Post your Damascus, mokume gane, etc. lights!

jclubbn5

Newly Enlightened
I think I have a thing for exotic triples
Left to right
Damascus Okluma DC1
Timascus gunner grip Hanko trident
Damascus Macs custom tri edc
Timascus Okluma DC1
Damascus Hanko twisted trident
Timascus Hanko twisted trident
d7d4fa0d93469f6b6b6400527ccd1229.jpg

magellan

Honorary Aussie
A newly arrived Tain Ottavino Timascus, along with two recently arrived small Timascus items, a golf ball marker disk (no, I don't play golf, I just liked the Timascus), and a small Timascus keychain "knife blade" (actually not sharp at all).

https://imgbox.com/KZlTHxFO

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I like small Timscus items!:) Nice score Steve!

Thanks, George!

I went back to the maker's original description, and noticed it's actually described as a Timascus knife pendant, not a keychain item, as I said. Since it's not at all sharp, it sounds like it's intended to be purely decorative rather than practical, although I suppose you could use it as a letter opener.

But anyway, like you said, I just bought it because I like small Timascus and mokume things, like your lights. ;-)

magellan

Honorary Aussie

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
Forgot to respond to this.

Congrats!

Would luv to see a photo of it along with the rest of your Ottavino collection (and maybe with that Chinese clone, I forget the name, that actually looks like a pretty good quality copy).

My clone is around somewhere. If I can find it I'll post a photo of it next to a real Tain.
I've never seen, or heard of a Tain clone. Interesting... I need to find out what to look for when buying them.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Yes, and the overall quality is very good I think. Nice machining, same two modes, uses both AAA and 10440, and the battery even goes in reversed like on a Tain, but stainless steel instead of titanium. Price was around $35. They were on eBay, might still be there.

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I just found mine. Here it is next to an Ottavino rev 2 I think.

It's a Lumzoo SP11-S.

https://imgbox.com/JBmu8Ym8

As you can see it's pretty similar physically, and the other specs are similar too. The main difference for me is the stainless makes it much heavier, but being an AAA size light it's still not that heavy.

Last edited: