGizmo lights which would have been obvious if the McGizmo subforum would still be alive. The Reylight is a cool little bugger too but in the wrong thread.

DeweyDecimal

Newly Enlightened
First (or another) victim of the new forum structure? This is a picture thread for McGizmo lights which would have been obvious if the McGizmo subforum would still be alive. The Reylight is a cool little bugger too but in the wrong thread.
Oh haha, sorry about that! I'm new to the forum and though I've loved flashlights for many years, I'd never heard of McGizmo as a brand. Embarrassingly, I just read the title of the thread and thought someone was just using a fun way to say "post a picture of your light". Wow. I'll go hide under a rock now! :oops:

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh haha, sorry about that! I'm new to the forum and though I've loved flashlights for many years, I'd never heard of McGizmo as a brand. Embarrassingly, I just read the title of the thread and thought someone was just using a fun way to say "post a picture of your light". Wow. I'll go hide under a rock now! :oops:
Yeah, don´t hide ;), not your fault. I´m sure you are not the only one to assume that. Initially the thread was posted in the McGizmo subforum which is gone now unfortunatelly.