• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Project Genesis - Sky Lumen Nguyen (It's Here!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKV89

Enlightened
Re: Will you support my 1st light? "Project Genesis"

I think Virence sells the only MCPCB that works with the Optisolis. I believe it is compatible with Carclo quad optics. You can buy the whole MCPCB with the emitters presoldered for very cheap and just replace the whole MCPCB. Hopefully Genesis will not be glued and is mod friendly.
https://www.virence.com/product-page/vr21p4

SA Condor

Enlightened
South Carolina and Bolivia, South America

Thanks for the insight. I'll go clicky now with a future option to buy a twisty LEGO piece in the future (because we all know this will be a hit :) )

Now I just need to secure one of the few spots so you can send me the battery I bought from you for this light:grin2:

mniezen

Newly Enlightened

I like the way this light looks and believe that the twisty will fit nicely in my hand. So much of my time with a light in my hand I am wearing big mitts and lights often slip out of my hands. Looking forward to owning one.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast

Those twisty fins will be great in winter, not just diving. Rounding off the sharp edges is smart and makes it more versatile.

The Lego kit concept is tantalizing. A single head for throw, a multi head for flood, clicky tail for summer and twisty tail for winter.

Lumenwolf

Enlightened

Loving the ability to get your light custom built [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Some thinking out loud:

• Light will initially be released with Twisty tail cap
  • Clicky tail cap + 3*Trits Pocket clip will follow after (Those that want clicky may wait for this release)
  • More collectible head designs and varying body configuration available much later
  • You will be able to select Singe, Triples, Quads, Mules or Color Dragon triples right away. LEDs mix and match 100% user customization.
  • Really hope I can get the body gray natural anodization in addition to Black
  • Will look into clear anodization to see what it is
  • Might do several polished and raw rustic matte just for kicks
  • Still looking into a good holster option

Last edited:

Steeldog

Newly Enlightened

Some thinking out loud:

• Light will initially be released with Twisty tail cap
  • Clicky tail cap + 3*Trits Pocket clip will follow after (Those that want clicky may wait for this release)
  • More collectible head designs and varying body configuration available much later
  • You will be able to select Singe, Triples, Quads, Mules or Color Dragon triples right away. LEDs mix and match 100% user customization.
  • Really hope I can get the body gray natural anodization in addition to Black
  • Will look into clear anodization to see what it is
  • Might do several polished and raw rustic matte just for kicks
  • Still looking into a good holster option

Pretty cool options. Holster would be good for sure. Nothing tactical about Clear Anodization but I'd probably go that route. Brings out a uniqueness to most flashlights.

SKV89

Enlightened

My clear anodized L6 from MTN is the most beautiful flashlight I own and I have a ton of flashlights. Definitely provide clear anodized option if possible.
L6CLRHST1-750x750.jpg

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

We are not going to know who make light for this skylumen light. I have a feeling it's a foursevens ..

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

We are not going to know who make light for this skylumen light. I have a feeling it's a foursevens ..

He is actually a CPFer that post here once in awhile. He might chime in one of these days. :)

Also other than a few smaller shops and Surefire all the big players such as FourSevens are made in China. Zebralight mentioned they are moving back to USA but I am not sure that has happened.

Last edited:

gsteve

Enlightened

did i miss the price ?

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm banking on Texas Lumens --- since he's stated about better quality aluminum

Status
Not open for further replies.