• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Project Genesis - Sky Lumen Nguyen (It's Here!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Will you support my 1st light? "Project Genesis"

Hmmm. Couple thoughts. I like the belt clip on the clickie; will there be one available for the twistie?
As others have said, LOVE the color on this and would prefer it over the black, if it's possible.
I normally don't like twisties (though they are the most reliable), but I think the design on this clickie will make it hard for my short fat thumb to operate.
I also like having trit slots which are not on the clickie.
So at this point I'd say I prefer the twistie.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Hmmm. Couple thoughts. I like the belt clip on the clickie; will there be one available for the twistie?
As others have said, LOVE the color on this and would prefer it over the black, if it's possible.
I normally don't like twisties (though they are the most reliable), but I think the design on this clickie will make it hard for my short fat thumb to operate. Dont worry about that. Not everything you see will make it to production. The clicky need tweaks for sure and wont be as shown. The pictures were just for entertainment purposes. ;-P

I also like having trit slots which are not on the clickie.
So at this point I'd say I prefer the twistie.

patricio2626

Newly Enlightened

I'm very interested in a clicky tail thrower once this becomes available. I just got your Delta in the mail (really cool!) and am also about to pull the trigger on a T27vn spec 7.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I'm very interested in a clicky tail thrower once this becomes available. I just got your Delta in the mail (really cool!) and am also about to pull the trigger on a T27vn spec 7.

Clicky tail thrower will be a popular option as I already have many past LEO customers requesting it. In contrast to popular preference here that prefer silver they prefer black ahahha.

Genesis Rev 1 will have more tweaks. Hopefully 1 Rev is all it takes. I am so worried about this project I haven't spend money on much else.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast

Clicky tail thrower will be a popular option as I already have many past LEO customers requesting it. In contrast to popular preference here that prefer silver they prefer black ahahha.

Genesis Rev 1 will have more tweaks. Hopefully 1 Rev is all it takes. I am so worried about this project I haven't spend money on much else.

Don't worry....... Good things come to good people. I believe this light will be a success!:poke:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast

Really coming along nicely, count me as interested :twothumbs

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Really coming along nicely, count me as interested :twothumbs

I used to have a massive amount of customers from Canada and Australia when USD was down. Now that USD is up orders from these country has greatly declined. UK too decline but not as bad. Way more USA and Asia customers now though...Hmm....

Zandar

Enlightened

Possibility, probability, actuality, is the key, right now "Genesis" is nearing the actuality stage. If you continue to believe in Genesis it will happen, keep up the good work, Zandar

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast

I used to have a massive amount of customers from Canada and Australia when USD was down. Now that USD is up orders from these country has greatly declined. UK too decline but not as bad. Way more USA and Asia customers now though...Hmm....

Most likely they print their own dollars in Asia :D

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Any update on your firstborn trials?

Working on Revision 1 now
Lots of improvements to all the parts
Twisty tail cap much slimmer profile for smoother pocket carry
Body has more aggressive fins
Pocket clip screw base gets a cavity for much stronger hold and easier slide in to pocket
Optional Fancier Ti clip in design with logo and trits slots
Clicky tail button easier to access while still able to tail stand
Overall dimensions adjusted to make sure longest Protected 21700 fits
Rounded edges everywhere possible for smoother carry

:)

Last edited:

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast

Too bad it had to be made longer. I've always liked how Zebralight made their lights shorter and made users use high quality high discharge flat-top cells.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Too bad it had to be made longer. I've always liked how Zebralight made their lights shorter and made users use high quality high discharge flat-top cells.

I would like a light that appeal to as many professionals as possible. Thus Protected cells and a length long enough to accommodate all type of cells and circuitry set up is mandatory. Also the clicky version wont be any longer. The twisty version a bit. We are talking a few mm. That few mm opens up more possibilities that the user should welcome. This light was never intended to be the smallest and most compact as possible. Its intended to be a bullet proof workhorse. That said I still think it's relatively stubby.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: Will you support my 1st light?

I left the Proto with Dad to that he can have it

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm so sorry your dad has passed to the afterlife. I feel your pain my friend as I too lost my father suddenly to lung cancer 3 1/2 years ago all too suddnely. He was 69, but super healthy and strong, so we thought. I know we all have an expiration date and only God knows the day. It still hurts though when they go. I know we'll both see our fathers again though. Very cool to send your prototype with him! When these are released, please count me in for one in support of your business and in honor of your father. 😇

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I'm so sorry your dad has passed to the afterlife. I feel your pain my friend as I too lost my father suddenly to lung cancer 3 1/2 years ago all too suddnely. He was 69, but super healthy and strong, so we thought. I know we all have an expiration date and only God knows the day. It still hurts though when they go. I know we'll both see our fathers again though. Very cool to send your prototype with him! When these are released, please count me in for one in support of your business and in honor of your father. 😇

Thank you. I miss him especially at night but it does get better I try to celebrate his life instead of moping the loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts