Post your home-made lanyard photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
lanyardsinovas.jpg

Stormdrane

Enlightened
Here's my skull knocker lanyard. There's a 5/8" chrome steel ball bearing inside the monkey fist to give it a little more weight than the usual marbles I use.

skullknockerlanyard2.jpg

ghostrider

Enlightened
Here's a Corkscrew Stitch, With two Three-Strand Braids, and a Knife Lanyard knot.

Here's two more JFBF's done in desert camo. One Square Stitch, and one Round Stitch.

We'll try this again since I know at least one person is having trouble seeing this.

CSLaynSmall.jpg

JFBFSmall.jpg

Last edited:

bruner

Enlightened
ghostrider,

You have great skill. I'm always impressed to see your next creation.

I'm still dumbfounded by your 1" diameter steel ball berring monkey fist lanyard.

Jeez, you could surely knock someone out with that thing.

Dan

ghostrider

Enlightened
bruner said:
ghostrider,

You have great skill. I'm always impressed to see your next creation.

I'm still dumbfounded by your 1" diameter steel ball berring monkey fist lanyard.

Jeez, you could surely knock someone out with that thing.

Dan
Thanks Dan.

IIRC, someone else on this thread also used a 1" diameter BB for a Monkey's Fist, but with a different application. The JFBF wasn't even my idea. Credit for that one goes to Gander_Man.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Lots of interesting lanyards made by those here. Simply awesome!

Just wanted to say that GhostRider makes some incredible fobs/lanyards, and have to say that 4 of his fine pieces are in my possession! Outstanding I say! :thumbsup:

s002cjs

Newly Enlightened
Awesome work by everyone. Could I ask for two minor pieces of advice?

-First, when I try to melt the ends of light colored paracord, I'm getting black globules of melted cord instead of just a colored melted blob. Am I using too high a heat from my lighter...maybe need a candle flame or something a little cooler?

-Second, I LOVE the bracelets, however can't find instruction for attaching both ends...the only instructions seem to assume a loose end tied into a knot. I'd like to be able to do something like the watch band (one end attached to the watch, the other to a clasp), but can't see where/how the paracord is attached to its own end. Can anyone provide insight?

Thank you for all the great pictures and inspiration!

Alloy Addict

Enlightened
s002cjs said:
Awesome work by everyone. Could I ask for two minor pieces of advice?

-First, when I try to melt the ends of light colored paracord, I'm getting black globules of melted cord instead of just a colored melted blob. Am I using too high a heat from my lighter...maybe need a candle flame or something a little cooler?

Try experimenting with how close you get to the flame. There is a point where it will melt the nylon, but not turn it black. A hot knife attachment on a soldering iron will make very clean ends also. I use a Bic lighter, or a butane Zippo that I have.

Stormdrane

Enlightened
Just finished this 'skull knocker' lanyard in forest green and neon orange, with a 3/4" chrome steel ball bearing inside the monkey fist, and a Schmuckatelli pewter skull.

fgnomf.jpg

chaka

Newly Enlightened
...and another one for my BM...
lanyard_BM2.jpg

need to get more paracord in diferent colors :huh:... :grin2:

Last edited:

Gander_Man

Newly Enlightened
The JFBF wasn't even my idea. Credit for that one goes to Gander_Man.[/QUOTE]

Yea, but trust me when I tell you, all the skill of the final product is the result of Ghostrider's skill and passion *S*
- Russ (Gander Man)

Taylorf

Enlightened
I know these arent exactly lanyards because they can't attach to anything but I didnt want them to be lanyards. I just like making them. Here are the most recent ones I made.

From left to right: circle stitch, square stitch, triangle stitch, circle stitch over a circle stitch, square stitch over a square stitch, twist stitch, corckscrew stitch, and im not sure what the last one is called but it looks cool.

Here is a picture of the last one from the top, sorry its really blurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts