Prime / Prime Pro. Every Day Carry Lights.

Lumencrazy

Enlightened
"........Hello Armytek I'm wondering why my Prime A2 v3 says it can run 1 AA, 2 AA or 1 CR123?...."​

It actually said that? :)

Last edited:

chadvone

Enlightened
I took it the same way Woods did. I have gotten better at understanding translations. I have communicated with Armytek through PM's and in emails. They have all turned out positive.

ON a better note I have received my Prime Pro C2 Warm XPL. Took it out walking Red tonight. It paired great with my Wizard Pro Warm. Tint is awesome. Zero greens. Better throw then I expected. Reminded me of my Viking Pro V2.5w.

After playing with all the levels. I set it up for squeeze light function (tactical) Main 3. Worked great for locating Red when he was out of headlamp range. And identifying what was behind glowing eyes, 3 deer, 1 rabbit, 1 beaver, and 1 mouse.

Have not tried the clip yet, I love the Wizard clips and have some on order. Without clip it will table role. Didn't notice any difference between A1 and C2 in my pocket. Just slightly longer may have prevented it from turning sideways.

Body is lighter than head and tail and less smooth . Body now has taper towards the head to help prevent pocket lint build up. Cannot flip the body for bezel up carry. I believe I could on my V2 but I may be wrong.

Beam shape is mostly round unless your < 3 feet from wall, then its round with 3 reflections from the bezel. Much better then the 6 sided V2.

Mine says , Or has written on the side. Brightest For City. Mine is warm, I thought Warms said, Brightest for Outdoors. Again I could be wrong.

Primes will lego. C2 will run with 14500,IMR, but not Ni-Mh. A1 does fine on 18650 and holds max alot better than 14500. I have C1 body, and non pro tail cap on the way. With this set up, I will have all bases covered :)

Last edited:

chadvone

Enlightened
Armytek

Will the Partner tail switch work on my Prime Pro C2 ???

I have noticed IF. I turn light on. Loosen tail cap. Tighten tail cap. Light comes back on. Very tactical. If I loosen just to light off, I can thumb it like it has tail switch. Also works on my Wizard. This does not work on my Prime A1 Pro.

Last edited:

ArmyTek

Enlightened
Armytek

Will the Partner tail switch work on my Prime Pro C2 ???

I have noticed IF. I turn light on. Loosen tail cap. Tighten tail cap. Light comes back on. Very tactical. If I loosen just to light off, I can thumb it like it has tail switch. Also works on my Wizard. This does not work on my Prime A1 Pro.

No, it will not work on Prime.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Re: Prime/Prime Pro. Outdoor & Camping flashlights

Ordered an A2 pro. Hope it works out. I wonder if the head twists off as betting a 1XCR123/1XAA body would work on it. Then again I don't see those for sale.

chadvone

Enlightened

Ordered an A2 pro. Hope it works out. I wonder if the head twists off as betting a 1XCR123/1XAA body would work on it. Then again I don't see those for sale.

Bodies of the Primes will lego. Just mind the voltage on the head. I have Warm C2 and Cool A1. Allows me to shorten light a little , and change tints for my tasks. I have a C1 body and non pro tail cap on its way.
Tail cap will switch with my Wizard but I don't believe the head light bodies are made to come off.

I contacted AT here and they took care of it.

Woods Walker

Bodies of the Primes will lego. Just mind the voltage on the head. I have Warm C2 and Cool A1. Allows me to shorten light a little , and change tints for my tasks. I have a C1 body and non pro tail cap on its way.
Tail cap will switch with my Wizard but I don't believe the head light bodies are made to come off.

I contacted AT here and they took care of it.

I was thinking a C1 body would allow me to use a wide range of battery types. I liked the overly warm tint of the headlamp so hope the A1 mirrors that but if not it's a lottery anyways. I was not sure if I should go with the pro or not. The regular Preditor was much easier than the pro version UI in the field and the pro version of the Tiarra with the battery type selection option got me into trouble. I needed to jump start it back to life using 2xAA. I didn't see that much difference between the pro and none pro verson with the A2 beyond stuff I don't care about such as the various indicators that I never trust on any electronics. How often is a voltage or battery capacity indicator more than just a rough idea? Just the same went with the pro. Haven't gotten a 2xAA light in some time. 2XAA is actually one of my favorite form factors when in the woods.

I was considering the A1 but already have a ZL SC5w and a 4/7 Quark XP-G2.

Woods Walker

I got the Prime A2 in the mail today. Seemed really solid. Has the same on the warm side NW as the Tiara and Preditor. Nice beam as well. Having not gotten a chance to hike with it yet. Might take it as a backup for tonight's late trail run.

Woods Walker

The A2 worked well during last nights long run/hike. Illuminated a wide swath of trail. Enjoyed the tint in the woods as well. Oddly the side of the head says something about it being for the city. Lol I wasn't in the city. The lanyard was not to my liking. The strong magnet would grab the metallic parts and it was a bit too short so made another out of paracord. A simple thing but done the same setup with other lights and it works great. If anyone is interested I could post a pic. The ergonomics for the A2 are really nice for extended handling. The shape of the head makes changing modes feel natural. I did find the button a bit stiff but that's good for pack carry and got this as a pack kit item. This isn't to say the switch was overly hard.

So far it is a winner but the night is young.

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just shipped my Prime C1 Pro to China for warranty replacement. Keeping my fingers crossed that the replacement is free of glitches.

My replacement Prime Pro has arrived, after a relatively short 5 week turn around time. The new one has a warm (very warm) XP-L emitter. Everything on the replacement flashlight is working perfectly. Hope it stays that way. :)

ncgrass

Enlightened
Hi all, I recently bought a Prime C1 Pro Neutral White and have been enjoying the tint and form factor. It's been a nice light but is having problems in the cold. I've used it a few times when it's been -15C. It cuts out and is unable to sustain the two highest modes after being outside for more than 20 minutes.

As soon as it warms back up it works perfectly. Can anyone shed some light on this at all? I'm very happy with the light and will not be sending it back since I can use my predator (an amazing, tough light well above the price point) or something else but was wondering if anyone else had some insight.

Cheers!

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
...I've used it a few times when it's been -15C. It cuts out and is unable to sustain the two highest modes after being outside for more than 20 minutes….

Even with a fully charged battery? What battery are you using?

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my Prime C1 Pro a week ago. To enter a firefly level from Off State, I "press and hold" the switch until I see the LED come on in firefly, and then I immediately release the switch, at which point the flashlight jumps to one of the Main Levels. This is not normal, is it?

To successfully enter firefly from Off State, I have to lengthen the time I "press and hold" the switch. This requires precise timing on my part, which I cannot always accomplish.

In my replacement Prime C1 Pro with XP-L the above behavior is no longer present. I can release the button as soon as Firefly1 turns on, and it stays in that mode.

ncgrass

Enlightened
Even with a fully charged battery? What battery are you using?

It's not 100% since it saw use prior to going outside but not a whole lot. The voltage indicator still flashes green. It has a Battery Station brand cell in it at the moment.