Post your Damascus, mokume gane, etc. lights!

Carnivean

Newly Enlightened
Timascus Okluma dc1 with 371d driver and XL crusader cross Steel Flame clip
1e8c82c9f7e038c8042c5c44d5103331.jpg

That is an amazing piece.

easilyled

Flashaholic
Beautiful lights Jeff. Interesting how the Okluma Damascus has so much contrast between the steels. The darker steel in that one is really dark. Very attractive.

Do you know if this is down to the damascus bar that Okluma uses or is it more down to the etching technique?

Last edited:

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a combination of both really. The Mac and Hanko are both SS Damascus by Chad Nichols and the Okluma is carbon damascus with Nickel and a soft steel from a different maker.

jclubbn5

Newly Enlightened
I carry the Okluma alot as a work horse while doing stuff like changing brakes and oil or doing home repairs on my parents rentals. With all the carry in wet humid environment it does slightly get some rust (not much at all) but easily polishes off. I here you can put wax on them but I'd rather just polish it up once a year.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I carry the Okluma alot as a work horse while doing stuff like changing brakes and oil or doing home repairs on my parents rentals. With all the carry in wet humid environment it does slightly get some rust (not much at all) but easily polishes off. I here you can put wax on them but I'd rather just polish it up once a year.

There's this very thick oil I've heard about, Cosmoline, but it's more for preserving stuff from rust for storage rather than for EDC because it's basically about the consistency of Vaseline, but is completely clear. Anybody here tried it?

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's this very thick oil I've heard about, Cosmoline, but it's more for preserving stuff from rust for storage rather than for EDC because it's basically about the consistency of Vaseline, but is completely clear. Anybody here tried it?
Yep, the only 18350 damascus Fred made I think.....

I use RemOil on my carbon damascus
Great to know that, thanks. I have just one Chad Nichols, which I got from you.

http://imgbox.com/yVKKPh56

jclubbn5

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Magellan. My famous saying is it's only money you can always make more.
I've heard of the cosmoline thing I think that might be what my brother had to clean off of some guns he bought. That's some nasty stuff if it's the same thing I'm thinking of.

light-modder

Enlightened
Yes cosmoline is what guns get packed in for storage, machines are stored covered in it as well sometimes. And yes it is nasty stuff.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Rich also found the Martin pen for me, so after I get it I'll post photos of it with my other Martin items, including the other pen (the slender model) and some of my mokume lights.