Problem with my LD01

pyunny

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, I've been lurking here for the past few weeks but had a problem and thought I might seek some advice.

I recently pre-ordered an LD01 Stainless Steel and absolutely loved it. Beam was a nice tint, I loved the weight of the light, just a well built tool. I enjoyed it so much that I decided to buy another one for a friend as a Christmas gift.

Much to my dismay the one I bought for a friend seems to be having some problems I can't figure out. When I first put in a battery(Eneloop) and turned it on the light didn't respond and nothing happened. However, after about a minute or so and with some flickering the light turned on. Once its "warmed up" it seems to work fine and I can go through all three modes but with some flickering of the light. Then if I don't use my light for some time and try to turn it on again I get the long warm up period again. I don't really know anything about lights but figured it might be something wrong with the contacts and just sent an e-mail to the 4sevens website about it. However, I was wondering if anyone had similar problems and was able to fix it. Thanks so much and happy holidays =].

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check the area on the circuit board where the battery tube makes contact. There might be some excess epoxy there.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
How does it run with a normal AAA battery? My MJP Extreme III runs a bit flaky with a NiMH, but great with an alkaline AAA.

Penguin

Enlightened
I'd recommend cleaning all the contacts, sounds like a problem with the electrical path since the light seems to work fine after a couple on/off cycles. And I'm positive 47's will take care of you regardless.

Latest posts