Polarion PH 50 can you stll buy them brand new anywhere?

Craig K

Enlightened
Hey guys just would like to know if you can buy a new PH 50 anywhere,...thanks.

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since no one else has chimed in, I thought I'd give my 2 cents. Not sure how much u know about these, but I believe they were a CPF special build. I don't think they were sold anywhere commercially, but I could be mistaken. They come up for sale here every now and then. Last one I recall was going for about $1500 I think. You do place WTB ad in here and u might luck out. Most never really get used much at all and are in pristine condition. Good luck and hope this helps.

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
The last place I saw them being available was from the FlashLightShop in Germany not too long ago. If I recall correctly, they asked Polarion to produce a "feasible" number of lights to make it a viable run

I agree with djans, anyone that buys a PH50 knows what it's about and will take great care of it. You should not have any problems when buying a used one from a respected member on CPFMP

Patriot

Flashaholic
I've seen them available in Germany, the UK and Finland but they can still be purchased new.

Simply Google search, "purchase polarion hid"

Craig K

Enlightened
Thanks guys for the info so far I have found one place that sells the PH 50 but they do not ship to Australia :(

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I have the PH50 and the Abyss.

They are both great.

:D

The PH40 is a better thrower due to the reflector, etc, but the Abyss is floodier and has more total lumens.

I don't know anyone who feels their PH40 is not awesome though.

:D

Patriot

Flashaholic
Is it maybe worth just getting the PH 40?

Very slightly better throw from the PH40 than the Abyss S but the Abyss's slightly higher output, dual mode, longer run-time on low, shorter length and true dive rating is hard to ignore. Having owned both, I'd probably steer you to the Abyss but the PH40 is a wonderful light if you go that route.

fracmeister

Newly Enlightened
Well, as another guy who would like a PH50.... can civilians easily buy the CSWL? That even seems like a step up from the PH50 but I havent seen the price tag or availability///

Patriot

Flashaholic
Well, as another guy who would like a PH50.... can civilians easily buy the CSWL? That even seems like a step up from the PH50 but I havent seen the price tag or availability///

The original PH50 was about $3800 iirc, so I'm guessing the newest rendition is at least that much.

fracmeister

Newly Enlightened
My Gen II nightreaper shipped today... needless to say I am pretty excited. Just downloaded the 194 MB operations manual. At least that wil give me something to read until it arrives.

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
indeed, that is where i bought mine from. great company and they have awesome customer service. If i could, i'd buy another. their that good.

Cool. I didn't know you could still get these.
Hey Ron, do you like your PH50 better than your BarnBurner?

Dan