Power went out at hotel

The Hawk

Enlightened
My wife and I were visiting our son in W.Va. He just moved there from Ky. and does not have his house organized yet. Therefore, we stayed in a hotel. Around 6:00 this morning we heard a loud noise. A car had run into a utility pole, knocking the electricity out at the hotel. Of course I had packed multiple flashlights. I grabbed a couple of them and went to the lobby. The desk clerk said power would be out until noon, We just packed up and left. We were coming home today anyway. Once again, I have proven that it is an excellent idea to pack a few flashlights when traveling, but you all knew that.

sgt253

Enlightened
Glad that the preparation paid off and all was good. My wife used to tease me about the flashlights that would accompany our excursions. That is until one moonless night in a city in Mexico the power went out. Out came the Surefire 6P with an led drop in to light the way. She was very relieved that my preparation paid off. Best.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
In WV the power can go out anytime. If you happen to be carrying a light that turns night into day chances are they have it back on before you can unholster and switch on.
Ha! My draw-stroke is faster than their automated computers.