PSA: Benchmades' are sharp. ( Hospital trip )....

Illum

Flashaholic
I heard about this guy who dropped a Gerber fighter on his bare foot (pointy end down) while practicing some "shifts". Boy, was he dumb.....

been there, kershaw blackout, didn't hit bone, but it hit something that required alot of paper towels to clean up:shakehead

Knives are not for prying, why tf do people not understand that?:shakehead

moses

Enlightened
Owwwwwwww!! I'm cringing even though this thread is 3 pages deep. Hope you recover quickly.

Moses

ps: PM me with your listings when your knives hit ebay....

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reminds me of when I worked at the resturant, first job back in the early 80's. Was pushing some trash bags down in the dumpster and there was a can lid inside one of them. Cut between the thumb and first finger right below the knuckle. Bled quite a bit and required stitches. Never did hurt much though, but the first two fingers were mostly numb for a year or two. And those dang L1 clips, I haven't found anything that works well removing them. Extra careful!

ICUDoc

Enlightened
While I was a resident on secondment up the coast my wife back at home dropped one of my kitchen knives. I had the OLD Globals and kept them really sharp. Anyhow my wife calls me at 10pm to tell me her big toe is wide open and gushing blood. . I'm 10 hrs drive away so I call her mother who goes over to find my wife crawling around with the two babies and a trail of blood through the house. Mother-in-law faints. My wife calls an ambulance who takes EVERYONE in the house to the hospital. I found out the next morning and couldn't decide whether to laugh or cry. All turned out OK. 'Hope it's the same for all you guys!!!

PaMtnBkr

Newly Enlightened
I got a brand new Uncle Henry fillet knife one year and it was a razor right out of the blister pack. Buddy of mine wanted to see it, I tell him it is extremely sharp, he tries to flick a hair off the back of his hand, ends up taking out a nice little scallop along w/the hair! We all laughed of course! Sure hated losing that knife. It was a beautiful fish filleter!