• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Quad XP-G 5.6A 3-mode P60 module 6th Run *close*

baldo21

Newly Enlightened
Re: Quad XP-G 5.6A 3-mode P60 module 6th Run *open*

Interested in a P60 Module.
Quad XP-G / R5CW
4.2A / 3-mode.
Pure Blue GITD.
Please advice on payment.
Thank You

Last edited:

Darvis

Enlightened

Can You please, describe the advantages and disadvantages of 5.6A vs 4.2A ?
Thank You

Baldo,

I have both. On low or medium, there is no difference... the draw and output will be identical; it's only on high that any difference would ne noted.

Advantages: 5.6 brighter on high
Disadvantages: On the bleeding edge of the safe zone for most tailcaps and batteries, would recommend lMR's and a low to no resistance tailcap switch. Will produce much more heat which translates into decreased runtime on high. I keep this one down to 5 minute continuous bursts on high.

Advantages: 4.2 Most likely ok with protected AWs and a McClicky (I would still, personally, go lMR and low to no res switch). Lower amperage means less heat and longer runtimes on high. I can tell you that I can run the 4.2 much much longer than any of my 5.6 amp modules. Stiil, though, one must mind the heat over time. I set my limit to 10 minutes continuous runtime on high and call it a day.

Disadvantages: Not really any unless you really just need to have a 5.6 amp module and the extra lumens. Sure, the 5.6 is brighter, but not by an incredibly huge amount.

With either of these, it's not so much the drop in you have to worry about, but the battery. Once the tube starts getting hot, it's time to ramp it down.

Either one of these modules are top notch, though, so buy in confidence as you will love either one. The build quality is nothing short of professional and the output is amazing. Kenji is great to buy from as well and the GITD is worth every penny; It's so cool that I find myself turning the light on and off just to see the 4 little glowing dots.

Last edited:

baldo21

Newly Enlightened

Baldo,

I have both. On low or medium, there is no difference... the draw and output will be identical; it's only on high that any difference would ne noted.

Disadvantages: On the bleeding edge of the safe zone for most tailcaps and batteries, would recommend lMR's and a low to no resistance tailcap switch. Will produce much more heat which translates into decreased runtime on high. I keep this one down to 5 minute continuous bursts on high.

Advantages: 4.2 Most likely ok with protected AWs and a McClicky (I would still, personally, go lMR and low to no res switch). Lower amperage means less heat and longer runtimes on high. I can tell you that I can run the 4.2 much much longer than any of my 5.6 amp modules. Stiil, though, one must mind the heat over time. I set my limit to 10 minutes continuous runtime on high and call it a day.

Disadvantages: Not really any unless you really just need to have a 5.6 amp module and the extra lumens. Sure, the 5.6 is brighter, but not by an incredibly huge amount.

With either of these, it's not so much the drop in you have to worry about, but the battery. Once the tube starts getting hot, it's time to ramp it down.

Either one of these modules are top notch, though, so buy in confidence as you will love either one. The build quality is nothing short of professional and the output is amazing. Kenji is great to buy from as well and the GITD is worth every penny; It's so cool that I find myself turning the light on and off just to see the 4 little glowing dots.

I am very appreciative of your wiliness to share your knowledge and experience in this subject.
It is much more clear now, and you have helped me in making the right choice.
Thank You

kerberos0023

Enlightened

Baldo,

Hi Darvis,

Thank you very much! :thumbsup:
Kenji :)

erlon

Newly Enlightened

Baldo,

Darvis, do you know the current draw in medium and low modes ?

Thanks !

charlton

Newly Enlightened

will this drop into a C-3 head?, sorry for my ignorance, my body is bored out running 2 imr 18500, mclicky tail cap, 5.6 too much for that cap

thank you

Darvis

Enlightened
Re: Quad XP-G 5.6A 3-mode P60 module 6th Run

Hi,

It is the current value that it measured by a clamp meter.
The use battery is AW IMR18650.
It is the measurement value in the module simple substance.

5.6A 3-mode
H : 5.37A
M : 1.44A
L : 0.19A

4.2A 3-mode
H : 4.14A
M : 1.26A
L : 0.17A

Erlon: I do indeed, courtesy of Kenji himself...

Darvis

Enlightened

will this drop into a C-3 head?, sorry for my ignorance, my body is bored out running 2 imr 18500, mclicky tail cap, 5.6 too much for that cap

thank you

Charlton,

Yes, it will fit the C3, but the voltage limit on these is 5.5 volts, so 2 18500's would smoke the drop-in. You could, however, use an 18650 and just make a spacer to fill in the rest of that gap inside the C3. I know folks have pushed McClicky's pretty hard, and it may handle the amperage, but they are really only rated for 4 amps max. I would seriously consider something specifically made to handle high amps. As the voltage starts to drop on your battery, my guess is that these drop-ins may go as high as 6+ amps on high in order to keep the output going.

erlon

Newly Enlightened

Thanks Darvis !!!!

Darvis

Enlightened

Hey, you guys are welcome. I know how it is when trying to decide on something and you're just trying to figure out all of the angles!!

If you want specifics about how I have my quads set up, just send me a PM (don't want to hijack a sales thread) and I will tell you what I did and why; then you can make your choices from there.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm waffling on picking one of these up - don't know if I can justify pulling the trigger just yet.

Some questions for anyone who owns one:
- What is the tint like on the R4 neutral? What tint bin is being used? Does the color look like the neutral XP-G's that ship in 47's Quarks?
- If powering the 4.2A with 1x18650 (AW protected) how many lumens does it put out? (out-the-front or at the emitter, either is fine)

kerberos0023

Enlightened
Re: Quad XP-G 5.6A 3-mode P60 module 6th Run

Sold out.
Thanks!

It is limited sale only for 1.

It is $200 including the EMS postage.

☆Quad Nichia 119-H1 CRI92 2800mA 3-mode

kerberos0023img600x4491.jpg

kerberos0023img600x4491.jpg

img621587194148061.jpg

Last edited: