Putco 7" LED

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a new player that contends that they're the best...
They're inexpensive and certain communities will be all over them.
I can't find them on the Putco website yet.

"It's D.O.T. S.A.E. Approved" --- Wow, oh wow.

Putco: Where the putz goes!

And the arrow-shape to them makes them look like turn signals mounted on the incorrect side.

Ouch.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
LOL

I hope they work better than they were described...something about they have a nice glow to them, so they get out the right lumens to the DOT approved?

I want to see the approvals they say they have from SAE and DOT, as they'd be the first to get that.

:D

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
We must not rush to unduly harsh judgment. Consider, not only do they "have a nice glow to them, so they get out the right lumens to the DOT approved", but they also are "a game changer".

I wasn't aware we were playing a game of some kind; I thought the idea was to provide enough light for the driver's safety at night.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
We must not rush to unduly harsh judgment. Consider, not only do they "have a nice glow to them, so they get out the right lumens to the DOT approved", but they also are "a game changer".

I wasn't aware we were playing a game of some kind; I thought the idea was to provide enough light for the driver's safety at night.

LOL

Maybe the OLD game was to see safely at night, but they CHANGED the Game, so, now, its "Getting lumens to the Dot approved areas"....because they are GAME CHANGERS!

:D

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
No longer "Chutes and Ladders", we're on to "Connect Four".

Slow down, Racer Ace...Connect Four is kind of advanced; let's not jump steps. Chutes and Ladders, then Candyland.

WOW WHAT A H8ER WHAT ABOUT INNOVATION? WHY U GOTTA BE SO PEDANTIC AND CONDESCENDING?????? :)

I almost would have bought this, except you spelled "pedantic" and "condescending" correctly.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
Slow down, Racer Ace...Connect Four is kind of advanced; let's not jump steps. Chutes and Ladders, then Candyland.
i'd play candyland but my sister is dibetic so she cant have candy and shes alerggic to peanuts neway.

I almost would have bought this, except you spelled "pedantic" and "condescending" correctly.
i spelled them right because grammer nazi's are always be like spel this corectly and their getting on my nerve's.

(Almost as bad as I've seen on a certain forum... one that inspired me to do this.)

Last edited:

Hilldweller

Enlightened
Just remember that people are going to buy these and put them on a whole bunch of vehicles.
They're cheap, they look gamer/tuner-cool, they're LED, and they're cheap.

Do you have any real intel, Virgil? Where are they made? Are they indeed compliant and legal here?

The hawker in the video is just a sales rep for a retailer. You can't blame him too much for incorrect jargon.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
Carnak focuses intensely on an envelope:

Carnac.jpg

"Yes, he does. China. No."

Opens envelope:
Do you have any real intel, Virgil? Where are they made? Are they indeed compliant and legal here?

Last edited:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I am the Dot Approved!!!! Where are my damn LUMENS!? You were supposed to get the lumens to me....I am a VERY disappointed DOT Approved.