• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Project Genesis - Sky Lumen Nguyen (It's Here!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashmir

Newly Enlightened
Re: Will you support my 1st light? "Project Genesis"

I'm interested Vinh, best of luck with this endeavor!

flybird

Newly Enlightened

Concrete Project Genesis Details:

More details to come ... Since this is customs light so, Can you consider a groove for Trits ( for those who wants to add on later , please

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Groove for trits will be available down the road on special editions should this light prove popular and of course if profiting. This is my first attempt so I have to invest in features that I consider must have to make the light bullet proof. Reliability and durability are my 2 biggest goal with this light. This is also a very simple light but to me is very elegant but utilitarian. I slept on the design many nights and realized there are already many overly design lights on the market. I too might make something super fancy in the future but for this first project I really want to stay simple. For me personally, a simple but useful and dependable tool is usually timeless.

Last edited:

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast

YES. Will support 100%. If people feel strongly about trits maybe an optional tail that could accommodate trits could be an offering after the initial run...or an alternative clip that had trits-many potentially viable options....

MadAmos

Newly Enlightened

I would be interested, very.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

YES. Will support 100%. If people feel strongly about trits maybe an optional tail that could accommodate trits could be an offering after the initial run...or an alternative clip that had trits-many potentially viable options....

+1

Nichia!

Banned
Will you support my 1st light? "Project Genesis"

Can you post pics of light?? Maybe just maybe We can contribute in design with you and help you with it to make it perfect and maybe we can give you new ideas?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Can you post pics of light?? Maybe just maybe We can contribute in design with you and help you with it to make it perfect and maybe we can give you new ideas?

My next light might be a CPF collaboration but this first one I want it to be a 100% Sky Lumen team effort.

mcm308

Enlightened

Considering what the intention of this light is. If it has nice deep basic knurling ( similar to old school Surefire), you can count me in. IMO, nothing provides a better grip then nice deep knurling. Nothing fancy. And the ability to run 2 123's or single 16650 would be cool and keep the body size to a minimum for EDC.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast

I know the project name is Genesis, but have you come up with a name for the light yet?

Hoka Hey

Newly Enlightened

Definitely interested. Would really like to see at least a sketch of the design.

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast

Vinh, I see you're doing a fund raising sale to help the cost of producing this light. What about letting those interested prepay? A hundred percent of that money would then go to funding the light. I know you don't have a price yet, but we could always pay the rest when you do or you can refund the extra paid later.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Vinh, I see you're doing a fund raising sale to help the cost of producing this light. What about letting those interested prepay?

A hundred percent of that money would then go to funding the light. I know you don't have a price yet, but we could always pay the rest when you do or you can refund the extra paid later.

I have done pre-order before but in this case I don't have the cost numbers in hand yet. We are still in the computer design phase. Once I have at least a Proto-type model in hand then may be I will do a pre-order.

SKV89

Enlightened

Yea I don't mind paying you up front or a portion of it. Tesla charged $1,000 to preorder the Model 3, which helped them fund the production of the car since they were cash strapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.