Pocket thrower - which one?

Jayvivet

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys.
I am after a pocket thrower and can't decide which one to get. I have been racking my brains so some assistance and peoples views would be greatly appreciated.
I have got it down to a few that I can't decide between. These all will have the xpg2 option on them They are the SL2cvn(xml-2 pdt on this one) the TX25cvn, the SK98vn (Sky lumen 18), the TX25c2vn and maybe the d25cvn.
I know there is a size differencw between a few of these but i want best performance for money really. And ideally the smaller the better for the wow factor, but prepared to go up in size amongst these a little if the throw is way better.
I hope you can help a newbie to Vinh lights - be gentle 😉

Jose Marin

Enlightened
It's not on your list but i recommend his single led p60 module with xpl pdt. You can get a 6p host too on his site if you dont a p60 host. I edc that combo everyday and it throws awesome. A little on the big side for edc but i got use to it. I have the xpg module too but the tinny bit of extra throw isnt worth the loss of lumen.

drummer132132

Enlightened
My recommendation isn't on the list either but an M30Cvn is another option. I use it for work. 2k lumen with roughly 171k lux is nice plus the optional diffuser. The S200C2vn looks more pocketable with 157k lux. These two however probably push the boundary on how comfortable the light sits in your pocket but I've gotten used to it as well though on most occasions I'm wearing a light coat.

If I had to choose from what you listed it would be a tough choice between the TX25c2vn or TX25cvn. Of those two I'd pick the TX25c2vn for runtime and ease of use with 18650 batteries. For extreme pocketability I'd go with the TX25cvn.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm absolutely blown away a with my TX25Cvn. If it's a pocket thrower you want, at 50-60,000 lux this is it. So small you won't even know it's in you pocket. The only reason to go bigger is if you also need runtime.
For that, my S200C2vn is my favorite thrower. It will fit nicely into a cargo pocket or jacket pocket.
My M30Cvn is a powerful light, but to me, it's a bit more awkward to pocket & even to hold.

drummer132132

Enlightened
I'm absolutely blown away a with my TX25Cvn. If it's a pocket thrower you want, at 50-60,000 lux this is it. So small you won't even know it's in you pocket. The only reason to go bigger is if you also need runtime.
For that, my S200C2vn is my favorite thrower. It will fit nicely into a cargo pocket or jacket pocket.
My M30Cvn is a powerful light, but to me, it's a bit more awkward to pocket & even to hold.

What battery brand do you use for your TX25Cvn? Is yours the xp-g2 or xpl? What run time do you get?

Loving this thread right now because now I'm thinking I want a TX25c2vn or TX25cvn (sarcasm)...lol [emoji6][emoji56] the woes of to many lights to buy.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
What battery brand do you use for your TX25Cvn? Is yours the xp-g2 or xpl? What run time do you get?

Mine is XPG2 PDT running AWT IMR16340 550mAh (Yellow).

I haven't done a runtime test. My habit is to use throwers as supplemental light with a flooder doing constant duty. I should explore that sometime on a rainy day.

thedodgedud

Newly Enlightened
I have a soft spot for pocket throwers and smaller lights all around. I love my d25cti vn and both of my tx25c2vn but I'm very tempted to pick up a tx25cvn!!

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to comment here, but I'll say nothing new. I have a TX25Cvn with XPG2 PDT and it blows me away when I turn it on. I do not have anything in its class to compare it to, that's because I literally cannot imagine improving on it. The look, size and performance all rate 10/10. Runtime is not long on turbo, but throw is still great on the lower modes. This one acts like a big light but looks like a 1:5 scale model, which includes run time! Good luck with your choice, you seem to be on the right track.

Latest posts