• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Project Genesis - Sky Lumen Nguyen (It's Here!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: Will you support my 1st light? "Project Genesis"

Just waiting for the shop to make the proto.
I am anxious too :)

SKV89

Enlightened

I bought three Acebeam 21700 protected cells from illumn with the 25% "spooky" coupon.

Tested it in my Xtar Dragon
Discharge capacity is 4,992mah, 4,922mah, 5,008mah. However, output of the C8F 21700 was measured at 2,400 lumens compared with 2,850mah with the Samsung 40T. I suspect Acebeam used a LG M50 or Samsung 50E under the wraps.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

I bought three Acebeam 21700 protected cells from illumn with the 25% "spooky" coupon.

Tested it in my Xtar Dragon
Discharge capacity is 4,992mah, 4,922mah, 5,008mah. However, output of the C8F 21700 was measured at 2,400 lumens compared with 2,850mah with the Samsung 40T. I suspect Acebeam used a LG M50 or Samsung 50E under the wraps.

Possible.. i was told samsung 40t is pretty good..

maybe you are getting 2400 because of protected cell.. i dont know..

SKV89

Enlightened

VTC6, VTC5D, 30T, and 40T in the C8F 21700 didn't make any difference in output so the Acebeam is either using a lower current battery like the M50, 50E or the added resistance in the protection circuit board reduces the amp quite a bit.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

VTC6, VTC5D, 30T, and 40T in the C8F 21700 didn't make any difference in output so the Acebeam is either using a lower current battery like the M50, 50E or the added resistance in the protection circuit board reduces the amp quite a bit.

I just placed a big battery order.. hope i make a good decision.

SKV89

Enlightened

Vinh, what is the chance of a copper version? I really want it in copper :grin2:
IMG_0532_zps103f7439.jpg~original

Steeldog

Newly Enlightened

Vinh, what is the chance of a copper version? I really want it in copper :grin2:
/QUOTE]

I doubt it would happen I'd be all over some copper too.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Anything is possible. But right now getting proto in hand for testing is most important. Limited runs of material types are all on the table.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast

How exciting is it that a man can come from running around with a little self made flashlight as a child to getting ready to release a real deal self designed light to the public. Keep living your dream bro. Proud and excited for you! The closer is gets the more anxious I get to see this thing succeed for you. For people like me that enjoy the "toy" lights but usually carry an HDS or malkoff it will be nice to have another bombproof option to go to. Can't wait to put it through its paces.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

How exciting is it that a man can come from running around with a little self made flashlight as a child to getting ready to release a real deal self designed light to the public. Keep living your dream bro. Proud and excited for you! The closer is gets the more anxious I get to see this thing succeed for you. For people like me that enjoy the "toy" lights but usually carry an HDS or malkoff it will be nice to have another bombproof option to go to. Can't wait to put it through its paces.

:)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy I just got update from the shop. There is a slim chance we will have the proto done by the end of this week. Any chance is GREAT NEWS!! I am sooooooo excited!!!!

markr6

Flashaholic

In true Zebralight fashion, I pretty much already purchased this light without knowing all the details. Money is ready :)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Head and body proto complete. Now onto the tail caps. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.