Predator Pro Black? or Gold Bezel?

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depends on what your 'certain situations' are.

Black is the more stealthy version and would be appropriate for genuinely 'tactical' situations or for hunting. If the light is only for 'civilian' type activities and general use (where it wouldn't matter if you used something in a fluorescent yellow colour), then go for gold if you fancy it.

Last edited:

AnthonyMcEwen2014

Enlightened

Black is the more stealthy version and would be appropriate for genuinely 'tactical' situations or for hunting. If the light is only for 'civilian' type activities and general use (where it wouldn't matter if you used something in a fluorescent yellow colour), then go for gold if you fancy it.

And to add to this how is the black goning to be better even in a tactical / non civilin situation, the whole thing puts out light so its not a case it its visabilerty, unless you dont want it showing your location when its off, but in the case both are bad as they will both reflect as they are shiny, its not matt black even on the black one.

I cants see how the colour could make any diffrence in any situation of anykind, maby if you could tell us more?

buds224

Enlightened

^ +1
It's like the difference between a gold firearm and a black one. Obviously, the black one will be more stealthy and blend in the dark better, not completely, but better.

Last edited:

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the gold bezel it looks cool IMO, not much more thought than that went into me buying that type.

GrizzlyAdams

Enlightened
personal preference. if a gold ring on the business end of a flashlight is your top concern when buying the light just call Armytek...I'm sure they'd be glad to sell you a black one where you can swap out if you want.

RetroTechie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bought the "warm" version a while ago (Neutral White), which was only available in black. So I got some extra bezels, clip and tail switch as well, which definitely looks more cool imho. For a true 'tactical' use, black would be the obvious choice. But gold color probably not much difference in practice.

Bottom line: get what you like, 'looks are what counts'...